Ticket Sales

Trader

I expect that just prior to the regular season starting we will hear for Bills management that ticket sales have reached a critical low level and that many games are in danger of a blackout. I also expect that such message will be accompanied by implied negative consequenses of continued weak sales.

I expect that just prior to the regular season starting we will hear for Bills management that ticket sales have reached a critical low level and that many games are in danger of a blackout. I also expect that such message will be accompanied by implied negative consequenses of continued weak sales.

Last week, Brandon said the first three games ticket sales were brisk. They will likely be sellouts, IMO. The last four right now I think have to be weak sales. They will very likely depend entirely on the quality of product they put on the field right before those games.

I have tickets to the home opener, and that's probably the only game I will attend. That's the one game that will be a guaranteed sell out with a feeling that the Bills still have something to play for. Bills fans are extremely loyal every year despite the poor economy and small market, and yet, the organization is still not serious about winning.

They don't deserve our support. Ralph should be thankful for every sell out. He sure as hell doesn't deserve it.

Edited by miserable_fan

Ticket sales are not going well. I have received several call inquiring as to why I am not renewing my season tickets. I bought individual game tickets at training camp and the ticket rep pretty said they are disappointed by ticket sales. I am afraid for the teams future. I know if the team wins fans will show up, but god only knows when that will happen.

ST sales dropped 20% last year off 2009 numbers and I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10-15% drop in 2011. If memory serves, they didn't announce final ST sales until late into the regular season last year, as opposed to 2008 and 2009 when they quickly announced sales were in the 55k area.

The fans have lost the last smidgen of patience they had. If there seriously is a plan in place (build through the draft, no splashy signings, marginal free agent signings etc..), it's probably several years too late.

There is no doubt that the first few games will sell out. Bills fans will always do that. After that, it all depends how the team starts. If we're 2-0, you can bet your ass they will sell a bunch of tickets and the fears about the Oline, lack of signings etc will quickly be forgotten. Conversely, if we're 0-2, you can guess what will happen with ticket sales.

Ticket sales are pretty bad throughout the league. The Raiders actually did buy one get one free for both the Jets and Pats games. I think the Jets is even their opener.....The Chiefs are selling $25 tickets..........I'm afraid that the Colin Cowherds and Bill Simmons of the world who keep saying how much better the TV experience is have been very influential.

It'll be fun watching the games on TV in ten years in front of empty stadiums. (And, the Bills chipping away and chipping away at the fun of going to the games doesn't help).

If the fans here at TBD can pool our money and sign an OT with a pulse do you think the Bills would give us one of their empty luxury boxes in exchange for him putting in some hours for the Bills 8 sundays this fall?

I have a source deep within Groupon (actually just a college buddy I met up with alst month when I was in Chicago). He was telling me that they [Groupon} have been working with different NFL teams to work on selling tickets, and he mentioned one of the teams was Buffalo.

Look for good deals to be on Groupon lol.

PS If anyone could tell me exactly where the blackout line ends that would be sweet. I am on the east side of Roch and wouldnt mind heading east or South a few miles to catch the game at some bar.

Being a Bills fan and season ticket holder...there is a fine line between loyalty and stupidity. :blush:

I have been thinking that after the team goes 3-13 this year, fans should boycott season ticket sales next year.

Ralph stopped trying 2 seasons ago. Why pay him for an inferior product?

If this horror show wants to leave, eff 'em. :bag:

The Bills are like $30 million under the cap and very low on talent. One of the few talented players just got traded in what might be a cost-saving measure. It's hard to blame anyone for voting with their wallet. If Ralph won't spend money on this team, why should we?

I have a source deep within Groupon (actually just a college buddy I met up with alst month when I was in Chicago). He was telling me that they [Groupon} have been working with different NFL teams to work on selling tickets, and he mentioned one of the teams was Buffalo.

Look for good deals to be on Groupon lol.

PS If anyone could tell me exactly where the blackout line ends that would be sweet. I am on the east side of Roch and wouldnt mind heading east or South a few miles to catch the game at some bar.

Not sure about south, but everything in the Syracuse market is blacked out to your East when the Bills don't sell out.

Prior to CBS taking over the AFC, the dividing line was the Monroe County / Wayne County border.

The Bills are like $30 million under the cap and very low on talent. One of the few talented players just got traded in what might be a cost-saving measure. It's hard to blame anyone for voting with their wallet. If Ralph won't spend money on this team, why should we?

I generally agree, and we're looking at best 4 sell-outs this year (3+Toronto), but trading Lee Evans isn't a cost cutting measure. His salary (after the roster bonus this year) is literally less than the Bears are paying their punter. We're talking like 3 million bucks, so I wouldn't sweat it.

You can never really gauge the feeling of the fan base just by reading this forum. Everyone on here is more rabid & intense than the average fan and the feelings of disgust or impatience seem to be magnified on here. That said, from social media, to tv and radio, to everyone I talk to, the patience seems to be gone. It just seems like there is a prevalent burned out feeling when it comes to talking about the Bills. It used to take until after Thanksgiving for indifference toward the team to set in, now it seems like it has already started. It's like the battered wife is finally deciding to call the cops.

You're all right, but tickets sales (or lack there of) always scares me a bit. I know that the chances of the Bills moving is not really a threat, but I never want to give people outside the organization a reason to think we're an option to move. So, blame me for the Bills' cheapness, but I'll pay for tickets/merchandise regardless.