Who is everyones surprise cut?

Parrish

McGee

Sp. Johnson

Scott

I think Parrish makes most in that list so that should make him first to go. Especially given his lack of a finishe season w/o injury in the past. After that it goes down the line to Mcgee because he's older than dirt, and can't stay healthy either. I hope Johnson stays because he's looked like a beast this preseason a d Scott is just forgettable. I'd lobe to see Kelsey on this list at #1 I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think Spencer is awesome, he is smart, gets his hands up at the line when he can't get penetration

Follows plays, plays with high motor, good team guy, good pass rusher. Average against the run but plays with a schobel motor

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is would be much of a surprise but Chris White and Moats

I doubt either will be cut. The brass is very high on White… he's more likely PUP or IR but they will not let him go. As I said in another thread, I think it might come down to Moats and Coleman and Moats can play both inside and outside and has outplayed Coleman so far in their parallel careers.

I just don't get this place. 50% cry Ralph's cheap and the team lacks talent...while the other 50% want to cut solid, if unspectacular guys with NFL talent who can still play. Round and round goes the merry-go-round.

As a dime CB, Williams will get his fair share of snaps without being thrown to the wolves before the bye...

Yep. Williams was tearing it up early in camp and then he hit the camp wall and regressed to the mean. He's gonna be outstanding but I agree that he should be brought along a bit more slowly and that he's not ready for nickel duty yet.

I say James Hardy, he always bends his routes instead of making a sharp cut.

The other guy in the James Hardy category who's still on the roster is Shawn Nelson, and it's very telling that based on these threads, it's pretty much a given that Nelson won't make the final roster… no one sees him making the team and no one thinks his being cut would be a surprise.

Ok lets have some fun without bashing one another please. Who is everyones surprise cut? Theres always one or two every year. Mine is Roscoe Parrish....why? Kinda goes back to what Chan is preaching...bigger and stronger. So thats mine...I would love to hear yours and why!

Parrish

Corner

Wang

Shawn Nelson.

Hangartner.

Wang.

Hardly surprises but that's the best I can do. They aren't cutting Moats. They aren't cutting McGee. There's no chance in hell they are cutting Roscoe. Gailey even said there's a reason they didn't try forcing someone in his role during his absence.

OK I got 1 more possibility but I don't believe it's going to happen. If the Bills are truly trying to save money, they'll cut our "expensive" backup, Spencer Johnson. I think that would be incredibly stupid because Johnson has been really good this preseason.

Shawn Nelson.

Hangartner.

Wang.

Hardly surprises but that's the best I can do. They aren't cutting Moats. They aren't cutting McGee. There's no chance in hell they are cutting Roscoe. Gailey even said there's a reason they didn't try forcing someone in his role during his absence.

OK I got 1 more possibility but I don't believe it's going to happen. If the Bills are truly trying to save money, they'll cut our "expensive" backup, Spencer Johnson. I think that would be incredibly stupid because Johnson has been really good this preseason.

spencer is a beast!!!!

I just think he is the perfect rotational guy, he can play any position on the line. I would say he is more valuable than kelsay and cheaper

Edited by Defend Greece

Moats looked decent at OLB in limited action last year....so they burried him at ILB and now there's speculation they'll cut him. Still it would surprise and dissapoint me if they did this.

For a surprise cut that I think could happen but others might be shocked by, I'd say McKelvin.

Okay, why in the HELL would we cut Moats??

Exactly what I was thinking. Put the Favre hit aside and he still had a productive last half of the year as a 5th round rookie. He has bought himself another year without a doubt, IMO.

Moates isnt being allowed to play his correct position guys....it realistically could happen

I have to be "that guy" cause its a pet peeve of mine, but its Moats. OK, nitpicking aside, I understand what you are saying but he provides quality depth at OLB regardless of where he is listed and I believe he has enough value to guarantee a spot on this roster this year.

Thigpen (if he has another bad game Thurs...if he rebounds and outplays Levi, we keep him)

Johnny White (maybe makes the PS, but no impact as a RB so far)

Ed Wang (stinks)

Shawn Nelson (Experiment is over, he can't stay healthy)

Da'Norris Searcy (no impact as a returner, buried on the depth chart at SS Corto makes the team instead. Searcy makes the PS though)

Buster Davis (not really a surprise cut...he hasn't showed anything)

Jasper or Heard (I think one of them is going to the PS)

Moates isnt being allowed to play his correct position guys....it realistically could happen

I just don't see what kind of sense that could possibly make...the guy is still on his first contract, and he was a late round pick so his cap hit is next to nothing...and when you have a player who has shown the ability to provide pressure on the QB, I would think you'd want to keep such a player around...this guy was one of the few bright spots on our defense last year...I don't understand this at all :unsure: