Tim Tebow for sale?

Why exactly did Denver sour on him so quickly?

Because of Tebow's long windup, Merrill Hoge pointed out he needs lots of time and protection to make tnrows. Something that doesn't exist in Buffalo, making us the worst team for Tebow to play for.

PTR

Tebow's slow release and questionable accuracy are not his biggest issues.

According to Mike Silver's Yahoo article where he extensively quotes members of the Broncos organization, Tebow's biggest problem is

"For all the talk about Tebow's need to improve his mechanics, Broncos sources say his lack of familiarity with running a pro-style offense is an even more egregious issue. As one executive says, "Forget about how he delivers the ball, or how accurate it is. First he has to know where to go with it."

"consider that at least some people in the organization believe that Tim Tebow(notes) is the fourth-best quarterback on the roster."

Apparently rookie QB Adam Weber from Minnesota has been quite impressive.

http://sports.yahoo....terbacks_082311

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox didn't see him yet. Elway had probably seen him in the few games, doubt he was at practice last year much. Who knows whose idea it was, but to me, listening to Elway, he was never all that impressed with Tebow. Orton was owed 9 mil this year, that's why they tried to trade him. They couldnt get what they wanted, and as soon as practice started they knew that both Orton and Quinn were playing well and Tebow looked like crap. That's been reported by everyone there.

Per usual you are the correct one.

"With the lockout depriving Elway, Fox and general manager Brian Xanders of the chance to evaluate their returning quarterbacks in minicamps and OTAs, the notion of trading Orton seemed like a viable one in late July, and talks commenced between the Broncos and Dolphins.

According to sources familiar with the negotiations, Miami offered a fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft for Orton, while Denver insisted on a third-round selection, and a stare down commenced. Orton, due to make $8.9 million in 2011, wanted his contract renegotiated to ensure that the Dolphins viewed him as their clear-cut starter, and Miami held firm on that front, too.

Meanwhile, both teams began training camp, and it soon became clear that Orton was a mile high above Tebow in his coaches’ estimation. While Dolphins fans reacted to incumbent quarterback Chad Henne’s(notes)camp struggles by chanting, “We Want Orton,” Broncos coaches were privately whispering, “We got lucky.

I honestly thought the Bills would make a strong pitch for Vince Young. Tebow definitely fits that mold of Brad Smith-Cam Newton- VY so perhaps the Bills did want to move up to draft him last year.

Considering how bad the O line currently is I gotta wonder if Fitz-Tyler-Smith can last the season, if not Tebow certainly could enter the picture. The Bills are gonna go pistol-waildcat then why not spread-option and bring in Tebow and let him run what he did in college.

Right now Bronco fans want Tebow, they want a winner. But clearly the Denver FO isn't going to change from the traditional drop back QB pro style. Things could get interesting this year if the Bills need him, and can get him cheap

I think I am ready for this team to leave Buffalo. It seems it would make life actually better in western NY.

Please, no, they'd all start watching Hockey and visiting Sabres boards which are...a fair bit better than Bills boards these days.

I think I am ready for this team to leave Buffalo. It seems it would make life actually better in western NY.

It's all God's Plan. If the power of Christ compels you (or the Bills), and it is the will of God, so be it. If you had an ounce of objectivity you would see the benefits that ANY and ALL teams would reap from Tim's presence.

Jesus Christ, open up your eyes. Tebow is slated to be teh 3rd or 4th string QB on a below average Denver team.

he is not a good NFL QB.

Sir! Do you know what a hero is made of? I'll tell you... it's a pound of toughness, an ounce of whippersnapper, a smidge of "Go-get-um" and a cup of "I told you so". HERO! Say it out loud! Say it proud! And this Tebowne kid's made of it something FIERCE!

H-E-R-O!

He CAN"T be stopped! You know why? I said "DO YOU KNOW WHY!!?

Because he BELIEVES. He believes in apple pie and holding hands...kicking cans and kissing babies. Don't even try to use the word "can't" around him!

