Cam Newton - lighting it up!

San-O

I know it'a preseason, however isn't it supposed to be easier to complete passes in preseason?

By my math, Newton is 21 of 52 through 3 games, which is approx. a 40 % completion percentage.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2011&seasonType=PRE&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Edited by SoCal-Surf

I know it'a preseason, however isn't it supposed to be easier to complete passes in preseason?

By my math, Newton is 21 of 52 through 3 games, which is approx. a 40 % completion percentage: YIKES!

:doh:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2011&seasonType=PRE&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Relax...you do remember there was a lockout right? Everything out of camp is that he is the real deal...I did not want to draft him personally, but they have said he has been impressive. Judging a rookie QB in his first 3 weeks of preseason is a bit premature normally and completely stupid in a year with no OTA's...

Relax...you do remember there was a lockout right? Everything out of camp is that he is the real deal...I did not want to draft him personally, but they have said he has been impressive. Judging a rookie QB in his first 3 weeks of preseason is a bit premature normally and completely stupid in a year with no OTA's...

Yeah, I'm not judging, just reporting. Or observing. Can u imagine what this board would be like if

two weeks before the season Buffalo's new 1st round pick (Newton) was throwing for 40 %?

One of the issues with him pre-draft was throwing accuracy, correct?

I'm sure he will improve, but 40 % is below the "Menzosa" line for NFL QB, 50 %.

By my math, Newton is 21 of 52 through 3 games, which is approx. a 40 % completion percentage: YIKES!

:doh:

Sorry..."YIKES" + :doh: = Judging

Yeah, I'm not judging, just reporting. Or observing. Can u imagine what this board would be like if

two weeks before the season Buffalo's new 1st round pick (Newton) was throwing for 40 %?

I'm sure he will improve, but 40 % is below the "Menzosa" line for NFL QB, 50 %.

its more like 60%

Accuracy really wasn't a big issue. It was ego and multiple reads, fairly exclusively.

I'll say he's a rook without any ota's.... I'll give him a few weeks before I compare him to longterm vets.

I don't know where the "menzosa" line for posts is, but I'm judging and you didn't clear it.

So why didn't you start a thread about a veteran QB completing only half his passes and no TD's? isn't he "lighting it up" also?

Because 52 > 50, which is what menzosa completed. Duh.

Ummm..... That would be "Mendoza"

I've watched every play he has been in on the NFL preseason video thing, and he looks to me like he's going to be a stud. He's better already than I thought he would be at this time. And he has had numerous bad throws. But he's going to be great. Stats are completely misleading, IMO, watching him play. He does some little things sliding in the pocket and looking downfield when he starts to run that most guys don't so in their 2-3 game. The Panthers line sucks horribly and he's rushed virtually every play. I have been been hugely impressed though, despite the stats. His TD today was a great run. It may not be this year, but he's going to be a huge star, I would bet anyone on it.

I've watched every play he has been in on the NFL preseason video thing, and he looks to me like he's going to be a stud. He's better already than I thought he would be at this time. And he has had numerous bad throws. But he's going to be great. Stats are completely misleading, IMO, watching him play. He does some little things sliding in the pocket and looking downfield when he starts to run that most guys don't so in their 2-3 game. The Panthers line sucks horribly and he's rushed virtually every play. I have been been hugely impressed though, despite the stats. His TD today was a great run. It may not be this year, but he's going to be a huge star, I would bet anyone on it.

+1

I would trade the last 10 Buffalo Bills first, first round picks for Cam Newton.

Do we have any of them left?

Edited by Why So Serious?