[closed]Maybe we could trade our 2nd Rd Pick

Stussy109

Just saying... I'm so happy we traded a #1 receiver for a 4th round pick to an AFC team. What has DOnald Jones shown besides some drops. If anyone believes the spin about being deep at receiver and getting the young guys on the field you're being fooled. By young they mean cheap, and by cheap, they mean he got traded right before his roster bonus was due. This team finds a way to get worse every year. Watch how stagnant our offense is this year, we have yet to sniff the endzone in preseason with the starters. T. mcGee said it best when he said that he practices against the guy 1 on 1 every day in practice, and it will be a big loss, buy he undserstands its a "business" decision, meaning, they wanted to save money.

Edited by Stussy109

Just saying... I'm so happy we traded a #1 receiver for a 4th round pick to an AFC team. What has DOnald Jones shown besides some drops. If anyone believes the spin about being deep at receiver and getting the young guys on the field you're being fooled. By young they mean cheap, and by cheap, they mean he got traded right before his roster bonus was due. This team finds a way to get worse every year. Watch how stagnant our offense is this year, we have yet to sniff the endzone in preseason with the starters. T. mcGee said it best when he said that he practices against the guy 1 on 1 every day in practice, and it will be a big loss, buy he undserstands its a "business" decision, meaning, they wanted to save money.

To me getting rid of Lee Evans is saying we have zero faith in Fitz because if you thought the Fitz could lead you anywhere you'd keep Evans and shore up the offensive line- so at best this is a place holding season where we get our QB of the future in next years draft at worse it's just who can we cut to save money.

Cheap. Hmmm...I guess that explains the fact that they signed Kyle Williams to a 6 year, $39 million extension and the fact that they're trying to lock up Stevie Johnson and, perhaps, Fitz. Sorry, but your "cheap" argument doesn't hold water this time. Take a deep breath and step away from the ledge. Cheap...there's an angle that hasn't been trotted out at every turn. Unfortunately for your case, it's simply not true for every situation. Prone to exaggeration and hysteria much?

Edited by ExWNYer

Who got traded before their roster bonus was due? Evans got traded a few days after his bonus was paid so I know it wasn't him. Seriously, I'd be interested in knowing who the Bills have done this to before. Not being a smartass, but given Overdorf's involvement I wouldn't be surprised.

GO BILLS!!!

<br />Just saying... I'm so happy we traded a #1 receiver for a 4th round pick to an AFC team. What has DOnald Jones shown besides some drops.  If anyone believes the spin about being deep at receiver and getting the young guys on the field you're being fooled. By young they mean cheap, and by cheap, they mean he got traded right before his roster bonus was due. This team finds a way to get worse every year. Watch how stagnant our offense is this year, we have yet to sniff the endzone in preseason with the starters.  T. mcGee said it best when he said that he practices against the guy 1 on 1 every day in practice, and it will be a big loss, buy he undserstands its a "business" decision, meaning, they wanted to save money.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

We do not have a QB that can throw the long ball well, Fitz's comfort is at the intermediate routes... Evans is a deep threat (a very good one) but running the intermediate routes is not his strong point, they do not go hand and hand. By the time we might have a complete QB, Evans will be in his mid 30s. While he has great ability he has not put up great numbers, which doesn't constitute high market value, regardless of the reason. OchoCinco isn't much older and much more productive went for 2 late round picks. Before Evans departure we claimed to be deep at receiver, so while we know the players know the coaches know we are most likely going to be a losing team so why not let them develop and we most likely will find a competent, young receiving corps for years to come.

It's done. Deal with it. You complaining about this again is just as dumb as the Bills trading Evans. They are deep at reciever. They have Jones, Nelson, Easley, and Roosevelt who silent have gotten on the field if Lee was still here. At some point we need to find out what we have in these young guys. Evans is getting old and wouldn't have been resigned at the end of his contract. Get over it. I'm guessing your all butt hurt like most cause you've got an Evans jersey and now you can't wear it.

Lee Evans did not participate in Ravens practice on Saturday, and was spotted wearing a protective boot on his left foot.

(link)

Why would any sane individual want to trade a 2nd round pick (i.e., a shot at OT Levy Adcock or QB Brandon Weeden) for an aging WR whose best season was 5 years ago and whose production has steadily declined since??? :wacko:

Edited by The Senator

Cheap. Hmmm...I guess that explains the fact that they signed Kyle Williams to a 6 year, $39 million extension and the fact that they're trying to lock up Stevie Johnson and, perhaps, Fitz. Sorry, but your "cheap" argument doesn't hold water this time. Take a deep breath and step away from the ledge. Cheap...there's an angle that hasn't been trotted out at every turn. Unfortunately for your case, it's simply not true for every situation. Prone to exaggeration and hysteria much?

So you're saying that the bills organization isn't cheap? The move partly had to do with money. Sure they want to extend the other guys, but they're still waaaay under the cap. They didn't have to trade Evans in order to resign them. Our team was BETTER with Evans than without him. We are now worse off this year. Disagree if you want. There's no way to prove it at this point, but we'll only have to wait a few weeks to come to the conclusion. I'm all for giving the young guys a shot...but only if you've given up on this season. I think we gave up a little too early. And it's mainly due too money.... Jmo

He has looked good in Baltimore running nothing but straight ahead. He is a one trick pony that will get lots of yards and look really good because of the makeup of there O. He would not do the same in the Bills Uni...they just dont have the same O. Bottom line he was not a CG guy! Has nothing to do with money.

Come now. They needed to save that $6M over the next 2 years (for a starting WR) so that they could sign Thigpen and Smith to those $4M/year deals, not to mention Williams' and Johnson's new deals. And still be some $15M under the cap.

It's done. Deal with it. You complaining about this again is just as dumb as the Bills trading Evans. They are deep at reciever. They have Jones, Nelson, Easley, and Roosevelt who silent have gotten on the field if Lee was still here. At some point we need to find out what we have in these young guys. Evans is getting old and wouldn't have been resigned at the end of his contract. Get over it. I'm guessing your all butt hurt like most cause you've got an Evans jersey and now you can't wear it.

I have only ever worn my Jerry Butler Jersey anyways