How about that Ryan Mallett

Da Big Man

I agree. IMO, which I know means squat, I thought it was a mistake to pass on Mallet in the second, and flat out stupid to pass on him in the third. But then again, I'm the kind of guy that expects it take a couple years for a QB to crack the starting line-up, and then actually still believe that half way through the pre-season (ya know, instead of declaring busts all over the place). Personally, I think that golden arm sitting behind Fitzpatrick for a few years could have been a really good thing.

Couldn't agree with you more, Faustus - from early on, I was extremely high on Mallet, a giant Sasquatch of a QB with a rocket arm that could launch Roscoe Parrish from Orchard Park to the Peace Bridge in a January blizzard.

Knowing that Fitz was going to start this season and probably next, and that we could build an o-line for Mallet in those 2 drafts, I would definitely have taken Mallet in round 2; passing on him in round 3 was beyond dumb. But hey, we got Kelvin Sheppard - who was projected to go in rounds 4-5.

C'est la vie - another wasted opportunity :wallbash:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic