Predictions by game- 4-12

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm L 24-10

Buffalo can't handle the chiefs running attack

09/18 Oakland Raiders 1:00 pm W 17-13

Buffalo powers over the Raiders porous run defense behind steady Fred Jackson

09/25 New England Patriots 1:00 pm L- 33-7

Nuff Said

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm W- 27-14

Buffalo's Offense breaks out and the defense holds the Bengals to under 300 yards total offense

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 pm L- 30-3

Bills are outclassed and Fitzpatrick is sacked 6 times

10/16 @ New York Giants 1:00 pm L 24-10

Bills are outplayed by physical Gians team

10/23 Bye 1:00 pm

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) 4:05 pm L 10-7

Buffalo loses clunker in lifeless Rodgers Center

11/06 New York Jets 1:00 pm 27-7

Jets punish Bills with 200 yards rushing

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys 1:00 pm L 31-13

Cowboys Defense roughs up O-line

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm W 17-7

Almost unwatchable game needs a winner

11/27 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm L 21-17

Buffalo plays better and defense looks stouter

12/04 Tennessee Titans 1:00 pm L- 24-9

Chris Johnson looks good

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 pm L 31-10

Rivers lights up D for 3 tds

12/18 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm L 13-6

12/24 Denver Broncos 1:00 pm W 24-17

Hapless Bills fans looks at this game as sign of progress- most know better

1/01 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm L 38-3

Pats backups mop up Bills season

This seems spot on, including with all your summaries. It's so accurate that I can just picture the pain of watching that Skins/Bills game in Toronto.

That said, you're pretty much basing our performance off of our performance last year. I guarantee you that if we are successful at stopping the run (big IF, but so far looks very promising), this will be a dramatically different team.

Yeah, we will still get smoked by the Patriots. But suddenly we have 4 games against the Jets and Fins that are entirely winnable. Teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and Titans are all running teams; those games become winnable, as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these predictions never work out

There isn't much I like less than trying to make predictions based on perceived value of each team. Every year half a dozen teams rise up an half a dozen teams go into the tank. It's anyone guess who those teams will be.

Seems spot-on. The homers here won't like it, and you won't make many friends with these words, but we're a terrible team. Might as well come to that realization now rather than have your hopes and dreams shattered by week six. My guess is 1-5 against the division (splitting with Miami), splitting with the AFC West, and beating up on the Bengals. 6-10 at absolute best, 2-14 at absolute worst; another 4-12 season seems likely.

Ghost of leonidas? You should be stripped of that name.

What kind of Spartan admits defeat? Even against all odds and before the battle has begun.

Good thing you weren't at thermopylae or history would be screwed

Certainly 300 vs tens of thousands is a little more lip sided

than bills vs patriots

Mike Jasper will blot out the sun, so we will fight in the shade

Edited by Defend Greece

Ghost of leonidas? You should be stripped of that name.

What kind of Spartan admits defeat? Even against all odds and before the battle has begun.

Good thing you weren't at thermopylae or history would be screwed

Even Thucydides made predictions- come now. You cannot be a historian without weighing the evidence and making conclusions based upon it...!

Predictions by game- 4-12

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm L 24-10

Buffalo can't handle the chiefs running attack

09/18 Oakland Raiders 1:00 pm W 17-13

Buffalo powers over the Raiders porous run defense behind steady Fred Jackson

09/25 New England Patriots 1:00 pm L- 33-7

Nuff Said

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm W- 27-14

Buffalo's Offense breaks out and the defense holds the Bengals to under 300 yards total offense

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 pm L- 30-3

Bills are outclassed and Fitzpatrick is sacked 6 times

10/16 @ New York Giants 1:00 pm L 24-10

Bills are outplayed by physical Gians team

10/23 Bye 1:00 pm

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) 4:05 pm L 10-7

Buffalo loses clunker in lifeless Rodgers Center

11/06 New York Jets 1:00 pm 27-7

Jets punish Bills with 200 yards rushing

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys 1:00 pm L 31-13

Cowboys Defense roughs up O-line

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm W 17-7

Almost unwatchable game needs a winner

11/27 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm L 21-17

Buffalo plays better and defense looks stouter

12/04 Tennessee Titans 1:00 pm L- 24-9

Chris Johnson looks good

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 pm L 31-10

Rivers lights up D for 3 tds

12/18 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm L 13-6

12/24 Denver Broncos 1:00 pm W 24-17

Hapless Bills fans looks at this game as sign of progress- most know better

1/01 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm L 38-3

Pats backups mop up Bills season

We wont beat Denver or Miami sorry 2-14 at best

:thumbsup:

