Trent Edwards

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's Adam Schefter just reported Trent Edwards is likely to be cut, what was Bill Walsh thinking? :wallbash: He never looked to be prototypical, he never had that gun slingers mentality all of the great ones have.

Other surprise cuts he predicted included Steve Slayton and Golden Tate.

I wonder how his career would have gone if he had never had that concussion against the Cardinals.

[/quote

I can't believe I'm getting into this again, but Trent sucked way before that game. Check his stats, he wasn't exactly lighting it up for 300+ yds/3 td games before then. The Bills wins in their 5-1 start that year were all against teams that ended up 8-8 or worse. And they won those games despite Edwards' play, not because of it (once again, check the stats). Obviously it's impossible to know, but I think Edwards' career would've been exactly the same without the concussion.

Is this really a career ending hit?

I know when it comes to matters of the brain (pun intended) that you...just...never...know.

BUT...have we seen quarterbacks bounce back from worse? Uh...yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=yjpANEVexhY

That would be 15 yards in todays game.. It wasn't how hard he was hit, it was his heads contact on his pile-driven route to the ground that did it.

That would be 15 yards in todays game.. It wasn't how hard he was hit, it was his heads contact on his pile-driven route to the ground that did it.

His potential was there before the hit ... statistics don't rule the day it's really about wins and losses so the argument that he wasn't lighting up the skies should be secondary to the victories he led the team too. The guy was young but leading the team and then he crashed to earth.

Sadly after that game he became fearful apparently of being on the field ...

Once again, we tend to personalize players who fail. There's no doubt that he wanted to succeed but he no longer has what it takes. Wish him well ... it's time to move forward!

GO BILLS!

BUT...have we seen quarterbacks bounce back from worse? Uh...yeah.

As a matter of fact, we saw Trent do it. 2 weeks after "the hit", Trent's line vs San Diego: 25/30, 261 YDS, 1 TD

I don't buy the Trent was ruined by "the hit" theory. I know it's popular around here but I'm just not buying it.

I think it was a 15 yarder...anyone?

As a matter of fact, we saw Trent do it. 2 weeks after "the hit", Trent's line vs San Diego: 25/30, 261 YDS, 1 TD

I don't buy the Trent was ruined by "the hit" theory. I know it's popular around here but I'm just not buying it.

This was my point exactly. I'm also not a believer. Especially after seeing the hit again and knowing that Big Ben suffers about two or three of those a season because he hangs waiting for the long one.