Trent Edwards

Wow. Feel better now?

I certainly understand the frustration that pulling for a perennial loser brings, but your rant is beyond anything i would expect from someone not troubled by lack of sanity. you don't like trent, fine, that is your right and you are of course welcome to your opinion. want to blame the source of the problem instead of funneling your anger and blind hatred towards someone who was thrown to the wolves? hate the coaching staff. start at the top of the organization and then work your way down. they are 100% responsible for drafting trent edwards, making him the starter, and sticking with him for as many years as they did. what were THEY thinking?? trent was only out there because they put him out there. I fault the coaches/mgmt 100% for setting us back a decade, but not edwards. so he couldn't cut it? who are you to say he didn't try his best and who are you to say his heart wasn't in it? Because you assume it to be that way?

the fact that you can hate someone who you don't personally know and who has nothing to do with you or your life, is totally irrational and makes me question your sanity. seriously, there is both counseling and medication available for people like you who get so wrapped up in a GAME that it completely warps your sense of logic, reality, and what really matters. I feel sorry for you and I hope you get some help.

that being said, I also wish trent nothing but the best and I'm sorry it didn't work out for him in Buffalo.

ok so you attack my "assumption" about someone " i dont know personally" by making a much bigger one about me and then saying Im insane? Nice, im not "so wrapped up in a game" any more than anyone else here. Its why we all post and read here.

You try to blame management but I blame a guy who was told time and again what was expected and he kept not doing it. Oh and I did watch him for 3 years and listen to him speak publicly...so in a way i saw and knew alot about him. He was worried about his hair during football interviews on many occasions, he showed in game he couldnt hack simple situations and he himself knew, he couldnt risk taking chances because his skills werent good enough. He tricked the coaches and management by pretending not to see the open guy and instead checking down. Oh he tried a few times but it was almost always a pick. SO he quit.

I do blame the management also but the post isnt about management. Im more upset with people here though who keep making excuses for him. I dont wish trent the best, he was a fraud. I wish Evans the best, I wish almost all ex bills the best, but not rob johnson who refused to throw the ball away in order to boost his rating, and not trent who refused to look downfield. I mean, it was his job and he was paid millions and he had millions watching and depending on him. He let us all down and people like you cant say enough to defend him. Then you go and attack me because I state the facts, defend my points and disagree with you. I guess anyone who defends trent would be a hypocrite and lack basic logic and reasoning skills.

Edited by loserlovers

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will never understand the hatred for Bledsoe. Guy was a football player.

Just never could handle the pressure coming up from the middle. Other than that he was a real gamer. He could take the hits, get up and make a play with the next down. I wish Donahoe hadn't meddled with the team after Bledsoe and his team could not beat the Steelers in the season finale. Bledsoe was far better than a J.P Losman who had missed his rookie season with a freak accident and it was unfair for Mularkey to endure a season with Losman when he had Drew Bledsoe with him. Something that got Donahoe fired at the end of the season and forced the exit of Mularkey...Mularkey was a decent coach and he would have been far better the zombie Jauron

Seriously guys. Can we PLEASE stop talking about this bum?????He was the poorest excuse of a QB I have ever seen in this league.

Why not focus on the current positives, Beating KC's ass and ripping through the division. Call me crazy, dumb, whatever, I can care less. All I know is I have not been this optomistic in a long time.

We're close boys and getting closer.

BILLieve!!!!!

Go BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says the guy with the Captain Checkdown Cap'n Crunch avatar!

Trent is the worst....The bills did not ruin him....For all you Trent defenders over the years yall r dead wrong......Sat next to a couple wearing matching Trent Edwards jerseys at Buf-Mia game last year and wanted to punch em both in the face....So long Capt Checkdown.....worst Bill ever....

Why are we talking about Trent Edwards.....get over it.

The concussions he sustained (especially the one in Arizona) made him a timid worthless QB. He was more aggressive throwig the ball as a rookie then he is today.

Stick a fork in him - the guy is done. I agree waste of time talking about him.

Or, maybe he just needed to get hit like that more frequently. His best game as a NFL QB was the next one after that "fateful day in Arizona."

You know there is something to say about cumulative hits working differently for different players. The fearless LB mentality of Jim Kelly that's often spoke of could have been brought on more from high impact collisions/ numerous concussions suffered out on the Football field then anything.

What erks me about Trent Edwards is why in hell is he afraid to throw the football? The mans not afraid to stand in there, but he refuses to take a chance at making a mistake, WTF, is this something DJ has brainwashed into him? Its hard to win in this league Trent so protect the football at all cost...

Throw the Football Trent or retire, DAMN!!!

