Lenny P The Morning After

Rico

I'm pretty sure Lenny is right. Maybe an entire offseason with this coaching staff can get things fully on track. Let's just hope Sam Wyche sticks around at least one more year.

168915[/snapback]

6 Million is a lot for an average QB.

He is the best shot to win, but he is playing average.

Maybe a free agent next year? With JP ready to play in '06

Lenny P

I'm thrilled that we're winning, but I still want Drew gone next year. :D

168903[/snapback]

What has been lost in all this statistical analysis of Drew has been the weather conditions we have been playing in. I never remember a season where we played more games in windy, cold conditions. It goes all the way back to the Miami game in October, the Arizona game was miserable and it wasn't too pleasent for the Cleveland game either. I believe that a couple of other games were also played in windy conditions

Have you noticed the coincidence that in those games our pass defense looks great and our passing offense looks terrible. And then in Miami when there were perfect conditions, magically, Drew improved but our pass defense declined.

Throwing in those conditions is tough. Not to take anything away from Manning, but he could never put up those numbers outside in inclement weather. Drew is no savior, but let's at least judge him compared to what the visiting QB does in the same conditions.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Actually 6 mill isn't to bad for a qb.

What free agent do you suggest they bring in ?

Have you watched some of the guys starting in the league this year ?

Drew may not be going to the pro bowl but he is better than a lot of the guys playing right now.

168919[/snapback]

Agreed, but I am just saying what I predict TD and company will do. There is vast proof that TD doesn't want the blackeye he would wear if he cuts Bledsoe. TD went and found a head coach who would keep Drew around, and that is what is going to happen. I believe that Drew would have been gone if it wasn't for this win streak, but here we are in the playoff hunt in mid-December.

Agreed, but I am just saying what I predict TD and company will do. There is vast proof that TD doesn't want the blackeye he would wear if he cuts Bledsoe. TD went and found a head coach who would keep Drew around, and that is what is going to happen. I believe that Drew would have been gone if it wasn't for this win streak, but here we are in the playoff hunt in mid-December.

168929[/snapback]

Right. It's all a conspiracy. :)

Lenny P

I'm thrilled that we're winning, but I still want Drew gone next year. :unsure:

168903[/snapback]

At this point, I think it's safe to assume by any reasonable person that if he is the starter next year, it will be because he deserves it. :) This staff obviously knows what they are doing....

Lenny P

I'm thrilled that we're winning, but I still want Drew gone next year. :(

168903[/snapback]

Yeah right, I guess winning 7 of 8 games with a high probability of making it 9 for 10 would be cause for changing the QB next season to 2nd year QB Losman. :):)

You can't seriously want JP Losman to be our starting quarterback next season. :unsure:

I'll give you three reasons why it is stupid:

1. Bledsoe is back to being a top NFL QB.

2. Veteran team needs veteran leadership...not Mr. Wet Behind The Ears.

3. You want a team ready to revolt? Try sitting Bledsoe and telling Spikes, Fletcher, Vincent, Moulds and Milloy that you can win with JP next season.

You haters won't give up, will you.

Yeah right, I guess winning 7 of 8 games with a high probability of making it 9 for 10 would be cause for changing the QB next season to 2nd year QB Losman.  :)  :)

You can't seriously want JP Losman to be our starting quarterback next season.  :unsure:

I'll give you three reasons why it is stupid:

1. Bledsoe is back to being a top NFL QB.

2. Veteran team needs veteran leadership...not Mr. Wet Behind The Ears.

3. You want a team ready to revolt? Try sitting Bledsoe and telling Spikes, Fletcher, Vincent, Moulds and Milloy that you can win with JP next season.

You haters won't give up, will you.

169131[/snapback]

Nope. :(

If we win the Super Bowl, then he can stay.

And I've softened my stance, Drew doesn't even have to be named MVP.

I think that's fair...

certainly more than the Ravens did for Dilfer. ;)

I think Lenny is simply predicting the obvious. First, we have to win the last two games. If we do, surely DB will be looked at going into next year as the #1. If we go to the playoffs, he is almost a lock. If he falters against SF, and yes, that is why they play the games, suddenly this season is over and the streak is broke and we're back to everyone clamoring for his head. If we play great ball but he doesn't, all bets are off.

The fact seems to be, with this group of coaches, they do what they think is best for the team, and if that means benching veterans, or changing their positions, or starting UFA safeties instead of past starters, or moving people to positions they have never played in their life, that is what they are going to do. So even if Bledsoe is playing well, and suddenly during mini-camps and pre-season and practices, JP has taken a quantum leap, or even simply fared as well as Bledsoe has in leading the team but with that added extra spark and run, this staff is going to put the best guy on the field (in their opinion and not ours or Lenny P's or even TD's).

That guy is likely to be Bledsoe. That guy may indeed be Losman.

Lenny P

I'm thrilled that we're winning, but I still want Drew gone next year. :)

168903[/snapback]

Rico - WHAT?

Man, I can't wait to see another full season with Drew at the helm. This new confidence, having McGahee next to him when needed, the line gelling, and hopefully being added to with the draft, Lee Evans to throw to, etc, etc... I'm excited for next year... but then again, it's December 20th, and this year isn't over yet!!!

I think Lenny is simply predicting the obvious. First, we have to win the last two games. If we do, surely DB will be looked at going into next year as the #1. If we go to the playoffs, he is almost a lock. If he falters against SF, and yes, that is why they play the games, suddenly this season is over and the streak is broke and we're back to everyone clamoring for his head. If we play great ball but he doesn't, all bets are off.

