Tim Tebow for sale?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/303110-broncos-ready-to-cut-tebow?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

Rumor has it Tim Tebow will be up for sale.

Doesn't seem logical the Bills would make a go if it were to happen, given their large investment in Smith.

But let the speculation begin.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleacher Sports seems to think Tebow in Buffalo would be a good idea. They say he could even play...TE?!

Love the occasional gimmick plays, and I like the possibilities of Tebow. But we desperately need a RT or RG first. That's my two cents at least.

Bleacher Sports seems to think Tebow in Buffalo would be a good idea. They say he could even play...TE?!

Love the occasional gimmick plays, and I like the possibilities of Tebow. But we desperately need a RT or RG first. That's my two cents at least.

Bleacher's take: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/815063-12-nfl-trades-we-would-like-to-see-before-the-trade-deadline/page/12

So, by the season opener, how many QBs (including all those who primarily played the position in college) will we have on the roster, according to recent speculation?

Fitzpatrick

Thigpen

Smith

Brown (probably not)

Nesbitt (practice squad?)

Pryor

Tebow

Am I leaving anyone off here?

Edited by Captain Caveman

Bleacher's take: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/815063-12-nfl-trades-we-would-like-to-see-before-the-trade-deadline/page/12

"Brady" Smith ?? .........haha

I can't see any team in the NFL picking up Tebow's big contract (btw, he's due to be paid 7 million a month into this season) so he's as good as gone. I could see Tebow wanting to come and play for Chan. That being said, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Fitzpatrick plays in 2011 and have had enough of QB drama over the last 15 years. Hopefully, whether Tebow is here or not, Fitzpatrick nails down the job with a huge season this year.

I think the Bills would be a potential suitor considering their publicized attempt to trade up in the draft to get him. If this were to happen, I think Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the odd man out.

That's what they said in Denver about Kyle Orton!...LOL

If this team's management didn't pull the trigger on a Tebow trade (for a reasonable price), I would be pretty upset. The guy is a gamer no matter how you look at it. I watched him win games last season, and he doesn't make many mistakes. That guy is exactly what this team needs. Trade for him, let Thigpen go, and let Tebow sit on the bench for half the season and learn this offense. If Fitz hasn't proven to be a starter by mid-season, then we give Tebow the ball.

If Tebow is picked up, I'm guessing second-string QB, second-string TE, first-string team chaplain.

If this team's management didn't pull the trigger on a Tebow trade (for a reasonable price), I would be pretty upset. The guy is a gamer no matter how you look at it. I watched him win games last season, and he doesn't make many mistakes. That guy is exactly what this team needs. Trade for him, let Thigpen go, and let Tebow sit on the bench for half the season and learn this offense. If Fitz hasn't proven to be a starter by mid-season, then we give Tebow the ball.

I thought Tim Tebow was definitely going to be a Bill two drafts ago, and I was pretty excited about it. I'm with you on his game, and I find it hard to believe that someone with his raw ability and work ethic wouldn't someday be a good NFL QB. I'm also with you Tebow would be a good fit for the Bills.

I just don't see them getting rid of Thigpen, whom they just picked up, and negating Brad Smith, whom they paid a nice price for. And four QBs (five if you include Levi, whom I'd be happy to see go) are too many. I would not be unhappy, though, if the Bills did pull the trigger on Tebow.

It's a big if at this point. Right now, the third-string Tebow isn't officially for sale yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/about

Bleacher Report launched in 2008 as a centralized platform for talented writers to contribute original articles about their favorite sports teams and topics.

Read BR for long enough and you'll discover the level of talent involved, which pretty much pales in comparison to any of my favorite posters here. Sports journalists and insiders don't blog "about their favorite teams." At best, you're going to get some decent analysis and informed speculation at Bleacher Report. At worst, you get a lot of noise that filters down into message boards like ours.

I know that some of the people ESPN hires make it difficult to distinguish between those who actually work sources and have inside information, and casual bloggers. Yet, would anyone suggest that a trade or signing suggestion in an article in Buffalo Rumblings (a site I like) means "the Bills are going after __________"? I would hope not, and I imagine so would the founders of Buffalo Rumblings - they make it clear they're a fan blog. Fan speculation is fun, but it's fan speculation. There are any number of reasons why trades don't happen, and a hell of a lot of steps that have to be taken for a trade to go down. I'm sure that over the past few years the Bills have done their due diligence on Tebow. He is no more a sure thing now than when he was drafted. Unless he can be had for peanuts, why trade for him now when there was a chance to draft him in 2010?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/303110-broncos-ready-to-cut-tebow?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

Rumor has it Tim Tebow will be up for sale.

Doesn't seem logical the Bills would make a go if it were to happen, given their large investment in Smith.

But let the speculation begin.

Rumor has it they are talking to the fins right now. Of course I just started this rumor