these predictions never work out

all i know is the team got dramatically better from the horrid start last season to being competitive with everybody, except at the very end when they had the busses running in the parking lots

now with a full season under their belts and some added talent, they should make the next leap to being an average team. thats not bad considering how far theyve come from last september

they will be a 8-8 team. with a couple bounces they could reach ten wins, which also means a possible six wins, but since luck eventually evens out over time i think the bills are due. thus im going with ten wins

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs W 17-14 (Charles will be neutralized for the most part, but will break one huge TD. Freddie has a good game)

09/18 Oakland Raiders W 24-17 (Fitz has a good game and gives the fans a huge sense of false optimism after the home opener)

09/25 New England Patriots L 49-13 (And there goes the optimism)

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals W 31-17 (Stevie J and Merriman have big games)

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles L 35-10 (Cannot stop Vick and Fitz has a miserable game)

10/16 @ New York Giants L 24-6 (An ugly one. Giants seem to always dominate us)

10/23 Bye

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) W 17-9 (Redskins suck. And without actual homefield advantage, it'll be closer than it should be)

11/06 New York Jets L 24-10 (Sanchez and Greene both have good games)

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys L 34-21 (This will be an ugly defensive effort)

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins L 21-17 (Miami wins on a late TD)

11/27 @ New York Jets L 14-3 (Pathetic offensive display)

12/04 Tennessee Titans W 27-24 (CJ shreds us but Freddie has a monster game)

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers L 38-14 (Rivers. Bills secondary. Enough said)

12/18 Miami Dolphins W 17-13 (I refuse to say we'll get swept by the hapless phins)

12/24 Denver Broncos W 21-20 (We won't be playing pure base defense. Denver isn't a great team)

1/01 @ New England Patriots L 35-20 (New England never eases up. Ever)

7-9. Another year without the playoffs and we eliminate ourselves from the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

@KC L 17-14

OAK W 24-13

NE L 35-10

@CIN W 27-9

PHI L 31-17

@NYG L 28-24

WAS W 23-12

NYJ L 31-21

@DAL W 20-17 (in OT, why not?)

@MIA W 21-7

@NYJ L 24-17

TEN W 31-20

@SD L 41-24

MIA W 28-15

DEN W 30-17

@NE L 31-13

8-8. My surprise win would be beating Dallas on the road, but besides that I feel it was pretty realistic.

Ok, although this is pointless, I'd still like to lay.. LOL

@ KC- W **KC is much improved but you can run against them**

Oak- W **We win here as well, oour WR tear it up***

NE- L **Lose, but with two games under our belt anything could happen**

@ Cinci- W **Cincy oh poor Cincy**

Philly- W **As the optimist that I am I'm going to call this close one in our favor**

NYG- W **Giants are hurting, and their running backs will not be able to push through our defensive line**

WASH- W **We win here as well**

Jets- L - **We lose this close one**

@ Dal- W **Pissed off at the overtime loss to the jets we beat up on Romo**

@ MIa- W **Miami making strides, but Henne will be gun shy at this point from being beaten up by defensive tackles that our guys will scare the bejesus out of him**

@ Jets- W- **Gailey figures out that the way to beat the Jets is man-to-man in the secondary and blitz the living hell out of Sanchez**

Titans- L **We lose this one as our D-line is tired and beaten from the previous week**

@SD- L **SD destroys through the air, wake up call for the secondary**

Mia- W **At home we win in the snow**

Den- W **Orten over-rated, our team wants pay back for Jones**

@NE- L **Depends here, if NE is 14 - 1 we might get their second team, and if so we win this one, but if not, we lose**

Just my initial meaningless thoughts.. :)

Tim-

Agree on 4 and 12 just don't know how the wins and losses will be distributed.

Of the 4 wins 2 will be very close games won by a last second FG

One will be a convincing win over a poor team

The other will be near end of season when a playoff bound opponent rests their starters.

Of the 12 losses, 8 will be solid drubbings.

2 will be poorly played close games against other weak teams where neither deserved to win.

