What's the deal with shawn nelson

I fully admit that I do not know any of the circumstances concerning shawn nelsons perpetual absence. However, it has to raise questions about his health and more importantly his desire to compete. This guy is never on the field and has had zero impact. Do we cut ties with him now or keep waiting on him to be "ready"?

I'm still kind of annoyed at Nelson for his game-losing fumble against Baltimore last year.

Instead of holding onto the ball with both hands as defenders were pawing at the ball, it looked like he was gesturing to the official to blow the whistle or throw a flag… he waved his right hand in the air while he was under tackle.

It didn't look to me like he had his right arm torn off the ball. My theory is that he thought the whistle should have been blown and that he was demonstratively complaining to the refs even thought the play was still live.

A real football player with football instincts would have eaten the ball… just turtled over it with both hands.

I'm still kind of annoyed at Nelson for his game-losing fumble against Baltimore last year.

Instead of holding onto the ball with both hands as defenders were pawing at the ball, it looked like he was gesturing to the official to blow the whistle or throw a flag… he waved his right hand in the air while he was under tackle.

It didn't look to me like he had his right arm torn off the ball. My theory is that he thought the whistle should have been blown and that he was demonstratively complaining to the refs even thought the play was still live.

A real football player with football instincts would have eaten the ball… just turtled over it with both hands.

That fumble, along with Stevie's drop, helped us land Dareus! Hand him and Spiller starting jobs this year and welcome Andrew Luck to the fold next April.

Agreed. That pissed me off. The play should've been blown dead due forward progress, but to complain before the whistle blows in overtime with 5 ravens (inc ray lewis) grabbing at you, is just about the dumbest thing he could've done. And he did it. I was hoping he was the answer at TE. I was happy to see he added a lot more weight and thought he could've improved as a blocker. He may be a good player in the future (if he's ever healthy), but it's unlikely it will be as a buffalo bill. I think he get cut.

I fully admit that I do not know any of the circumstances concerning shawn nelsons perpetual absence. However, it has to raise questions about his health and more importantly his desire to compete. This guy is never on the field and has had zero impact. Do we cut ties with him now or keep waiting on him to be "ready"?

Cut

He can't get on the field and when he does he has trouble showing his skills. Those migraines suck but I believe they're a thing form the past, I believe he has a leg injury or something. I'm watining to see if that added weight really helped him.

I really don't like Martin but if he doens't suit up he won't be able to really compete for a roster spot.