Tim Tebow for sale?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt take Tebow. He isnt a passing threat and all you hear about is how throwing motion isnt good enough for the NFL. It seems the Broncos have benefited more from the PR than his quarterback play. We have enough scrambling qbs. Like what was said before, he was a McDaniels project. New regime could care less if they have Brady Quinn in there, thats all the proof you need.

He's not going to be traded. No one is going to want to pay him the 6.3 mil he is owed next week. But he could be cut before that if Elway thinks, as a lot of people do, that he will never be a starting QB in this league. After that 6 mil is paid, he's cheap for the remaining years on his contract. I doubt he's going anywhere either. But if both Fox and Elway don't think he is good,, he could easily be gone.

He's not going to be traded. No one is going to want to pay him the 6.3 mil he is owed next week. But he could be cut before that if Elway thinks, as a lot of people do, that he will never be a starting QB in this league. After that 6 mil is paid, he's cheap for the remaining years on his contract. I doubt he's going anywhere either. But if both Fox and Elway don't think he is good,, he could easily be gone.

Hmmmmm--would those be the same Fox and Elway who were trying to deal Orton to make way for Tebow less than a month ago? Yeah.

Anyway, it was never going to happen because they would be stuck paying his guarantee and they would have to bring in another guy and pay him to be 3rd string QB. Even Elway figured out this would make no sense. As "wildcat" option, I think Tebow has value that a 3rd stringer doesn't have---I think he's as valuable as a Brad Smith in that position (he throws much better than Smith).

Hmmmmm--would those be the same Fox and Elway who were trying to deal Orton to make way for Tebow less than a month ago? Yeah.

Anyway, it was never going to happen because they would be stuck paying his guarantee and they would have to bring in another guy and pay him to be 3rd string QB. Even Elway figured out this would make no sense. As "wildcat" option, I think Tebow has value that a 3rd stringer doesn't have---I think he's as valuable as a Brad Smith in that position (he throws much better than Smith).

Fox didn't see him yet. Elway had probably seen him in the few games, doubt he was at practice last year much. Who knows whose idea it was, but to me, listening to Elway, he was never all that impressed with Tebow. Orton was owed 9 mil this year, that's why they tried to trade him. They couldnt get what they wanted, and as soon as practice started they knew that both Orton and Quinn were playing well and Tebow looked like crap. That's been reported by everyone there.

I agree about the third QB Brad Smith role. He could be very good at it. I don't know if that 6.3 mil is guaranteed or not. It may be, and if it is, then surely they are not going to cut him. The article I read about it just said it was owed, not that it was guaranteed, but it could have been misleading.

They couldnt get what they wanted, and as soon as practice started they knew that both Orton and Quinn were playing well and Tebow looked like crap. That's been reported by everyone there.

I firmly believe John Elway is trying to run him out of town, and the media is on his bandwagon to do so. These reports don't have diddly to do with actual regular season game performance, and I don't take much stock in their assessments of practice. After all, it is just PRACTICE.

I think you'd have a problem when he'd have more support from the alumni (Kelly & Thomas) then his own players in the locker room. Not to mention Tebow doesn't have an NFL position. Tebow is a project as he needs time to develop either as a QB, or Safety, Linebacker, Fullback, Tight End or Special Teamer. About the only natural position for Tebow would be fullback or tight end and he has indicated he has no interest playing either.

If this team's management didn't pull the trigger on a Tebow trade (for a reasonable price), I would be pretty upset. The guy is a gamer no matter how you look at it. I watched him win games last season, and he doesn't make many mistakes. That guy is exactly what this team needs. Trade for him, let Thigpen go, and let Tebow sit on the bench for half the season and learn this offense. If Fitz hasn't proven to be a starter by mid-season, then we give Tebow the ball.

Really! So Fitz didn't prove one damn thing to you last year? I do not think he is the next coming or anything like that but I'm thinking average play from Fitz is still better than what Tebow can offer.

I think you'd have a problem when he'd have more support from the alumni (Kelly & Thomas) then his own players in the locker room. Not to mention Tebow doesn't have an NFL position. Tebow is a project as he needs time to develop either as a QB, or Safety, Linebacker, Fullback, Tight End or Special Teamer. About the only natural position for Tebow would be fullback or tight end and he has indicated he has no interest playing either.

He'd make a great team chaplain as well.

He'd make a great team chaplain as well.

I think Tim has a higher calling. I think he should set aside the football and become "The Official Chaplain of the NFL". This guy is something special, and he should be using talents for more serious work. He could help players heal, help them through adversity. These things are far more important than winning games.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

If this team's management didn't pull the trigger on a Tebow trade (for a reasonable price), I would be pretty upset. The guy is a gamer no matter how you look at it. I watched him win games last season, and he doesn't make many mistakes. That guy is exactly what this team needs. Trade for him, let Thigpen go, and let Tebow sit on the bench for half the season and learn this offense. If Fitz hasn't proven to be a starter by mid-season, then we give Tebow the ball.

Jesus Christ, open up your eyes. Tebow is slated to be teh 3rd or 4th string QB on a below average Denver team.

he is not a good NFL QB.