Ralph Wilson

I attended the last day of camp last Thursday at SJF. I've been to camp many times over the years and a common sight was Ralph often watching practice from the shade of his golf cart. Was he at camp one day this year? I can't remember the last time he made a public statement. He's just two months shy of 93 and I worry for his health and how that will impact the future of the club.

The Vick flack would have brought the Ralph of old down from Detroit to rail at the commissioner. His donation to the HOF would have caused a younger Ralph to soak in the adoration in person instead of just issuing a press release.

I think the last time I saw him was when he posed with Dareus after the draft and he really looked as if his age had caught up with him.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any insight into his current health and is he still active in the running of the team? If not, who is calling the shots at the top?

I attended the last day of camp last Thursday at SJF. I've been to camp many times over the years and a common sight was Ralph often watching practice from the shade of his golf cart. Was he at camp one day this year? I can't remember the last time he made a public statement. He's just two months shy of 93 and I worry for his health and how that will impact the future of the club.

The Vick flack would have brought the Ralph of old down from Detroit to rail at the commissioner. His donation to the HOF would have caused a younger Ralph to soak in the adoration in person instead of just issuing a press release.

I think the last time I saw him was when he posed with Dareus after the draft and he really looked as if his age had caught up with him.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any insight into his current health and is he still active in the running of the team? If not, who is calling the shots at the top?

Dude, point blank. Ralph hasnt made decisions in a long time. Hes 93 fu**ing years old. He is a great individual, and if not for him then there would be no kc chiefs or raiders. He borrowed them money days before they went belly up to help the afl. And everyone calls him cheap. He isint what he used to be, for christ sakes who is at 93. God bless the Ralph!

Dude, point blank. Ralph hasnt made decisions in a long time. Hes 93 fu**ing years old. He is a great individual, and if not for him then there would be no kc chiefs or raiders. He borrowed them money days before they went belly up to help the afl. And everyone calls him cheap. He isint what he used to be, for christ sakes who is at 93. God bless the Ralph!

Boston/New England Patriots and Raiders, not Chiefs.

If I'm not mistaken the last thing I heard from RW was that he stated that if he made to the breakfast table in the morning it was a good day.

Over the past several years Ralph's health has deteriorated...

During the infamous Carolina Panthers vs. Bills game at the Ralph...(whoever lost this game would go on to draft Julius Peppers)...Ralph was proped up by a few people, because he had issues walking...

During his HOF day, reporters were baffeled by some of his answers...

The past few years...Ralph has been using a walker around OBD...it can be seen when Dareus is introduced to Ralph in his office!

There have been no reports of Ralph at this years training camp..

Sadly, I'm not Nostradamus...but, I don't see Ralph being our owner after 2013 :(

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Overdorf Needs to be shot for trading Evans, he should have no involvement whatsoever in personnel decisions. Im so sick of money making decisions that I'm ready to go postal. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Get a grip. It's a game.

The RW era may end with the Bills in the midst of one of the darkest periods in their history. We can only hope that a new ownership group comes forward in the near future and brings this team back to prominence.

I was a fan through the OJ years, the Chuck Knox years, and of course the Kelly years(the only good years outside of the mid 60's which I was too little to remember), and I'd love to see even 1 season of exciting football reminiscent of those years.

What a sad franchise this has become. Davis, Wilson & Brown are by far the worst owners in football and this is reflected by the teams they put on the field.

Edited by LabattBlue

Overdorf Needs to be shot for trading Evans, he should have no involvement whatsoever in personnel decisions. Im so sick of money making decisions that I'm ready to go postal. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Overdorf was hired to do what he's told. Even if it's a vague intimation without names of specific players being mentioned (which I seriously doubt).

If you think Ralph isn't still meddling with the team, no matter what his physical health is, you're sorely mistaken.

What a sad franchise this has become. Davis, Wilson & Brown are by far the worst owners in football and this is reflected by the teams they put on the field.

