Ed Wang cut, according to Tim Graham

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick name the top three VT players not named B.Smith, M. Vick, E. Royal, or D. Hall to be worth a damn in the NFL. go!

Most over-rated school and program in the NCAA...

"But apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans done for us?"

I get your point, but name dropping Bruce and Vick superstar #1 overall picks right away on the top of your list struck me as funny.

"But apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans done for us?"

I get your point, but name dropping Bruce and Vick superstar #1 overall picks right away on the top of your list struck me as funny.

They are, in fact, the only legitimate super stars to have come from VT. I bet you can look up the top 20 teams by rank in the NCAA and name more than two super stars from each...

What blunders did he make? He was never the guy selecting players even when he was the GM. Now you could argue that was a dumb idea. but regardless that was his position. So I'm not hanging any player selections good or bad on him. From a business standpoint, he's done very well. When you look at how poor this team has done the last ten years and people still buy tickets, he must be doing pretty good. Personally I'd hold RB accountable for all business decisions made by the Bills' but not football decisions as that was all he was ever asked to do. From that view he's done great.

I thought he was wasting roster space...just did not show enough commitment - should have been doing more to improve while rehabbing the hand.

Buddy and Chan have to free up space for prospects that they feel have a chance, this makes sense. Hairston looked like a keeper. Need to pick up a few more o-linemen off some rich team's practice heap to round out the depth. Although I would keep Hang around for that purpose as well, but Littman and Brandon will probably cut him so we can get 50% under the cap.

Brandon must have something over on ol' Ralphy, went from Marketing, to GM, to CEO of the Bills - not sure what he has ever done, but show a remarkable ability to not only survive, but to flourish after making blunder upon blunder. It was not his marketing prowess that has kept the Bills viable in WNY, but rather the fans that fund stadiums, and keep buying tickets and gear despite all the cheap bone-headed football moves - my own opinion and folks are free to disagree.

That being said, I do feel that Nix and Chan could be successful - they know the game and can put guys in a position to win. If only they are given enough funds to do so... they are taking care of the young core of Bills they are building like Kyle Williams, lets see if Ralph or the next owner is willing to spend down the road to keep any more gems we uncover and develop.

Agreed. Why wouldn't the owner like him as business wise he's done very well. Doesn't it kind of go without saying that in any business if the owner thinks the #2 guy is terrible, he won't be there very long, but if he thinks he's doing good, he'll hang on to him. Your friend seems to have a real knack at stating the obvious.

On Brandon, I have a friend who's in a position to know who's told me that it's pretty clear to him that Brandon has ingratiated himself with Wilson and his family and that's what he owes his survivability to, FWIW....

What blunders did he make? He was never the guy selecting players even when he was the GM. Now you could argue that was a dumb idea. but regardless that was his position. So I'm not hanging any player selections good or bad on him. From a business standpoint, he's done very well. When you look at how poor this team has done the last ten years and people still buy tickets, he must be doing pretty good. Personally I'd hold RB accountable for all business decisions made by the Bills' but not football decisions as that was all he was ever asked to do. From that view he's done great.

Umm...Toronto comes to mind, and psst I really didn't have to think too hard.

Looks like they jettisoned the veteran O-lineman Hangartner because....we have sooo many capable backup o-lineman? Really?

Couldn't be that they are cheap - not hard to predict with this organization.

Agreed. Why wouldn't the owner like him as business wise he's done very well. Doesn't it kind of go without saying that in any business if the owner thinks the #2 guy is terrible, he won't be there very long, but if he thinks he's doing good, he'll hang on to him. Your friend seems to have a real knack at stating the obvious.

I think what he was saying was that it is not Russ' skill in running a business that prompts his steady promotions, rather his mad skilz at sucking up to the Wilsons - it does happen in business.

Do you really think the Bills organization would lose a dollar of revenue if Jasper sat on Brandon and popped him like a zit?

