Evans traded to Baltimore

Jdragon2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people aren't happy about this, but may i point out that Lee Evans is NOT a superstar wideout, he is getting old,and has not shown much these past two seasons, and we have other good wideouts like Roscoe and Nelson. Not to mention Brad Smith who i think could be a legitamite slot receiver, as well as Easley, Jones and Roosevelt. Sure, he comes up with the 40+ yard reception every once in a while, but how many times did he make a big play when we needed it most? How many pro bowls has he been to? I think people are overreacting over this trade. I don't think our offense will regress over this move at all.

You're right. Evans wouldn't have put up better numbers with Bledsoe/Flutie than he did with JP Losman and Captain Checkdown. :lol:

Is Evans Larry Fitzgerald? Nope. Is he a "one dimensional, one route" wide receiver? Not even close. He's the product of a horribly run organization that rarely puts its most gifted players in the position to maximize their effectiveness.

The BILLS drafted Evans in the first round, wasted his talents, then tossed him aside for a fourth round draft choice. We can pretend it's a good move but this franchise's history shows otherwise. The locker room has cancer yet again, and the season hasn't even started.

Fully agree, AD. I am furious right now. I elaborated on my anger before the trade and was hoping it wouldnt happen. But it did and I am not fully on the anti-Nix camp unless he proves me wrong. So far, under his tenure we have lost 3 #1 and 1 #2 rounder from before. Build through the draft and keep your own ? Really ? Isn't that what Nix said when he came in ? And he proceeded to purge the roster of players from the earlier regime without proven replacements. Created holes where we didn't have to. This is entirely meaningless. Thoroughly stupid move in a line of questionable ones. :angry:

He's the product of a horribly run organization that rarely puts its most gifted players in the position to maximize their effectiveness.

Why was Chan able to maximize the effectiveness of Steve Johnson and Roscoe Parrish but not Lee?

So Dra-Flo's twitter account speaks for the locker room now?

His opinion (as a member of the unit OPPOSITE Evans') matters to the receivers morale...because?

Because he properly identified the coming weakness in the Bills offensive game plan? I'm guessing you missed CJ's and Stevie's thoughts too?

Why was Chan able to maximize the effectiveness of Steve Johnson and Roscoe Parrish but not Lee?

As much as I like him, Lee was a one-trick pony. Reminds me of some guys I play ultimate frisbee with--they just run deep, and will oftentimes out-run the thrower, or just float around 50 yards away with a defender in their face.

Fully agree, AD. I am furious right now. I elaborated on my anger before the trade and was hoping it wouldnt happen. But it did and I am not fully on the anti-Nix camp unless he proves me wrong. So far, under his tenure we have lost 3 #1 and 1 #2 rounder from before. Build through the draft and keep your own ? Really ? Isn't that what Nix said when he came in ? And he proceeded to purge the roster of players from the earlier regime without proven replacements. Created holes where we didn't have to. This is entirely meaningless. Thoroughly stupid move in a line of questionable ones. :angry:

I don't blame Nix because this kind of stuff has happened throughout Ralph's ownership, and especially since friggin' Overdorf/Littman have been at the helm financially. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nix wasn't involved at all.

How did the Patriots respond when Lawyer Milloy was cut? From what I remember they went ballistic. How did they finish that year?

The point is that it's a bit silly to gauge whether this is a good move or not based on the perspective from one player. Players tend to be emotional, it's natural that they aren't gonna be pleased with a trade from a player that they respected. But let's not get carried away regarding one player's emotional twitter response.

In regards to Lee Evans, let's face it, we can blame his lack of production on the coaches, offensive line, QB's, being a one-trick-pony or what have you, but bottom line is he hasn't been a productive WR over the past couple years. Sure, if you guys want to believe that he was the main reason why Stevie J had as productive of a receiver as he did, fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but even if that were to be the case, basically his value last year was as a decoy.

I never was on the Lee bandwagon, never thought he was an exceptional route runner, in my view he didn't fight for the ball when the situation called for, and many times just appeared to be a nonfactor in most games.