Edited by Fig Newton

Trent is the worst....The bills did not ruin him....For all you Trent defenders over the years yall r dead wrong......Sat next to a couple wearing matching Trent Edwards jerseys at Buf-Mia game last year and wanted to punch em both in the face....So long Capt Checkdown.....worst Bill ever....

If Edwards is the worst Bill EVER - where would you rank Maybin? He is the WORST Bill/Number 1 pick in the history of the franchise.

Edited by Azucho98

You know there is something to say about cumulative hits working differently for different players. The fearless LB mentality of Jim Kelly that's often spoke of could have been brought on more from high impact collisions/ numerous concussions suffered out on the Football field then anything.

What erks me about Trent Edwards is why in hell is he afraid to throw the football? The mans not afraid to stand in there, but he refuses to take a chance at making a mistake, WTF, is this something DJ has brainwashed into him? Its hard to win in this league Trent so protect the football at all cost...Throw the Football Trent or retire, DAMN!!!

Don't, I say DON'T try and understand this because it is guaranteed to drive you crazy. Hue Jackson went temporarily insane on the sidelines the other night when the Raiders played the Saints. Why? Because he tried to understand the folowing fact situation: Its third and one. Trent throws two yards behind the line of scrimage - result, you guessed it (if you didn't see it)- fourth down. You see, Hue should not have tried to understand this. It is dangerous to his health. Hopefully he has now learned a valuable lesson. Ergo, Kyle over Trent.

Did the concussions make him a Glove Wearing Mary too? Did he get the concussions and then go back in time with a time machine? Because he always sucked.

Concussions build up over time and ebb and flow with the alignment of the planets, so it's rather straightforward to see how the Arizona concussion gave him a groin injury and affected his play prior to that fateful day.

ok so you attack my "assumption" about someone " i dont know personally" by making a much bigger one about me and then saying Im insane? Nice, im not "so wrapped up in a game" any more than anyone else here. Its why we all post and read here.

You try to blame management but I blame a guy who was told time and again what was expected and he kept not doing it. Oh and I did watch him for 3 years and listen to him speak publicly...so in a way i saw and knew alot about him. He was worried about his hair during football interviews on many occasions, he showed in game he couldnt hack simple situations and he himself knew, he couldnt risk taking chances because his skills werent good enough. He tricked the coaches and management by pretending not to see the open guy and instead checking down. Oh he tried a few times but it was almost always a pick. SO he quit.

I do blame the management also but the post isnt about management. Im more upset with people here though who keep making excuses for him. I dont wish trent the best, he was a fraud. I wish Evans the best, I wish almost all ex bills the best, but not rob johnson who refused to throw the ball away in order to boost his rating, and not trent who refused to look downfield. I mean, it was his job and he was paid millions and he had millions watching and depending on him. He let us all down and people like you cant say enough to defend him. Then you go and attack me because I state the facts, defend my points and disagree with you. I guess anyone who defends trent would be a hypocrite and lack basic logic and reasoning skills.

Umm...yeah. you are absolutly more wrapped up in a game then anyone else here. you've damned someone to hell and come off sounding like a pitiful jackass because of it. I get upset at players, coaches, the game itself, all the time. But I don't wish ill will towards another person like you did.

Dude, you really do have serious issues. To say you hate someone and that they can go to hell, under these circumstances, is just plain stupid and takes away any crediblity you may have had on this board prior to making that statement. If you have kids, or ever have them,I seriously hope you don't teach them that it is okay to go around exclaiming that you hate someone and that they can go to hell. Really??? Grow up.

Edited by john

?? -- his best game occurred the next week against a good chargers team, where he went 25-30. He had a very strong game against the chiefs later in the season too. This is an entirely unconvincing argument.

you bring up a good point....but if you know something about concussions(im a quasi-expert--i work with a lot of concussed people)

there is a time after the initial concussion where the healing process has things in place--proper spinal fluid pressure,brain/barrier factors are OK---but this situation is very very tenuous. Some of the neuros that I have talked to say that it takes years for this healing to stabilize.

So to throw a guy in a game again after a few weeks.......well- he may perform quite well for a game--possibly two.But ANY josling,ANY hits,ANY sudden stops and starts or even just the throwing motion can knock that delicate healing process out of wack.-And then the individual is worse than when he started.And if its a hard hit he takes then he is worse off than after the initial concussion and more brain damage can occur.-

The SD game showed what a healthy trent could do---and that is be a decent,overly careful,kinda weak armed QB.After that game he turned into a joke-and I don't think he was a joke before the concussion...overly careful and trentative--but not a joke.