Parrish 2012

Just the answer I expected--complete with emoticons.

You say he's a perfect fit for "Chan's offense". Maybe, yet the Bills offense didn't really miss a beat without him, so it's hard to make the argument he is so integral to the offense he could never be cut. He had 17 first downs (of the 143 the team had in total in his 8 games). Without him, there was a dropoff in total 1st downs, but no significant change in passing yards or points scored.

Like usual, you just make stuff up.

A perfect fit does not mean integral.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Parrish is a big reason why this offense would convert a lot of 3rd downs and moved up and down the field last year.....

Blame ao horrid defense for our bad record.

Ya, I remember that huge 3rd and 20 something against the Pats that Fitz and Parrish connected on a first down for.

Roscoe Parrish is a decent 4th receiver. I like the guy and hope he finds a place on this team, but I no longer expect him to develop into a star.

I mean, he's going into his SEVENTH SEASON in the league. If he was going to truly break out, he'd have done so by now. I mean, look at Johnson - he made the most of his chances and broke out in a big way.

That doesn't mean I want him cut, that just means I only want to see him in 4-wide and maybe some 3-wide sets.

If we were talking about Roscoe not emerging as a star after seven years while playing on a perennial contender then I would agree. However, looking at the last 7 years of the Bills as a hole (not whole, because I do mean hole), I am not surprised that any player's progress was severely handicapped. People refer to Stevie as having a breakout season last year. Well I hate to break it to you but, that could have happened much sooner. I distinctly recall being at the Ralph for a night game a few years back watching them play the Browns. Stevie was working ou of the slot quite a bit and he found the soft spot in the zone every time with great routes and separation. Of course, everyone at that game can tell you that Trent was doing what he does worst. Any coordinator that could not see then what a great route runner he was is a joke, and this is before TO was even on the team.

That reminds me, I meant to post Gailey's Monday interview: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Monday-Update/0b36204a-30ee-4bfd-a434-31e6a52c3b81.

Upon hearing Chan speak (talks about him near the end), I'm convinced that Roscoe is very much in his plans.

funny, me, too. and i never realize this was a question.

jw