Who is Patrick Moran? Supposedly major news.

bbb

I hope Merriman hires me to represent him in his defamation case against Pat Moran...

By the way, I've probably clicked on this thread 100 times, posted in it dozens of times, been on twitter for an hour, and opened the peter pan link 4 times today.

You'd think we'd crash the server with a thread like this. Pixie guy is getting a lot of hits today

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Patrick Moran? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Moran. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

*At first I was going to respond with Who is Patrick Moran? Who is John Galt. Bbut I doubt many folks here would get the reference and some of those who did wouldn't appreciate the reference

Edited by /dev/null

Who is Patrick Moran? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Moran. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

*At first I was going to respond with Who is Patrick Moran? Who is John Galt. Bbut I doubt many folks here would get the reference and some of those who did wouldn't appreciate the reference

Pat Moran used to sing baritone in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Sal Maiorana

@salmaiorana Sal Maiorana

I have heard there was no bust. RT @MSmilanich: @salmaiorana Is there any legitamcy to the Merriman border crossing with steroids rumor?

Meaning he was not arrested. Cannot corroborate anything else right now. RT @Shaww: @salmaiorana There was no bust? meaning what?

This means something happened, right? If Sal has heard there was no arrest but "cannot corroborate" anything else, he is kind of admitting there was indeed some incident.

This means something happened, right? If Sal has heard there was no arrest but "cannot corroborate" anything else, he is kind of admitting there was indeed some incident.

Or he doesn't know any specific details on whether anything happened or not and is choosing to avoid throwing himself out there like Moran did. That is the professional thing to do.

When I started reading this thread I had no idea who Pat Moran was. After the tweet about his kid, I'm sure he is a world class idiot and am praying for this Merriman thing to be wrong so he goes away.

Leave journalism to journalists.

Edited by Thisistheyear

When I started reading this thread I had no idea who Pat Moran was. After the tweet about his kid, I'm sure he is a world class idiot and am praying for this info Merriman thing to be wrong so he goes away.

Leave journalism to journalists.

I hope when Merriman finds out about these false allegations against him, he finds Pat Moran in whatever basement he's hiding out at, sacks him, and does the sack dance in front of his 8 year old daughter.

Or else he scanned the arrest reports (which I'm assuming a reported can get his hands on pretty easily) and found that there was no arrest.

Or he doesn't know any specific details on whether anything happened or not and is choosing to avoid throwing himself out there like Moran did. That is the professional thing to do.

Moran is not a professional so he need not adhere to journalism ethics. He's an Internet douche that lives under Douche Blog Law.

On the surface, by saying there was no arrest it sounds as though it implies an incident did indeed occur that did not result in an arrest. I guess it's possible there is simply no arrest record, though. He didn't make it clear if that's the case.

Moran is not a professional so he need not adhere to journalism ethics. He's an Internet douche that lives under Douche Blog Law.

On the surface, by saying there was no arrest it sounds as though it implies an incident did indeed occur that did not result in an arrest. I guess it's possible there is simply no arrest record, though. He didn't make it clear if that's the case.

Okay maybe he did get pulled over, doesn't mean there was necessarily a banned substance in his car. Especially if this happened weeks ago.

In Moran's defense, it sounds like something did happen. A couple of posters early on in the thread also suggested they knew about it. It just seems that if by now, no other reporters can substantiate it, it's not as big a deal as Moran was implying.

In Moran's defense, it sounds like something did happen. A couple of posters early on in the thread also suggested they knew about it. It just seems that if by now, no other reporters can substantiate it, it's not as big a deal as Moran was implying.

Check their posting history--two of them have only posted in this thread during the past year. Just sayin'.....