2 will be heartbreaking losses to elite teams where the bills appeared to have outplayed them for 58 minutes and lost in the final seconds on some epic blunder (mckelvin return fumble, Johnson TD drop, etc)

Sorry but we've seen this script before

Unfortunately I can see this happening. I've always been overly optimistic about the Bills' chances too. If we sign some offensive linemen, I'm sure my homerism will come back.

Ok, although this is pointless, I'd still like to lay.. LOL

@ KC- W **KC is much improved but you can run against them**

Oak- W **We win here as well, oour WR tear it up***

NE- L **Lose, but with two games under our belt anything could happen**

@ Cinci- W **Cincy oh poor Cincy**

Philly- W **As the optimist that I am I'm going to call this close one in our favor**

NYG- W **Giants are hurting, and their running backs will not be able to push through our defensive line**

WASH- W **We win here as well**

Jets- L - **We lose this close one**

@ Dal- W **Pissed off at the overtime loss to the jets we beat up on Romo**

@ MIa- W **Miami making strides, but Henne will be gun shy at this point from being beaten up by defensive tackles that our guys will scare the bejesus out of him**

@ Jets- W- **Gailey figures out that the way to beat the Jets is man-to-man in the secondary and blitz the living hell out of Sanchez**

Titans- L **We lose this one as our D-line is tired and beaten from the previous week**

@SD- L **SD destroys through the air, wake up call for the secondary**

Mia- W **At home we win in the snow**

Den- W **Orten over-rated, our team wants pay back for Jones**

@NE- L **Depends here, if NE is 14 - 1 we might get their second team, and if so we win this one, but if not, we lose**

Just my initial meaningless thoughts.. :)

Tim-

I wish this could be possible, and if it turns out to be, I'd buy you a 12 pack or 3 or 4...

I really don't see us winning 11 games. I would love to see it, but too much hangs in the balance when it comes to potential injuries and the offensive line. We're one or two injuries away from being our old (lack of) run defense, and Fitz can't throw if he's not upright.

I could see some of these games being closer than what a lot of people here predict, but I just don't see us being THAT good

Even Thucydides made predictions- come now. You cannot be a historian without weighing the evidence and making conclusions based upon it...!

Sensible historians weigh the evidence to make conclusions about the past, and are very humble when it comes to attempting predictions, precisely because they appreciate the power of contingency in history.

I stopped at "can't handle Chiefs running attack". Meh.

While the Chiefs gained 274 yards on the ground in the game last year, that was against the 2010 defense in overtime, without Dareus, Merriman, Barnett, Davis, and now Morrison.

Also in preseason, for what it's worth, the defense has been good against the run in both games.

I won't make a prediction until I see the final roster, September 10. Lots of cuts and two preseason games yet to be played.

Edited by dpberr

wins

k.c I don't see how they are better then the bills

oakland a mess

denver a mess

tenn poor d , old qb

cincy probably the worst team in the nfl

miami twice imo miami is going to have a very bad season

washington Looks to me that they are all in on the luck sweepstakes

ny giants o line problems , cb are mess , linebackers are week,

that gets then to 9 , if the pats have everything wrapped up 10 wins is not out of the question

I wish this could be possible, and if it turns out to be, I'd buy you a 12 pack or 3 or 4...

I really don't see us winning 11 games. I would love to see it, but too much hangs in the balance when it comes to potential injuries and the offensive line. We're one or two injuries away from being our old (lack of) run defense, and Fitz can't throw if he's not upright.

I could see some of these games being closer than what a lot of people here predict, but I just don't see us being THAT good

Hehehe, me either 11 games would be awesome, but it's fun to play anyway, right? :)

Tim-

If Merriman, Dareus, the OL and the WRs stay healthy... I say something like 8-8.

In reality, when at least half of the above have health issues... 3-13.

In REAL REAL Reality, when all of the above have issues and Fitzpatrick has his beard ripped off 0-25 (yes, we'll get charged two losses for how badly we'll play in some games ;))

While the Chiefs gained 274 yards on the ground in the game last year, that was against the 2010 defense in overtime, without Dareus, Merriman, Barnett, Davis, and now Morrison.

They'll all be on the IR by the end of the first quarter. :bag:

Edited by Dorkington

We wont beat Denver or Miami sorry 2-14 at best

You are a real nostradomASS!

Just a harmless analysis based on our roster, opponents teams, and 30+ years of watching this team. It seems totally improbable that this team can reach the 9-7 record a few of you are predicting.

Well at least some of us still BILLieve!