Who is everyones surprise cut?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the most surprising cut(s) are going to wind up being at LB. The LB corps suddenly looks like an embarrassment of riches, compared to the glaring weakness it seemed to be only a few short months ago.

I'm thinking the most surprising cut(s) are going to wind up being at LB. The LB corps suddenly looks like an embarrassment of riches, compared to the glaring weakness it seemed to be only a few short months ago.

It might be a LB cut, but an embarrassment of riches? In this organization that only describes Ralph.

3 of 4 regulars from 2010 cut:

Bryan Scott

Reggie Corner

David Nelson

Geoff Hangartner

David Nelson, no way.

Shawn Nelson can go from my POV. He's always injured, doesn't impress too highly when he isn't injured, and cutting him would really do him a favor

And he has these weird headaches, which from a human-kindness point of view don't bode well for a contact sport with high risk of neurological problems in later years.

David Nelson, no way.

Shawn Nelson can go from my POV. He's always injured, doesn't impress too highly when he isn't injured, and cutting him would really do him a favor

And he has these weird headaches, which from a human-kindness point of view don't bode well for a contact sport with high risk of neurological problems in later years.

Agree Nelson isn't leaving, he is a 3rd down reception machine

That's why I was so against using a high draft pick on an LB. LBs are just too easy to find in the NFL to go wasting a high draft pick on them.

Cut moorman keep the rookie with the stronger leg. Moormans never been the same since Sean Taylor drilled him in the pro bowl. Sucks but thats the way it is

Sean Taylor's been dead for years. How long ago was that hit? I know you're trying to be funny, but that's just stupid...

Edited by Ghost of Leonidas

Now that we got another dose of thigpen's crappy play I sure hope he's gone and brown stays. If gailey goes with his good ole boy southern buddy thigpen he'll certainly lose some credibility with me. And I'm guessing with bills players too. They know who's deserving, they don't like coaches that play favorites and they'll play their best in a system they think is fair.

Now that we got another dose of thigpen's crappy play I sure hope he's gone and brown stays. If gailey goes with his good ole boy southern buddy thigpen he'll certainly lose some credibility with me. And I'm guessing with bills players too. They know who's deserving, they don't like coaches that play favorites and they'll play their best in a system they think is fair.

i think thigpen gets cut only if a better option is presented by other teams cuts. baltimore is looking , so it should prove to be interesting the next couple of days.

There's no chance Thigpen gets cut & Brown stays. None at all. Gailey isn't cutting a guy he brought in as an experienced backup, who he coached before, over a guy he didn't even want on the practice squad last year. Do you really think if there was any real competition that Gailey would have played Brown more in preseason instead of just going through the motions with this guy before his eventual release? You do understand that we see only a small fraction in the exhibition games of what the coaches see every day. We don't see these guys in practice. It's obvious that Gailey prefers Thigpen over Brown by the amount of playing time each has received in preseason. Gailey has seen enough of Thigpen & Brown behind closed doors to make his decision and he has already chosen Thigpen. Brown's mop up duty at the end of yesterday's game will not change his mind. Gailey said guys could lose jobs in the 2nd half, more than win them. Brown has never been in position to beat out Thigpen & couldn't win a job yesterday.

What is interesting about yesterday's game involved the other team. Detroit has 4 QBs and the odd man out will get picked up by someone. If Gailey really likes what he saw in the odd man out, that guy could replace Thigpen if Chan is unhappy. But Levi Brown, NO. Odds are another team, not the Bills, will pick up the guy cut by Detroit.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

There's no chance Thigpen gets cut & Brown stays. None at all. Gailey isn't cutting a guy he brought in as an experienced backup, who he coached before, over a guy he didn't even want on the practice squad last year. Do you really think if there was any real competition that Gailey would have played Brown more in preseason instead of just going through the motions with this guy before his eventual release? You do understand that we see only a small fraction in the exhibition games of what the coaches see every day. We don't see these guys in practice. It's obvious that Gailey prefers Thigpen over Brown by the amount of playing time each has received in preseason. Gailey has seen enough of Thigpen & Brown behind closed doors to make his decision and he has already chosen Thigpen. Brown's mop up duty at the end of yesterday's game will not change his mind. Gailey said guys could lose jobs in the 2nd half, more than win them. Brown has never been in position to beat out Thigpen & couldn't win a job yesterday.

What is interesting about yesterday's game involved the other team. Detroit has 4 QBs and the odd man out will get picked up by someone. If Gailey really likes what he saw in the odd man out, that guy could replace Thigpen if Chan is unhappy. But Levi Brown, NO. Odds are another team, not the Bills, will pick up the guy cut by Detroit.

+1

Thigpen is not getting cut...no matter how much people seem to want it to happen...I also think Kelsay has looked better...

You do understand that we see only a small fraction in the exhibition games of what the coaches see every day. We don't see these guys in practice. It's obvious that Gailey prefers Thigpen Edwards over Brown Fitzpatrick by the amount of playing time each has received in preseason. Gailey has seen enough of Thigpen & Brown Edwards and Fitzpatrick behind closed doors to make his decision and he has already chosen Thigpen Edwards.

Gailey at the half said last night was more about guys losing spots than winning them. He wanted to see how they'd perform under pressure knowing jobs were at stake. Well thigpen saw the most time by far and performed like $#!+. If gaileys a man of his word and respectable coach thigpen will be gone.

David Nelson, no way.

I hope I'm wrong on David Nelson because I like the guy, but even when healthy this pre-season he wasn't getting much playing time. He really emerged once Roscoe went down, but now he's back and Jones and Easley have stepped up. Plus they brought in Davis and Martin. Roosevelt seemed to be their go-to possession guy. This kid Aiken looks good too. If Nelson can't be ready to go for KC, he might be the odd man out.

Agree on Shawn Nelson. I would be shocked if he WASN'T cut.

Edited by marshawn's_blunt

You do understand that we see only a small fraction in the exhibition games of what the coaches see every day. We don't see these guys in practice. It's obvious that Gailey prefers Thigpen Edwards over Brown Fitzpatrick by the amount of playing time each has received in preseason. Gailey has seen enough of Thigpen & Brown Edwards and Fitzpatrick behind closed doors to make his decision and he has already chosen Thigpen Edwards.

I have to admit, that's pretty damn funny.