Jackson upset is not good

26TrapDraw

We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play. The NFL is full of broken hearts. Suck it up and do what you're asked.

PTR

So Tim Tebow or Brady Quinn should start above Kyle Orton for the Broncos. We should've started Aaron Maybin. Just because they were first round picks? You're delirious boy.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone needs to take a step back from all of the "who started over whom" stuff that's going on right now. I firmly believe that--by the time week 1 of the regular season rolls around--Jackson will be the primary ball carrier, Levitre will be starting at one of the guard spots, Reggie Torbor will be replaced as a nickel linebacker, and overall the best 11 guys will play on each side of the ball.

Until that time, let's all try to keep our sanity and not over-react.

So Tim Tebow or Brady Quinn should start above Kyle Orton for the Broncos. We should've started Aaron Maybin. Just because they were first round picks? You're delirious boy.

At some point, most will get a shot to sink or swim. Doesn't mean they get 10 years but an overwhelming majority will be thrown in the fire just to see.

I love how we've turned what could be as little as Freddie having a bad mood and cj getting some first team reps with him into "fred is furious, probably about to get traded and chan/nix don't know what they are doing handing the job over trying to justify their huge obvious bust of a pick. Our franchise is doooooomed."

Would you guys listen to yourselves?

Tim Graham states that the first team RB position is CJ's to lose and everyone including Fred assumes that Graham is also saying that Fred is therefore a second stringer.

Fred Jackson then jumps the gun and goes public with a statement about not being respected.

After practice, Gailey is caught completed off guard with questions about Jackson not feeling respected. He said CJ and Fred are both #1's. He also said that Fred was a bit ahead of CJ. He clearly was not putting CJ ahead of Jackson on the depth chart and Tim Graham's comments were off the mark.

Now, I come into this forum this morning and you guys are still going on over something that never happened.

At some point, most will get a shot to sink or swim. Doesn't mean they get 10 years but an overwhelming majority will be thrown in the fire just to see.

I love how we've turned what could be as little as Freddie having a bad mood and cj getting some first team reps with him into "fred is furious, probably about to get traded and chan/nix don't know what they are doing handing the job over trying to justify their huge obvious bust of a pick. Our franchise is doooooomed."

Fred has consistently been our best offensive weapon and it's not even close. Here in the NFL, you actually have to EARN your playing time and nothing should be handed to you. What's Spiller done? He's done absolutely NOTHING.

Off 8 carries he's averaging a whopping 1.6 yards per carry. Way to earn that starting position.

From what I've seen, Spiller has shown nothing since being drafted. If the goal here is to force him to learn on-the-job by throwing him to the wolves while the best RB sits on the bench, that's fine. But then let's call a spade a spade and understand the 2011 season is only about player development and not about winning football games. A lot of teams are able to accomplish both at the same time, but evidently not the Bills.

I'm starting to believe the 2011 goal at OBD is to get the #1 pick for Andrew Luck.

Careful...you are treading on thin ice. There is a growing legion of Bills fans who seem to be bigger fans of the Bills making thrifty, cost-cutting moves, than they are of watching a good football team. If you don't see things their way, you are not "true fan" and should just go away..after all, we should be happy to have a team, period. :rolleyes:

LOL!! This is true, and the fact that people support this team poor decison making, further let you know that some fans are content with bull****..

From what I've seen, Spiller has shown nothing since being drafted. If the goal here is to force him to learn on-the-job by throwing him to the wolves while the best RB sits on the bench, that's fine. But then let's call a spade a spade and understand the 2011 season is only about player development and not about winning football games. A lot of teams are able to accomplish both at the same time, but evidently not the Bills.

I'm starting to believe the 2011 goal at OBD is to get the #1 pick for Andrew Luck.

I think it's not fine

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

I totally agree. I don't dislike Spiller, but what could he have done in a couple weeks to move up to the #1 back, after being pretty much lost last year, and probably the drafts biggest disappointment in 2010. He couldn't block, couldn't run inside, etc. My only guess is this front office and coaching staff that seem to be more lost as every day goes by, are just trying to justify wasting the #9 pick in the draft on him, kinda like the 49ers have been doing for about 5-6 years now with Alex Smith. I had hopes for this new regime, but as time goes by, it is becoming clear it is just more of the same clueless, penny pinching idiocracy.

I don't get this logic. By that rationale Maybin should have been starting last year.

Comparing CJ to Maybin in any way is your first mistake.

Would you guys listen to yourselves?

Tim Graham states that the first team RB position is CJ's to lose and everyone including Fred assumes that Graham is also saying that Fred is therefore a second stringer.

Fred Jackson then jumps the gun and goes public with a statement about not being respected.

