Ruvell Martin (WR)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY IN THE :censored: IS THE #83 STILL BEING GIVEN OUT?! Seriously Lee came in close enough where I can see him getting #83, but this is ridiculous. We havent seen #12, #78, or #34.... would we be giving #12 out to a 3rd string journeyman? Retire the number, its only one number, and receivers can use 11-19 too so dont tell me they can only use 80's

WHY IN THE :censored: IS THE #83 STILL BEING GIVEN OUT?! Seriously Lee came in close enough where I can see him getting #83, but this is ridiculous. We havent seen #12, #78, or #34.... would we be giving #12 out to a 3rd string journeyman? Retire the number, its only one number, and receivers can use 11-19 too so dont tell me they can only use 80's

You're right about the number. The only available numbers for him @ WR are 12 and 83. So there's that.

And they're signing him so that the guys they want to use during the season don't get blown up or injured doing too many reps in practice/pre-season games.

Edited by LynchMob23

I guess I don't get the hate. Camp signings tend to be "oh we are getting short on bodies, don't want a WR pulling a hammy, let's give some reps to fresh legs." anything more is just lagniappe.

I don't get it either; Chan expressly said they'd bring in more bodies at WR. They need more guys to play these preseason games. If Martin turns out to be good, it will be a pleasant surprise.

During the preseason it's fairly common for all the number to be handed out to the camp bodies. Sometimes there's such a logjam that more than one player has the same number. It's wildly different for the regular season. If the scrub makes the team, his number would be re-assigned.

This pretty much says it all. Everyone outside of Western NY can see it but we are still in denial. Don't get me wrong. The Bills are my team and I defend them to the end but even I have to be realistic. I'm done whining about it. There is a reason why we get no respect nationally and in the media.

Ruvell Martin - WR - Bills

Bills signed WR Ruvell Martin, formerly of the Seahawks.

The Bills just lost both Donald Jones (head) and Naaman Roosevelt (ankle) for the preseason's duration. The 29-year-old Martin caught seven passes for 158 yards in Seattle last year. He's a fifth receiver-caliber player, which makes him a candidate for significant playing time with Buffalo.

Edited by PDaDdy