Who knows? Maybe Chan sees something in Easley, Donald or one of the other players. I personally am excited to see what Gailey can do with these guys.

Edited by Magox

I doubt Andre Johnson has caught a dozen balls in his career when he's doubled. To say otherwise is ludicrous. If Andre Johnson played for the BILLS with Drew Bledsoe/JP Losman/Trent Edwards/some loser from Green Bay/Ryan Fitzpatrick with Dick Jauron and Mike Mularkey as his head coach, he'd look one dimension too.

Right. The problems with Buffalo's offense are because Lee Evans can't get open. Not because of poor QB play for a decade, an OLine that has been among the worst in NFL history for the same time frame, or mediocre (or worse) coaching. That damn one-dimensional Lee Evans (shakes fist like angry old muppet guy).

You don't watch much football do you? Johnson could have the whole team covering him & still find a way to get open. That guy is a true flat out #1 beast of a receiver.

As for your last point. Yeah that is right blame everybody but Evans. You & countless of others did the same thing when we had Losman. Well guess what Losman is out of the league now.

BTW Andre Johnson played 4 years(2003-2006) with David Carr as his qb.

Edited by Gordio

So 28th in the NFL in scoring offense is now "maximizing effectiveness"? 33 catches for 400 yards and 2 TDs is "maximizing effectiveness"?

Excuse me while I laugh my ass off.

As much as I like him, Lee was a one-trick pony. Reminds me of some guys I play ultimate frisbee with--they just run deep, and will oftentimes out-run the thrower, or just float around 50 yards away with a defender in their face.

Lee's a pretty good receiver who will probably have 1-2 productive seasons with Boldin/Flacco until his production trails off precipitously. That being said I'm fine with the Bills trading away every veteran who either they don't anticipate being on the team in 2013 or who will probably be declining due to age. Did I just write off 2 seasons?

So 28th in the NFL in scoring offense is now "maximizing effectiveness"? 33 catches for 400 yards and 2 TDs is "maximizing effectiveness"?

In 6 games.

Why dont you look at roscoe's numbers from the previous years. Take a look at Steve Johnsons stats from last year while you're at it

What is even worse about this trade is that Baltimore is quality playoff team. Therefore, this fourth round pick becomes a late fourth round pick. My question is could they have traded him to Arizona for a higher fourth round pick?

I would have kept Evans for another year and perhaps he would have improved on his numbers from last year and been more valuable on the market for next year or perhaps later this season after some starter on another team gets hurt. We might have been able to get more for him if we dangled him before the trade deadline. As a Bills fan this tells me that they have no intention of making the playoffs this year and they have already given up on this season. I can't see how this helps this team especially if any of these younger WR's get hurt or prove they aren't pro material.

So 28th in the NFL in scoring offense is now "maximizing effectiveness"?

OK, but I didn't make the point about the offense in general.

33 catches for 400 yards and 2 TDs is "maximizing effectiveness"?

Seriously? Roscoe averaged about 20 catches for 200 yards a season for the first 5 years of his career and Chan figured out a way to nearly double that production in only half a season. Sounds like the "maximization of effectiveness" to me.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic believes the Cardinals will only deal for Lee Evans "if the price is right."

It's the same attitude they took with Braylon Edwards and Malcom Floyd. The coaches want to get a long look at Andre Roberts and Early Doucet, so they won't be in a hurry to pull the trigger. Somers suspects GM Rod Graves won't part with more than a fifth-round pick for Evans.

roto.com

:wallbash:

Edited by bills_red

I don't blame Nix because this kind of stuff has happened throughout Ralph's ownership, and especially since friggin' Overdorf/Littman have been at the helm financially. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nix wasn't involved at all.

i wouldn't either...is it any wonder top coaches, gm's and free agents shun buffalo like the plague...it's the dollar general store of the nfl. and they prove it repeatedly while people somehow find a way to rationalize it. addition by subtraction on a team this devoid of talent? no way.

Edited by birdog1960