After practice, Gailey is caught completed off guard with questions about Jackson not feeling respected. He said CJ and Fred are both #1's. He also said that Fred was a bit ahead of CJ. He clearly was not putting CJ ahead of Jackson on the depth chart and Tim Graham's comments were off the mark.

Now, I come into this forum this morning and you guys are still going on over something that never happened.

well said. There must not be any good reality shows on TV. Im sure Bills Nation would love to see Snookie start in place of Kelsay.

Edited by marsadale

Ok, Gailey needs to be careful with this situation. Fred Jackson without a doubt should be the number 1 running back on this team. The guy does everything well, runs hard between the tackles catches out of the backfield stays in and throws great blocks in the backfield etc. I read tonight that he doesn't know where he stands on this team. Really? Gailey needs to understand that Spiller is not a pound between the tackles kind of running back. If used correctly they can pack a great one two punch. Gailey needs to do some damage control. Fred Jackson is one of the most consisent if not best offensive player we have. Just Sayin

No worries. FReddie is at his best with a chip on his shoulder. If he gets mad it'll bump up his YPC a half yard...

No worries. FReddie is at his best with a chip on his shoulder. If he gets mad it'll bump up his YPC a half yard...

That might be true, but if they start Spiller, then by the time Jackson gets in the game we will be down by 3 or 4 touchdowns and will be forced to pass the ball. Not saying that we won't be down that much if Jackson started either, but at least at the opening of the game you can run the ball-since when the game starts it is tied at 0-0.

Chix did not pick Maybin, they did pick Spiller (and as their first pick to boot) so if you think of Promos statement as coming out of Buddy Nix's mouth it makes sense.

"We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play."

Their first ever pick, and a first round running back, who does nothing but collect splinters in his ass from riding the bench makes Chix look bad.

I think there is something to that if you want the cynical take. Otherwise you want to see what your #1 can do.

I don't think Spiller has been as big a disappointment as Maybin, Quinn or Tebow. He shows flashes of talent. Often times its a poor decision on field that keeps him from breaking one big. So if CJ has to learn the game, he isn't going to learn it from the bench.

Everyone is acting like Freddie's been benched. Spiller is just getting a few more reps in preseason.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You've got it right.

If Fred had been a 1st round pick there wouldn't be any question on who should be considered our #1 back this year.

If Fred was a first round pick, most of this board would be running him out of town for his 1,000 yard seasons, much like was done to Henry, McGahee, and Lynch.

Fred's a good back. But the reason he gets so much love from here is mainly because he's a UDFA.

Jackson thinking he doesnt have to compete for his job is what bothered me the most. The Bills dont have anyone that doesnt need to compete for their job especially when the other guy is a number 1 pick.

There isnt anything wrong with starting Spiller in a preseason game to see what he can do with the first unit.

Jackson needs to shutup and play

We picked CJ first round. He's gotta play. The NFL is full of broken hearts. Suck it up and do what you're asked.

PTR

You know that would be a great argument if CJ Spiller COULD PLAY RUNNING BACK!!!! Jackson has every right to be pissed off.

Jackson is the one being ridiculous here. Amplified by Bucky Gleason, who LOoooves this sort of thing. Nothing seems to make Bucky happier than to take a small story, make it huge, and hope that it affects the team in such a way that it makes his coverage of it appear revelatory and insightful in hindsight. Bucky thinks that this is his job. It's not. Bucky should try to model his career after Paul Hamilton, a true pro. Bucky tends to act like a pissed off fan who snuck into a reporter's job.

If Fred was a first round pick, most of this board would be running him out of town for his 1,000 yard seasons, much like was done to Henry, McGahee, and Lynch.

Fred's a good back. But the reason he gets so much love from here is mainly because he's a UDFA.

This. It's apparent that the "Legend" of Fred Jackson is bigger than the player himself.

Reading some of the rants here about how "disrespected" he is (so much disrespect that they dumped Marshawn Lynch for him), it seems like many believe that Fred is the second coming of Jim Brown.

To me, he's an average RB and his numbers reflect that. His red zone numbers are downright pedestrian. He's a good grinder but the type of RB that is "franchise"? No, he is not.

What is not discussed is the manner that Gailey elevated Spiller to the starting line up. It certainly looks like Fred got wind of it like the fans did.

You can use whatever logic you want in rationalizing the irrational move to move Spiller to No. 1. But the way it was handled was amateurish. Your starting players need to know where they stand.

So take Lee's trade, Levitre's merry go round, and Freddie's demotion, one more inexplicable move and Chan can say good bye to that locker room and Bills be on track to challenge Detroit for THAT record.

.... and Andrew Luck enrolls in graduate school.