Who is everyones surprise cut?

Ok lets have some fun without bashing one another please. Who is everyones surprise cut? Theres always one or two every year. Mine is Roscoe Parrish....why? Kinda goes back to what Chan is preaching...bigger and stronger. So thats mine...I would love to hear yours and why!

Roscoe isn't going anywhere, he is the top slot receiver and fits Gailey's offense. I have been saying for months that McGhee might be gone, I remember him being a good DB and a great kick returner, but seems so long ago since he has been injury free. If not him, I haven't liked the Hangartner signing from the beginning, so I will guess he is making too much to be a backup on this team.

Edited by billsfreak

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all realize that if they cut Moats, Levi Brown, and Wang, in addition to Calloway who was cut last year, that'll be 4 out of 9 picks from last year's draft that couldn't make the team? Can you "build through half-drafts"?

Good point. This team can't draft unless the pick is obvious (like Dareus). What's odd is that the later round picks (Johnson) seem to do better than the early-mid round picks.

McGee. Not really a suprise thought. Gets injured, can't cover anyone, looks lost, etc. Althoguht perhaps they keep him as a backup. If you cut someone, you have to have someoen better to replace that player with. I'm not up to speed on the secondary, but i'm guessing that someone is there who can take his place.

You all realize that if they cut Moats, Levi Brown, and Wang, in addition to Calloway who was cut last year, that'll be 4 out of 9 picks from last year's draft that couldn't make the team? Can you "build through half-drafts"?

What? This team is going to build totally through the draft and alot of people on here are convinced that Nix and Gailey are doing a great job with it. Just think how long it is going to take to build this team through the draft when most of the picks can't even stay on the team. I don't think they would cut Moats, as good as he looked last year, but IMO (and his) moving him inside was a mistake. The other two would be no surprise, they haven't done a thing.

Edited by billsfreak

My surprise pick would be MOATS because it is clear that the coaches either lost some confidence in him or maybe never really had it. The addition of Morrison as an ILB who looks like he is going to stay really puts MOATS on the hot seat.

I think if 50% of a draft ends up being productive players for a team it is a really successful draft. So, even if Brown (not a surprise cut), Wang (not sure if he is going quite yet), and Moats get cut in addition to Calloway last year's draft was still a very good one. All too often only 1 or 2 players last so I will take 5! :thumbsup:

After watching the Jacksonville game another surprise cut would be THIGPIN. Of course this would depend on other quarterback cuts around the league because Brown is not the answer and Smith is not going to be set up as our number two.

Cut Moats, the only real rookie starter form the draft class of 2010? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Roscoe would be a surprise, but the team did well without him and he can't last a season as starter.

Cutting Jasper would come as the shock of the century to some here.

Parrish

McGee

Sp. Johnson

Scott

I think Parrish makes most in that list so that should make him first to go. Especially given his lack of a finishe season w/o injury in the past. After that it goes down the line to Mcgee because he's older than dirt, and can't stay healthy either. I hope Johnson stays because he's looked like a beast this preseason a d Scott is just forgettable. I'd lobe to see Kelsey on this list at #1 I don't think it's gonna happen.

I don't see any of these guys getting cut.

Roscoe seems to have the best chance though. He's always injured, and hasn't been able to play this preseason. There are a lot of young guys eager to take his spot (Huggins?).

McGee could very well be our starting CB (should be IMO). He's not going anywhere.

Sp. Johnson has been absolutely awesome this preseason, and is vital depth on the D-line. Absolutely zero chance he gets cut.

Scott might be a possibility but I really doubt it. The bills like to use him in nickle packages to cover the TE. He is also a very solid backup to Wilson. Searcy hasn't shown much in the preseason that would make you think they could afford to cut Scott. Corto is great on special teams, he might make the team anyway.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Sorry, I had no idea this would get so long until I just fiished and looked at what I put down....

Little to no suprise

Shawn Nelson - I can't beleive he hasn't progressed by now. I was so looking forward to a TE with good hands once he learned to block, but it's very difficult to justify giving him more time

Heard

Jasper - the surprise could be that he's not invited to the Practice Squad if they like Heard better

Ruvell Martin

McCargo He continues to be invisible on the defense [i'm kidding!] :thumbsup:

Felton Huggins - Shows promise but the competition is all as good or is bigger and shows more promise (Aiken). He's the guy who gets the call late in the season to join the team from his couch if we have a rash of injuries.

Not much of a surprise

Buster Davis

Wang - not enough shown, and better to give others the roster spot. I know he's young. Thaty's why he's here instead of the list above

Mansfield Wrotto

Cordaro Howard

Kamar Aiken The kid is huge and starting to show flashes. He's already shown more than James Hardy ever did . If he's cut, the Bills will be lucky to get him to their PS IMO.

Surprise Cuts

Corey McIntyre - If Bills decide to go without a FB this year. I think they'd add another RB, at least to the PS in additiona to Jackson/Spiller/White. I'd love to see Joique Bell cut by the Saints and added by the Bills

Naaman Roosevelt - Great training camp, but injury, good performances by the competition, lack of roster spots and PS eligibility could make him the last Bill cut.

Antonio Coleman - in favor of giving the roster spot to Moats (I know one's playing inside, the other outside)

Arthur Moats - in favor of giving the roster spot to Coleman (I know one's playing inside, the other outside). He outplayed Coleman last year, but not this year so far.

Chris White They might think with his injury and lack of preseason film on him they can get him to the PS

Reggie Corner Maybe belongs in the section above. While he occasionally has a good play, I think he takes risks and is just not consistent enough, and is not going to develop much more. I think he's usually our weak link when on the field.

