Parrish 2012

I would bet anyone that if you get Gailey to say who his second favorite WR is on this team, it would be Roscoe. Chan always talks glowingly about Roscoe, and he doesn't throw around superlatives. There is no way Parrish is getting released, unless it is not Gailey's decision.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Roscoe Parrish is a decent 4th receiver. I like the guy and hope he finds a place on this team, but I no longer expect him to develop into a star.

I mean, he's going into his SEVENTH SEASON in the league. If he was going to truly break out, he'd have done so by now. I mean, look at Johnson - he made the most of his chances and broke out in a big way.

That doesn't mean I want him cut, that just means I only want to see him in 4-wide and maybe some 3-wide sets.

I would bet anyone that if you get Gailey to say who his second favorite WR is on this team, it would be Roscoe. Chan always talks glowingly about Roscoe, and he doesn't throw around superlatives. There is no way Parrish is getting released, unless it is not Gailey's decision.

That reminds me, I meant to post Gailey's Monday interview: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Monday-Update/0b36204a-30ee-4bfd-a434-31e6a52c3b81.

Upon hearing Chan speak (talks about him near the end), I'm convinced that Roscoe is very much in his plans.

Edited by NickelCity

Roscoe Parrish is a decent 4th receiver. I like the guy and hope he finds a place on this team, but I no longer expect him to develop into a star.

I mean, he's going into his SEVENTH SEASON in the league. If he was going to truly break out, he'd have done so by now. I mean, look at Johnson - he made the most of his chances and broke out in a big way.

That doesn't mean I want him cut, that just means I only want to see him in 4-wide and maybe some 3-wide sets.

I don't think anyone is expecting Parrish to be a star. Just a good role player that can help move the chains

Edited by NewEra

I am expecting Roscoe Parrish to be a star. I am expecting him to be the #3-#5 reason we win games this year. Special teams aside, I am betting he tears it up in the slot, especially against our division. I am expecting Roscoe Parrish to have at least 900 yards receiving, and at least 8 TD. Everything I have seen out of this offense tells me that's precisely the direction we are going in.

Roscoe in the slot means:

1. Our offensive line play is less important. They do not need to hold the point of attack. They need to get down the field and set up the screen properly and/or pull down the line and set up the off tackle runs with the slot and outside WRs blocking. .

2. Our TEs are less important...but absolutely deadly when we use them.

3. Defenses have to make a choice, let Roscoe catch underneath stuff, or, take a risk on letting Steve Johnson/WR #2 hit home runs. They will choose the underneath more often than not, and that's why Roscoe will pile up the yards.

I am expecting that many teams, especially early in the season, will learn too late that letting Roscoe have the underneath stuff is just as bad as risking home runs....and that's when they will begin trying to lock him down. The problem is: I don't think any player, or double team, or scheme, can lock down Roscoe Parrish, without major sacrifices being made elsewhere on the field. So, that's where the TDs will come from: failed attempts to lock him down, that result in Roscoe with the ball, on the move, with only the FS and maybe an OLB to beat.

Roscoe Parrish is a major component in the "pick your poison"/mutliweapon/2 second play style this team appears to want to play. I am not saying it will work. I haven't seen enough to determine if I like it. But clearly, the quick play is the default, the run and/or the long pass are the mix-up plays.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I am expecting Roscoe Parrish to be a star. I am expecting him to be the #3-#5 reason we win games this year. Special teams aside, I am betting he tears it up in the slot, especially against our division. I am expecting Roscoe Parrish to have at least 900 yards receiving, and at least 8 TD. Everything I have seen out of this offense tells me that's precisely the direction we are going in.

Roscoe in the slot means:

1. Our offensive line play is less important. They do not need to hold the point of attack. They need to get down the field and set up the screen properly and/or pull down the line and set up the off tackle runs with the slot and outside WRs blocking. .

2. Our TEs are less important...but absolutely deadly when we use them.

3. Defenses have to make a choice, let Roscoe catch underneath stuff, or, take a risk on letting Steve Johnson/WR #2 hit home runs. They will choose the underneath more often than not, and that's why Roscoe will pile up the yards.

I am expecting that many teams, especially early in the season, will learn too late that letting Roscoe have the underneath stuff is just as bad as risking home runs....and that's when they will begin trying to lock him down. The problem is: I don't think any player, or double team, or scheme, can lock down Roscoe Parrish, without major sacrifices being made elsewhere on the field. So, that's where the TDs will come from: failed attempts to lock him down, that result in Roscoe with the ball, on the move, with only the FS and maybe an OLB to beat.

Roscoe Parrish is a major component in the "pick your poison"/mutliweapon/2 second play style this team appears to want to play. I am not saying it will work. I haven't seen enough to determine if I like it. But clearly, the quick play is the default, the run and/or the long pass are the mix-up plays.

If Roscoe has 8 touchdowns as you say then we are much better than a 3-5 win team. I hope what you say comes true.

Picking Roscoe as a surprise cut = having no clue

+1.

Roscoe is a perfect fit Chan's offense. He is the speedy "water bug."

He ain't going anywhere, until he inevitably goes on IR.

If he plays 16 games (unlikely) he will be right around 800-1200 yards and 4 TDs.

Either way he is going to get 1st downs, If 1st downs per catch is a stat, I'm gonna guess that Roscoe's 33 catches last year had a very high 1st down rate.

For the first time in his seven-year career, Parrish enters a season with a clearly defined role, having already secured the slot receiver’s job.

He wasn't the slot receiver entering last season?

How many wins the Bills have with Roscoe in that role?

He wasn't the slot receiver entering last season?

How many wins the Bills have with Roscoe in that role?

Because the most important position in determining wins and losses for every NFL team is their slot receiver.

:rolleyes:

Slot receivers aren't measured by 1st down receptions and yards they're measured by Super Bowl wins.

Because the most important position in determining wins and losses for every NFL team is their slot receiver.

Slot receivers aren't measured by 1st down receptions and yards they're measured by Super Bowl wins.

Just the answer I expected--complete with emoticons.

You say he's a perfect fit for "Chan's offense". Maybe, yet the Bills offense didn't really miss a beat without him, so it's hard to make the argument he is so integral to the offense he could never be cut. He had 17 first downs (of the 143 the team had in total in his 8 games). Without him, there was a dropoff in total 1st downs, but no significant change in passing yards or points scored.