How about that Ryan Mallett

Da Big Man

Knowing that Mallett was the best QB in the draft was knowing that the Bils were not going to take him. Now he is better than any QB on the Bills roster and it makes me sick that he is in New England. This band of morons need to be run out of town. :wallbash::censored::bag::bag:

You're right, of course Ryan Mallett is awesome.. he's kicking a** in PREseason... good God. Let's get some perspective- I have seen him make the worst decisions against great teams, and he won't change.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No,just trying to keep the post fresh. Now I know if you are a true Bills fan like myself ,then you would've loved this front office to draft him. Deny that I 'll now you're full of sh it! :thumbsup:

Let's remember that he is playing aginst plain vanilla backups and camp fodder. Also remember that Matt Cassel looked like Joe Montana in Belicheck's system.

I prefer Dareus, but after the first round a QB would have been nice. I think the guys they liked were gone.

Someday we will draft a QB again, someday we will draft a LT too.

Childish at best.. :thumbsup: NEXT!

71 yards, a sack and a pick against backups is hardly worth the optimism you're sporting. And your manner of self righteous, unsupported, chest thumping is most offputting, as is your overuse of :thumbsup:. :thumbsup:

Whatever makes you sleep better. I wish I could be a blind obedient like your self. :thumbsup:

You obviously haven't paid attention to Belichick's moves in the off season. He lets players go while they still have value..thats how he gets first round draft picks..The excat opposite the Bills do. :thumbsup:

I wonder if you actually have the ability to make a point without name calling.....I have not seen this from you yet.

Knowing that Mallett was the best QB in the draft was knowing that the Bils were not going to take him. Now he is better than any QB on the Bills roster and it makes me sick that he is in New England. This band of morons need to be run out of town. :wallbash::censored::bag::bag:

Mallett is better than Gabbert?

Brady is going nowhere anytime soon. Belichick drafted Mallet for the sole reason of propping him up in pre-season games and meaningless regular season action so he can trade him for a haul in a few years.

Not likely. Brady's current contract is for four years. Mallett's rookie contract is for four years. Its n0o coincidence. TB will be 37 when his deal is up. If Mallett develops to BB's standards, don't be surprised if Tom Terrific is traded in 2 years while he still has trade value. If Mallett does not pan out to BBs expectations, he will be traded, probably for more than a third. Hoyer is a FA next year and the Pats will not be franchising him. The plan in NE is Brady/Mallett.

Mallett has been pressing somewhat in practice. His throws have been sailing. He is trying too hard. If you saw the list of QBs with 108 passer ratings or better after the first preseason game you would not be impressed. He also had all day to stand in the pocket for the most part.

Mallett nevertheless certainly has top 10 talent, not 74th or whatever it was. He is more mobile in and around the pocket than given credit for and he can throw well on the run, especially rolling to his right. He did break Peyton Manning's SEC passing records, which had stood for a long time. He was an absolute steal for the Pats in the 3rd. Still, landing in a place like NE, with an O-line like that, was especially good for a pro type pocket passer like him.

Not to worry though. Luck, Barkley, Landry Jones...he will get our guy next year.

Yeah he looked so good against those NFL backups.....except when he didn't in his last game.

How would you feel if he was our guy and playing the same as he has?

I for one would be ecstatic....as I am sure others would.

Until the Pats stop doing it right....I'm going to credit them with doing it right.....the bastrds

I would root for Mallet because he is on my team....I am just funny that way I dont root against my own teams players.......

BUT

He is not a good fit for our system...we use mobile QB's......and his propensity to throw picks when he gets pressured would be maddening to me.....also the offseaon allegations of substance abuse would worry me.

I would probably keep those things to myself though when posting...and root for him.

Not likely. Brady's current contract is for four years. Mallett's rookie contract is for four years. Its n0o coincidence. TB will be 37 when his deal is up. If Mallett develops to BB's standards, don't be surprised if Tom Terrific is traded in 2 years while he still has trade value. If Mallett does not pan out to BBs expectations, he will be traded, probably for more than a third. Hoyer is a FA next year and the Pats will not be franchising him. The plan in NE is Brady/Mallett.