Shocking but possible

Geoff Hangartner

Thigpen I haven't been impressed, but he's coming in late. I think this is only a possibility if they like another QB out there, likely a veteran. no way is it Brad Smith or Levi Brown after Fitz on the depth chart

Searcy I think the kid gets more time and likely won't be exposed to waivers as a 4th round pick, but I haven't been impressed at all. I think his try at punt returns ahas been horrible and is another reason I would be shocked if Roscoe was let go. Okay, I'm moving Roscoe to the no way section...

David Nelson I think he's solid and the Bills really like him, but there's a hard cut coming at WR and I can't quite say this is impossible, though I'd think they'd sooner cut and try to PS Aiken and/or Roosevelt. One significant WR injury and I don't think any of these guys are on my list.

Kelsay Shocking because they just extended him, not shocking because of his (new high) salary and the progress of the other defenders.

Mentioned by others, but no way

Roscoe - I would be very very surprised if he was cut given what the coaches have said about him, but I can see the pressure from the other WRs to make the roster too. I can't quite say "no way" but it's close... Never mind. No way.

Bell - No way, unless he brings a gun to work and actually fires it.

McGee - A starting CB who is a natural playmaker. Are you crazy? I think he's our best DB in man coverage.

McKelvin - A starting CB who can be a playmaker at times. Are you crazy?

Torell Troup He's making good progress

Spencer Johnson I would have had him on my list of possible cuts at the start of training camp, but not now. He looks 10-20 lbs bigger and stronger to me, mostly around the chest, and looks like a great D-Line rotation guy.

Bryan Scott No way are our safeties only Wilson, Byrd, Searcy and Corto. If we had to, we'd lose Searcy or Crto, but I don't see that happening

Edited by Matt in KC

I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan Scott gets cut either. He's a liability in coverage and I think his presence will limit the development of Searcy. Wilson and Jairus are interchangeable and Corto is serviceable as a backup at Strong Safety. He also adds to Special Teams more than Scott.

Sorry, I had no idea this would get so long until I just fiished and looked at what I put down....

Little to no suprise

Shawn Nelson - I can't beleive he hasn't progressed by now. I was so looking forward to a TE with good hands once he learned to block, but it's very difficult to justify giving him more time

Heard

Jasper - the surprise could be that he's not invited to the Practice Squad if they like Heard better

Ruvell Martin

McCargo He continues to be invisible on the defense :thumbsup:

Felton Huggins - Shows promise but the competition is all as good or is bigger and shows more promise (Aiken). He's the guy who gets the call late in the season to join the team from his couch if we have a rash of injuries.

Not much of a surprise

Buster Davis

Wang - not enough shown, and better to give others the roster spot. I know he's young. Thaty's why he's here instead of the list above

Mansfield Wrotto

Cordaro Howard

Kamar Aiken The kid is huge and starting to show flashes. He's already shown more than James Hardy ever did . If he's cut, the Bills will be lucky to get him to their PS IMO.

Surprise Cuts

Corey McIntyre - If Bills decide to go without a FB this year. I think they'd add another RB, at least to the PS in additiona to Jackson/Spiller/White. I'd love to see Joique Bell cut by the Saints and added by the Bills

Naaman Roosevelt - Great training camp, but injury, good performances by the competition, lack of roster spots and PS eligibility could make him the last Bill cut.

Antonio Coleman - in favor of giving the roster spot to Moats (I know one's playing inside, the other outside)

Arthur Moats - in favor of giving the roster spot to Coleman (I know one's playing inside, the other outside). He outplayed Coleman last year, but not this year so far.

Chris White They might think with his injury and lack of preseason film on him they can get him to the PS

Reggie Corner Maybe belongs in the section above. While he occasionally has a good play, I think he takes risks and is just not consistent enough, and is not going to develop much more. I think he's usually our weak link when on the field.

Shocking but possible

Geoff Hangartner

Thigpen I haven't been impressed, but he's coming in late. I think this is only a possibility if they like another QB out there, likely a veteran. no way is it Brad Smith or Levi Brown after Fitz on the depth chart

Searcy I think the kid gets more time and likely won't be exposed to waivers as a 4th round pick, but I haven't been impressed at all. I think his try at punt returns ahas been horrible and is another reason I would be shocked if Roscoe was let go. Okay, I'm moving Roscoe to the no way section...

David Nelson I think he's solid and the Bills really like him, but there's a hard cut coming at WR and I can't quite say this is impossible, though I'd think they'd sooner cut and try to PS Aiken and/or Roosevelt. One significant WR injury and I don't think any of these guys are on my list.

Kelsay Shocking because they just extended him, not shocking because of his (new high) salary and the progress of the other defenders.

Mentioned by others, but no way

Roscoe - I would be very very surprised if he was cut given what the coaches have said about him, but I can see the pressure from the other WRs to make the roster too. I can't quite say "no way" but it's close... Never mind. No way.

Bell - No way, unless he brings a gun to work and actually fires it.

McGee - A starting CB who is a natural playmaker. Are you crazy? I think he's our best DB in man coverage.

McKelvin - A starting CB who can be a playmaker at times. Are you crazy?

Torell Troup He's making good progress

Spencer Johnson I would have had him on my list of possible cuts at the start of training camp, but not now. He looks 10-20 lbs bigger and stronger to me, mostly around the chest, and looks like a great D-Line rotation guy.

Bryan Scott No way are our safeties only Wilson, Byrd, Searcy and Corto. If we had to, we'd lose Searcy or Crto, but I don't see that happening

Mccargo signed with the bucs like two weeks ago

Moorman

He was average at best last year, and Chan put him on notice last year publicly

and then we would play the season without a punter, the rookie was already released

my pick: Wang - though not a real surprise

Big surprise: Thigpen, he just hasn't impressed