Give us Stinchcomb...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-stinchcomb

He would give us a proven starter from one of the best offenses in football. Keep Pears as depth, or at least have a competition. This fixes both our starting problem and depth problem...Yes he was injured last year, but is supposedly healthy now. I don't think Stinchcomb is our OT savior, but why not TRY to improve. At the very least we would have depth.

If Pears (Wow, we are relying on him?) or Bell get's hurt, we have no one that has shown the slightest bit of ability.

I know this just "another" OT post, but IMO he is a much more viable option than Mckinnie, Flozell, or the other "fat injured" guys..

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was just released. Is his injury last year the reason or is he just used up? Anyone know anything about him? If he heals, would he be better than what the Bill's already have? Or could he be worth another Merriman type gamble?

Yes.

1. He has a funny name.

2. He is about to become another temporary legend on TBD.

He was just released. Is his injury last year the reason or is he just used up? Anyone know anything about him? If he heals, would he be better than what the Bill's already have? Or could he be worth another Merriman type gamble?

He has had some injury problems, but is supposedly healthy now. He was a quality starter on a great offense, I think it would be worthwhile to bring him in to compete. At the very least we need depth.

I don't think he is washed up like McKinnie or Flozell.

Yes.

1. He has a funny name.

2. He is about to become another temporary legend on TBD.

B-) GOT TO HAVE HIM .... GOT TO HAVE HIM .... GOT TO HAVE HIM .... BUDDY GIT ER DONE!!! .... Any and every player who gets cut we GOT TO HAVE THEM ...

He does have a funny name ... and if he was released and still healthy he's worth a look but I keep watching for those other Aaron Maybin types that teams somehow let go ... because if any team releases a high former draft pick or a former starter or someone who made it to the Pro Bowl or someone who sat on the bench then he is someone we GOT TO HAVE!!!

He would give us a proven starter from one of the best offenses in football. Keep Pears as depth, or at least have a competition. This fixes both our starting problem and depth problem...Yes he was injured last year, but is supposedly healthy. Why not TRY to improve, at the very least our depth would improve.

If Pears (Wow, we are relying on him?) or Bell get's hurt, we have no one that has shown the slightest bit of ability.

I know this just "another" OT post, but IMO he is a much more viable option than Mckinnie, Flozell, or the other "fat injured" guys..

Perhaps the most telling part of this SI story about his release is this -> "However, he played in pain for much of last season, after which he had surgery to repair a torn left quad muscle. Because of the lockout, he was unable to rehabilitate the injury at Saints headquarters, instead splitting time with the Georgia Bulldogs’ training staff and with a private trainer in suburban New Orleans."

Sounds to me like his rehab did not go as planned and that he is still hurting to a level that he could not compete for a position with the Saints who apparently really love the guy.

But then again ...

Perhaps the most telling part of this SI story about his release is this -> "However, he played in pain for much of last season, after which he had surgery to repair a torn left quad muscle. Because of the lockout, he was unable to rehabilitate the injury at Saints headquarters, instead splitting time with the Georgia Bulldogs’ training staff and with a private trainer in suburban New Orleans."

Sounds to me like his rehab did not go as planned and that he is still hurting to a level that he could not compete for a position with the Saints who apparently really love the guy.

But then again ...

I think to assume his rehab didn't go well because he couldn't rehab at the Saint's facility due to the lockout is a little ridiculous.

Why not bring him (or SOMEONE) in to compete...Worst case is we have depth, or cut him and we are exactly where we are now. Best case is he is healthy, and provides us with a proven quality OT.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I'm pretty sure his health was not that big of a concern for NO, he was sharing reps with their back up and they decided to give the other guy a shot. But as far as I've heard he's in solid playing shape.

Edited by bills1960

He would give us a proven starter from one of the best offenses in football. Keep Pears as depth, or at least have a competition. This fixes both our starting problem and depth problem...Yes he was injured last year, but is supposedly healthy now. I don't think Stinchcomb is our OT savior, but why not TRY to improve. At the very least we would have depth.

+1 and he's from the SEC so NIX & Gailey probably know who he is!

But then again ...

Holy hell. Did you read this in between the lines, or divine it from your tea leaves?

Maybe you should try not just making sh-- up.

OLinemen can play a pretty longtime and he is less than 30 no? This would be a good move if he is healthy. Pears is ok but he could be a swing and back up. I don't see any depth at the tackles.

Edited by bowery4

OLinemen can play a pretty longtime and he is less than 30 no? This would be a good move if he is healthy. Pears is ok but he could be a swing and back up. I don't see and depth at the tackles.

Pears is at least a solid back up, which by looking at the Bears game, we definitely need. But the Bills were obviously open to replacing him when they tried to sign Tyson Clabo. Maybe that'sa different story because Clabo is a franchise type player, but I'm sure if they see value in this guy they'll make a run for him.

OLinemen can play a pretty longtime and he is less than 30 no? This would be a good move if he is healthy. Pears is ok but he could be a swing and back up. I don't see and depth at the tackles.

Not only that, but there's many a DE who've said that OTs generally turn the corner at finally being effective from an experience factor (probably combined with reaching a level of fitness as well) at about 5-6 seasons.

I'm not saying that Nix has to sign a name. But it definitely couldn't hurt to have him for a visit and/or medical check. If this FO and coaching staff think they can effectively compete all season with the OTs currently on the roster, they are living in a dream world.

I'm not holding my breath, tho. Just about all we've seen so far re-affirms our status as the Kansas City Royals of the NFL.

Edited by UConn James

outside his "probowl" year, he hasnt been that good. he made the pb in a cluster of guys from new orleans in the superbowl run. does anyone believe the saints 3rd best lineman was also within the top 5 that year, or is the line hard to judge so a team with good rushing, and a good record just sends a bunch of guys.

his best years put him at average starter, and hes coming off a bad injury that he played through, but played really poorly. a big part of drew being hurt last year.