Mallett has been pressing somewhat in practice. His throws have been sailing. He is trying too hard. If you saw the list of QBs with 108 passer ratings or better after the first preseason game you would not be impressed. He also had all day to stand in the pocket for the most part.

Mallett nevertheless certainly has top 10 talent, not 74th or whatever it was. He is more mobile in and around the pocket than given credit for and he can throw well on the run, especially rolling to his right. He did break Peyton Manning's SEC passing records, which had stood for a long time. He was an absolute steal for the Pats in the 3rd. Still, landing in a place like NE, with an O-line like that, was especially good for a pro type pocket passer like him.

Not to worry though. Luck, Barkley, Landry Jones...he will get our guy next year.

As much as I hate the idea that *NE may have drafted the likely successor to Brady, I think this is probably accurate. The thing that often gets overlooked is that athletes, like everyone else on this planet, mature at different rates. Mallett can have all of the talent in the world, but put him on a team that is expecting him to be the starting QB now, and he's likely to crack under the pressure. *NE and other teams with established QBs that can take the time to groom a guy like this are the most likely to actually help him realize his potential, whereas the Bills as presently constituted (bad team with an offense decidely not befitting his strengths) would have probably prematurely annihilated his confidence and career before he ever got the chance to establish himself.

I would root for Mallet because he is on my team....I am just funny that way I dont root against my own teams players.......

BUT

He is not a good fit for our system...we use mobile QB's......and his propensity to throw picks when he gets pressured would be maddening to me.....also the offseaon allegations of substance abuse would worry me.

I would probably keep those things to myself though when posting...and root for him.

The drug stuff was ridiculous John. A bunch of idiot journalists with nothing better to do than stir the pot.

As much as I hate the idea that *NE may have drafted the likely successor to Brady, I think this is probably accurate. The thing that often gets overlooked is that athletes, like everyone else on this planet, mature at different rates. Mallett can have all of the talent in the world, but put him on a team that is expecting him to be the starting QB now, and he's likely to crack under the pressure. *NE and other teams with established QBs that can take the time to groom a guy like this are the most likely to actually help him realize his potential, whereas the Bills as presently constituted (bad team with an offense decidely not befitting his strengths) would have probably prematurely annihilated his confidence and career before he ever got the chance to establish himself.

No question the player is better off in NE than in Blo.

No question the player is better off in NE than in Blo.

That can be said of just about any player at this point in time, unfortunately. :cry:

Taking what I was saying a step further, I could see Peyton Manning, the rookie, coming to Blo and establishing a career despite the bad team... he did it in Indy. I don't think Mallett is that player, so it'd be bad both for the team and the player, cuz it'd be 3 more years of "development" before we could move on to the next "next franchise QB."

That can be said of just about any player at this point in time, unfortunately. :cry:

Taking what I was saying a step further, I could see Peyton Manning, the rookie, coming to Blo and establishing a career despite the bad team... he did it in Indy. I don't think Mallett is that player, so it'd be bad both for the team and the player, cuz it'd be 3 more years of "development" before we could move on to the next "next franchise QB."

I think he has a chance to be better than you think he is. Its really up to him, how hard he works etc...My guess is he wants it. Time will tell.

Let's remember that he is playing aginst plain vanilla backups and camp fodder. Also remember that Matt Cassel looked like Joe Montana in Belicheck's system.

I prefer Dareus, but after the first round a QB would have been nice. I think the guys they liked were gone.

Someday we will draft a QB again, someday we will draft a LT too.

I agree. IMO, which I know means squat, I thought it was a mistake to pass on Mallet in the second, and flat out stupid to pass on him in the third. But then again, I'm the kind of guy that expects it take a couple years for a QB to crack the starting line-up, and then actually still believe that half way through the pre-season (ya know, instead of declaring busts all over the place). Personally, I think that golden arm sitting behind Fitzpatrick for a few years could have been a really good thing.

Ryan Mallet has all the physical tools to be a great NFL qb. But if you watched him in college his poise and leadership were a big question mark.

This is why he slid to the thrid round. This is also why right now you can't judge him. It is the preseason, there is no pressure really.

To tell me he is better then any qb on the Bills right now is telling half the story. He has better talent ,maybe then any Bills qb. But he also is a huge unknown.

The Pats did just what the Falcons did when the drafted Matt Schaub. Think about it.