In all fairness, Raiders were in the playoff hunt last year, and may sneak in this year. Granted they don't play Jets, NE & Miami, they have a more positive vibe for this season.

Look at it from the owners' levels of incompetence.

Al Davis never trusts the front office & coaches, and runs the personnel from behind the scenes. But his failing is meddling too much and adding many pieces to a jigsaw puzzle that don't really fit.

Ralph Wilson never trusts anyone outside the Detroit circle & coaches, but in the structure he put in place, there is no final authority and accountability for personnel decisions. Even though he's accused of meddling too much, the failing is that there's no plan at all, let alone finding the right pieces to a jigsaw puzzle.

Bottom line is that Raiders have a higher probability to win, because after the crazy machinations, Davis may stumble upon a winning mix. Bills have almost zero chance, because they take the minimum required approach to field an NFL team.

Ralph Wilson never trusts anyone outside the Detroit circle & coaches, but in the structure he put in place, there is no final authority and accountability for personnel decisions. Even though he's accused of meddling too much, the failing is that there's no plan at all, let alone finding the right pieces to a jigsaw puzzle.

Bottom line is that Raiders have a higher probability to win, because after the crazy machinations, Davis may stumble upon a winning mix. Bills have almost zero chance, because they take the minimum required approach to field an NFL team.

It really is sad. :cry:

Overdorf was hired to do what he's told. Even if it's a vague intimation without names of specific players being mentioned (which I seriously doubt).

If you think Ralph isn't still meddling with the team, no matter what his physical health is, you're sorely mistaken.

i agree except overdorf (and gailey and nix) know that they're being used to defraud fans but remain. they share some responsibility.

I remember all the ball washing that was going on here at the time Ralph was enshrined in the HoF. It was a joke then, and still is.

He has no place in the HoF and I don't care that he loaned some team a few thousand bucks to help them out when times were tough 50 years ago.

The sooner the Bills have a new owner the better!

Do you think it's possible that Overdorf is doing what he wants and Ralph has no idea? Is AEG secretly paying Overdorf to scuttle the Bills so ticket sales tank, thus paving the way to L.A.? It happened once with the Buffalo Braves.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Do you think it's possible that Overdorf is doing what he wants and Ralph has no idea? Is AEG secretly paying Overdorf to scuttle the Bills so ticket sales tank, thus paving the way to L.A.? It happened once with the Buffalo Braves.

PTR

What you're suggesting is on the wrong side of legal, IMO.

PTR

They aren't going to LA. They're going to Toronto. Ever wonder why Rogers paid such a high pricetag for those Bills games? By moving some Bills games to Toronto, it technically makes Toronto part of the Bills market now. Therefore, when someone from Toronto (Rogers) buys the team, they don't have to pay the 1 billion dollar team relocation fee. The amount of money they are losing on the Bills in Toronto package is a lot cheaper than paying the relocation fee.

They aren't going to LA. They're going to Toronto. Ever wonder why Rogers paid such a high pricetag for those Bills games? By moving some Bills games to Toronto, it technically makes Toronto part of the Bills market now. Therefore, when someone from Toronto (Rogers) buys the team, they don't have to pay the 1 billion dollar team relocation fee. The amount of money they are losing on the Bills in Toronto package is a lot cheaper than paying the relocation fee.

Thank you Mr. Moran for the scoop. Bills move to Toronto. Will they stop our moving vans at the border?? <_<

The Rogers company is just as cheap as Ralph when it comes to spending money on quality. Sure, they'll toss crazy amount of money to get the Bills, but we'll see the exact same product on the field with a terrible fan base in Toronto.

Take a look at the Toronto Blue Jays. One of the biggest markets in baseball, but they refuse to spend money on good players, and every year come up with a mediocre record. And don't be fooled, the Rogers company is FILTHY rich.

If we ever move to Toronto, it will be a sad, sad day.