The official Get 'R Done Thread (OL)

Billsnutt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading Saints fans reactions, they're not that happy with the move. They said Stinchcomb and his replacement Streif had both been running first team drills, so I see no reason why the Bills shouldn't bring him in.

They are worried to be cutting a starting lineman during camp. Understandable.

I think you'd be hardpressed to find someone versed in his career that's really terribly down on the move beyond the fear of the unknown on a team that could make a run. He was easily at best the fifth, best lineman going into this season .

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a call from the Bills. I think the Saints released him partly due to cheaper talent available and cap implications.

Money won't be the issue, but whether a doctor clears that knee is. He's probably a failed physical at this point.

He'll be highly sought after by Baltimore and Chicago, but those teams have cap considerations too, whereas we do not.

I think you'd be hardpressed to find someone versed in his career that's really terribly down on the move beyond the fear of the unknown on a team that could make a run. He was easily at best the fifth, best lineman going into this season .

Worse than Bushrod, Strief, or Kreutz? Doubtful, unless he's still injured.

Dunno. They had to reattach his quad to his knee. He just started practicing and a couple things I read said his mobility and pass pro have declined. Good coaches like Payton do not release solid starters with any tread left. I'd be surprised if they signed him and I'd be further surprised if he were an upgrade over a few healthy 25 year olds.

Nobody heard of Tyson Clabo until Atlanta gave him a chance out of desperation. Maybe we are developing a Clabo. Dunno who it is, but I can hope.

Don't forget that you can't make him play in Buffalo. He will have multiple offers for his services.

Having said that, how many offers were there for Clabo? There didn't seem to be that many suitors.

Edited by CarolinaBillsFan

Well, depending on what one thinks of Bell, because of his recent injuries he would be the fourth best lineman on the Bills going into the season. The thing is, that he would be significantly better than 4 or 5 and therefore make the group significantly better.

I think he played LT or at least swing tackle early in his career, no? Although much better suited to RT, could be play back-up LT in a pinch?