Haven't the Bills already renewed the Toronto contract?? If so the I don't think you'd cal lit a blunder. Fans may not like it, built from the Bills perspective, they seem to be happy with it. RB has no involvement who we sign or cut, that's Nix. Did Nix go to RB and say we can keep a $3mil back up or cut him, what do you think, but ultimately that's a Nix decision. Most team would all cut $3 mil backups, . I'll grant you the Bills are thinner at O-line and has been one of their weak points, but O-line is different than other positions in that starters rarely come out other than for injury or a guy is just playing horrendous. So like most teams they will go thin this week, cross their fingers for no injuries, they could even sign Hangarter next week for half the salary.

I've seen plenty of alleged suck ups over the years. But in most cases the people who call them suck ups are just pissed because the boss doesn't think their ideas are as good as the suck up. Granted his ideas could be terrible or at least in many peoples eyes, but if the boss likes the ideas, they are good ideas. That also happens in business. Do you honestly think RW disagree's with most of RB's plans, but says I'lll keep him anyway as he always speaks highly of in public. Granted no matter how good your ideas are, you can't rip the boss either.

Umm...Toronto comes to mind, and psst I really didn't have to think too hard.

Looks like they jettisoned the veteran O-lineman Hangartner because....we have sooo many capable backup o-lineman? Really?

Couldn't be that they are cheap - not hard to predict with this organization.

I think what he was saying was that it is not Russ' skill in running a business that prompts his steady promotions, rather his mad skilz at sucking up to the Wilsons - it does happen in business.

Do you really think the Bills organization would lose a dollar of revenue if Jasper sat on Brandon and popped him like a zit?

I like how Hangartner went from 'suck' to 'veteran'

The terms "veteran" and "sucks" are not mutually exclusive because a player can be a veteran that sucks, but I think you are saying that everyone said he sucked and now they are saying he is a veteran who does not suck. There is some truth in that statement and it is pretty simple to explain. I never thought Hangartner sucked, that is a term I reserve for lost causes. He struggled against some of the bigger NTs in our division, and many (myself included) felt that Wood holds more long-term promise at Center.

My confusion regarding this move is that a veteran who can and has played all 3 interior positions on the line if not great at least adequately, on a team without veteran depth across its o-line, deserves a spot. If I am wrong, and he is damaged goods, another team wont pick him up. Maybe he wanted out if he was not going to start - who knows?

I just see what looks suspiciously like cost-cutting moves on a team that is well below the cap. If that is not the case, and it is strictly a performance issue, then Hang will not make it onto another squad or at least not for very long.

Years of suspicious moves by OBD, have left me a bit jaded.

The terms "veteran" and "sucks" are not mutually exclusive because a player can be a veteran that sucks, but I think you are saying that everyone said he sucked and now they are saying he is a veteran who does not suck. There is some truth in that statement and it is pretty simple to explain. I never thought Hangartner sucked, that is a term I reserve for lost causes. He struggled against some of the bigger NTs in our division, and many (myself included) felt that Wood holds more long-term promise at Center.

My confusion regarding this move is that a veteran who can and has played all 3 interior positions on the line if not great at least adequately, on a team without veteran depth across its o-line, deserves a spot. If I am wrong, and he is damaged goods, another team wont pick him up. Maybe he wanted out if he was not going to start - who knows?

I just see what looks suspiciously like cost-cutting moves on a team that is well below the cap. If that is not the case, and it is strictly a performance issue, then Hang will not make it onto another squad or at least not for very long.

Years of suspicious moves by OBD, have left me a bit jaded.

I'm saying that you would be talking about how dysfunctional the Bills are if they had kept him

Was star in college and was playing well for us with Wade's 34 then Grego came in with the 43 and cut him (his gun incident didn't help but this kid could flat out play and would have been great for us if we stayed 34).

he was too small for the NFL - I don't think that the defensive scheme ultimately made a difference