No one's going to trade diddly for Quinn. Been passed around too much already

I don't agree, I'd take Quinn over Tebow any day. I saw Quinn's last few games in Cleveland and he seemed to have figured out how to execute decisions in an NFL offense. His accuracy was a bit off but he also seemed to be rushing his throws. IMO he's much closer to being a consistent starter than Tebow. If we could get him for next to nothing, even better.

Hmmmmm--would those be the same Fox and Elway who were trying to deal Orton to make way for Tebow less than a month ago? Yeah.

Anyway, it was never going to happen because they would be stuck paying his guarantee and they would have to bring in another guy and pay him to be 3rd string QB. Even Elway figured out this would make no sense. As "wildcat" option, I think Tebow has value that a 3rd stringer doesn't have---I think he's as valuable as a Brad Smith in that position (he throws much better than Smith).

Was that Orton trade rumor ever substantiated? And even if true, the new regime probably saw Tebow up close and changed their minds on trading Orton.

Tebow may throw better than Smith, but can he play RB and WR as well? Doubtful, or at least, unproven.

Now Boomer Esaiason has come out and said Tebow flat cannot throw. He cannot play QB in this league.

He can’t play. He can’t throw,” Esiason said, via Mike McCarthy of USA Today. “I’m not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time. But he’s not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he’s God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn’t mean his game is going to translate to the NFL.”

Esiason says he can’t imagine why the old coaching staff wanted Tebow and doesn’t see what good it does for the current coaching staff to keep him around.

“What Josh McDaniel saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don’t,” Esiason said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/boomer-esiason-tim-tebow-cant-play-cant-throw/

Was that Orton trade rumor ever substantiated? And even if true, the new regime probably saw Tebow up close and changed their minds on trading Orton.

Tebow may throw better than Smith, but can he play RB and WR as well? Doubtful, or at least, unproven.

Rumor? This was widely reported and not denied by Denver. If no one was sure what Tebow had to offer, why would it be feasible to offer Orton for a pick in July?

The ineptitude of Elway and Fox was masked by the even greater ineptitude of the Dolphins, who should have given a 3rd rounder for a starting QB,

I believe Tebow ran for a few TDs in his day. Smith won't be lining up in the backfield as RB much.

Rumor? This was widely reported and not denied by Denver. If no one was sure what Tebow had to offer, why would it be feasible to offer Orton for a pick in July?

The ineptitude of Elway and Fox was masked by the even greater ineptitude of the Dolphins, who should have given a 3rd rounder for a starting QB,

I believe Tebow ran for a few TDs in his day. Smith won't be lining up in the backfield as RB much.

Wait, so because the Broncos didn't deny it, it was obviously true? And the Dols were the only team interested in Orton, whereas the Cards gave up a ton for a far less proven player? Not a whole lot to hang your hat on there. But again, even if true, it didn't take long for Elway and Fox to decide that Tebow wasn't their guy.

You don't know how Smith will be lining up in the backfield. The thing is, Tebow is (barely) a passer.

Wait, so because the Broncos didn't deny it, it was obviously true? And the Dols were the only team interested in Orton, whereas the Cards gave up a ton for a far less proven player? Not a whole lot to hang your hat on there. But again, even if true, it didn't take long for Elway and Fox to decide that Tebow wasn't their guy.

You don't know how Smith will be lining up in the backfield. The thing is, Tebow is (barely) a passer.

If the Dolphins had offered a 3rd, Orton would be in Miami and Elway and Fox no doubt would be talking up Quinn right now.

Tebow threw for a lot of TDs and yards using a football and similar gravitational forces in college. Smith is barely a passer, doc.

In five seasons in the NFL, Smith has a total of 7 pass attempts and a 57.1% competion rate. Tebow, in one season, has 82 attempts with a 50% completion rate.

I'm honestly not sure how a passer comparison can even be made between the two. I'm not sure you can get any more "barely" than Smith.

If the Dolphins had offered a 3rd, Orton would be in Miami and Elway and Fox no doubt would be talking up Quinn right now.

Tebow threw for a lot of TDs and yards using a football and similar gravitational forces in college. Smith is barely a passer, doc.

The NFL isn't college, as many successful college QB's have found out. And no one is trying to sell Smith as a starting QB. Again, if Elway and Fox thought Tebow was their guy, to the point that they were ready to deal Orton, that faded quickly.