The fact seems to be, with this group of coaches, they do what they think is best for the team, and if that means benching veterans, or changing their positions, or starting UFA safeties instead of past starters, or moving people to positions they have never played in their life, that is what they are going to do. So even if Bledsoe is playing well, and suddenly during mini-camps and pre-season and practices, JP has taken a quantum leap, or even simply fared as well as Bledsoe has in leading the team but with that added extra spark and run, this staff is going to put the best guy on the field (in their opinion and not ours or Lenny P's or even TD's).

That guy is likely to be Bledsoe. That guy may indeed be Losman.

169157[/snapback]

There's a BIG difference between mini camps/pre-season games and regular season games. Losman could look like Johnny U. and it still would mean diddly poo when the time comes for real games. JP will be a real nice option on the bench next season if Bledsoe falters. There is NO WAY he beats out Bledsoe based on mini camps and pre season.

You want to see what happens if they pull Bledsoe now? 

Exhibit A:  New York Giants.  How are they doing since they switched from Warner?

169177[/snapback]

Mike,

I am not a DB basher...but you argument does not hold...How about the

steelers...they switched to Ben from Tommy and look where they are...

Bottom line is it all depends on the supporting cast and your D...

Steelers have a good D (especially a great DC in LeBeau) and a good

offense (excellent running game to take pressure of the QB)....The Giants

had a good running game but no other offense.

One of the main problem also attributed to the Giants demise is they lost

their starting 2 DEs 4 weeks ago and they are winless since then....coincidence.

I think DB, Maddox and Kurt Warner are in the waning stages of their careers

and can win using their experience rather than physical tools....However the

timing and situation are equally important in how a rooking QB transitions into

the team.

Lenny P

I'm thrilled that we're winning, but I still want Drew gone next year. :)

168903[/snapback]

Rico,

You're to be commended for your consistency. Albeit based on a stubborn desire to be right even at the helm of the Titanic.

31 other teams are guaranteed not to have Bledsoe as their QB next year, I'm afraid for you to be satisfied you will have to root for one of them.

Rico,

You're to be commended for your consistency.  Albeit based on a stubborn desire to be right even at the helm of the Titanic.

31 other teams are guaranteed not to have Bledsoe as their QB next year, I'm afraid for you to be satisfied you will have to root for one of them.

169260[/snapback]

No desire to be right or wrong, I just don't like Drew.

I will continue to cheer for the Bills to win regardless of who is playing QB :) ,

unlike you, who will bail on this team the minute JP takes over. :unsure:

No desire to be right or wrong, I just don't like Drew.

I will continue to cheer for the Bills to win regardless of who is playing QB :)  ,

unlike you, who will bail on this team the minute JP takes over. :unsure:

169272[/snapback]

You must be a little conflicted during this streak. Wanting the Bills to win while wanting Bledsoe to fail.

You want to see what happens if they pull Bledsoe now? 

Exhibit A:  New York Giants.  How are they doing since they switched from Warner?

169177[/snapback]

Probabilities suggest that the Giants and the Bills will miss the playoffs again this year. Eli Manning is getting his feet wet and the experience is already paying off. He looked much better against the Steelers last game! By next season, Manning will be much improved due to his exposure to live action for about 8+ games.

JP Losman will basically be a rookie again next year. Bledsoe will be muddling along at his mediocre best for another year. Sure Bledsoe was a better band-aid in the short term, but what did it actually achieve? It is likely the Bills will miss the playoffs. Granted, the Bills are in playoff contention, but all the 30 somethings on the team are another year older.

Maybe the Giants will be worse than the Bills for the next couple weeks, but who will be better off over the next couple of years? Manning or Losman? I think too many people are satisfied with "average" when average gets you nowhere.

Obviously, Losman is not ready yet, but Bledsoe should been seen as nothing more than temporary.

Interesting to me that people seem to bash on Bledsoe pretty quick, but as I watched Kitna (who some of us probably would take over Bledsoe next year as a 1st or 2nd stinger) I realized this guys is playing horrible. Then I thought back to our last run of games (Hasselback, Bulger, Feely, Carter) I realized that Bledsoe is playing games to win and not to rack up great stats. His sacks are down, he's moving more, getting rid of the ball quickly in most cases - all things that the above mentioned are not doing against us. Yes, his accuracy is off at times and he can't seem to avoid int's on the road sometimes.

But if it ain't broke, don't fix it...and right now it ain't broke!

168919[/snapback]

Makes no sense, why would you bring in a free agent to learn a new offense when JP is well into the learning process. Not going to happen, Bledsoe will be here, whether he beats Losman out in camp is TBD.

There must be a reason why JP is 3rd string QB still. I can think of only 2 scenarios.

1) If Drew were to go down Shane Mathews has NFL experience and could possibly fill in for Drew during that game and maybe pull off a W.

2) JP isn't doing his HW. One thing that bothers me the most is whenever Drew Bledsoe walks off the field he is met by both Shane Mathews and Mike Mularkey. I rarely see JP in that group of people. If Mularkey is speaking with Drew you would think that JP would be standing right next to them listening to every word.

Scenario 2 for me could be wrong because i haven't been to a game in the stadium. I am subject to whatever camera angle CBS/FOX/ESPN give me.