Bulldog (WGR) is losing his sh_t :D

The afternoon team of Schoop and Bulldog are a joke. Schoop doesn't know and doesn't care about football or the Bills. (He likes tennis.) All he really wants to do is rant about how the Bills organization doesn't care about winning. I don't buy that, and so it pisses me off when that is all Schoop says. It is the preseason. Don't pull me down. Grade out players; talk about schemes. In December, if and when the Bills are out of it, they can B word. Wilson may not want to spend too much money, but he does spend some money (Dockery anyone?), and I think NIx and Gailey want to win. Plus the players want to win, and I sure as hell want to win.

As for Evans, Chris Brown was on WHTK with DiTullio today. (I refuse to listen to Schoop anymore.) He said the Bills might, might get a 4th for Evans. Who would be happy with that, he asked. He said Evans has had two down years and is too one dimensional (deep ball). The team wants to work him underneath more. I think Evans has made a LOT of money running fly routes and not taking hits. He is quiet and does that one thing well. He does need to step up, but I don't see the Bills moving Evans.

If Evans was rated strictly on his performance the last two years, he would not start over Nelson or Parrish.

He drops too many balls, and doesn't fight for them when he's covered. Since he also has seemingly lost a step, he doesn't get open as often as he used to, so he doesn't really bring a whole lot to the table any more to justify keeping the newer guys off the field.

All the prior talk about him needing help to not be double-covered just isn't real - not anymore at least. He hasn't been the best WR on the team for two years now.

Meh.

Bulldogs been frothing for two full days now. Glad they can talk football for a change, but two days of focusing on Evans and Bulldog ranting and nothing else? I realize there was no practice yeterday and they practice tonight but there are still other things to talk about. Will Ralph ever make another game in person? The Sabres and their OFF season. Or maybe their dvd collections just for example.

Maybe they could talk about what Stache is bringing so far in teaching technique and how that interaction with Edwards is going. Hell I dunno, maybe even start a QB controversy! :w00t:

Dickerson was actually pretty good at first, then he started to like himself a bit too much. From then on, he was on a mission to pick a player and trash him up and down, as well as continually hate on management. Doing this caused his ratings to soar, so he kept it up.

Bulldog was pretty good waaaay back when he was on WBEN. He's also pretty good when Schopp isn't on. Schopp drags him down, no doubt about it. I personally don't mind if they go off on occasional tangents, but they do so far too often.

As far as the general hating on the Bills, all I can say is that there hasn't been much positive to talk about over the last DECADE or so, so I can cut a little slack on that. After all, they have to talk about a generally crappy team daily from training camp until the season ends, and then around draft time. Until this year, they've also had to watch guys like Maybin, Whitner, and McCargo make up your first round picks. How positive can you be under those circumstances?

Edited by johnnychemo

I only heard some of this, but it's one of the few times I've heard Schopp and Bulldog disagree on something. Because they don't make these contrived disagreements like most host teams do, I pretty sure it was legit.

Bulldog mentioned Lee Evans for a 5th rounder. Not sure if he was just throwing that around as an example, but that would be a horrible trade. Like he said, if you're trading a leader like Evans at this time of the year, you better get somebody who can play now, and not a draft pick who can be the next Ed Wang.

I heard it...and I pretty much agree with everything he said... :thumbsup:

What gets me, is the smugness of the GM, and so many of the cheerleader fans, who act as if the critical fans amongst us are off base, because, "you know, the Bills have been doing this for years, and just winning one division title after another, posting 10+ wins every year..." The apathy that has settled in amongst so many (cloaking themselves in the garb of "real fans") is alarming.

We signed Brad Smith and Buster Davis...goodbye Lee Evans! If this trade goes down, Buddy Nix moves another notch down on my list...I want a !@#$ing football team that wants to win...one that is going to put their best foot forward even when they are overmatched. Not one that is perpetually worried about what they will have to pay in the future, at the expense of wins. It seems that demented logic that teams shoule try to lose as many games as possible, to ensure a higher draft pick is permiating the franchise...

Where do you see "smugness" in Buddy Nix? That's a very curious statement, and this entire post is completely "off base." I haven't seen one fan "blindly" supporting this organization -- I've seen plenty of folks (myself included) willing to give them more than one season of putting a plan in place before calling for more heads. I also see people trying to see potential positives rather than always focusing on the negatives. All of you "realists" are so freaking upset about something you can't control, and can't possibly imagine anyone would choose to be optimistic rather than "cloaking themselves" in misery.

There is absolutely NO evidence to suggest this organization, or any other, believes that losing games to obtain a higher draft pick is a legitimate strategy. You read a trade rumor and automatically assume the Bills are going to trade Evans, without knowing ANYTHING about what's going on within the organization. That's insane.

Discussion of who is a "real fan" is ridiculous. If you love and watch the team, you're a fan. Period. We have two strong groups of fans on this board, and each clearly despises the other's mentality and focus. I see no apathy.

Wow, eball, quite the rant! I agree with most of what your saying, with one exception: I'm clearly on one side of the fan base and don't care for the other, but I like Buftex..

Am I schizophrenic?:unsure: Does this make me a Bills fan with 'Special Needs'?:huh:

Just happened to flip on WGR today. I haven't listened in a while, and was hoping to hear about training camp. I know, I know, that's usually too much to ask, when there are things like "which movie is the funniest" to talk about. :lol:

However, my expectations were absolutely wrong given what I just heard. Bulldog was literally screaming into the mike. :lol: Hope everybody in the studio has a raincoat. Demanding that the Bills try to win, that they not trade away 1 of 2 proven WRs, as having 2 is "how you win". Demanding that this team try to win "before my kids are in college". :D

This is the polar opposite of these guys usual shtick = "we are above all this, let's talk soccer or baseball". Finally, we are getting what we are supposed to get out of our local am sports radio station. As some of you know I have lived a lot of places, and am on the road as a rule. Finally, today, WGR is acting like the other sports radio stations in other cities I have been.

No more enabling. They need to get on the Bills organization, and spend 3 hours a day on them, until we see some goddamned movement from this team. What is their job other than holding the teams in the area accountable?. Spare me the crap until they do job #1.

He's still going off right after the commercial break....awesome!

Heard Chris go off also. My co-worker and I were waiting for him to punch a wall or mikey!

I'd take Chuck Dickerson back on the air in a heartbeat over Dumb and Dumber any day (anyone catch the irony :) ). Dickerson was actually very knowledgeable on the game where you can learn about a players technique (what he is doing correct or worng), coaching, strategy etc. Dumb and dumber have no knowledge of football.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Schopp and The Bulldog doesn't know Sh*t about football. If I could I would tear out their lungs with a rusty pocket knife from 1945 I found digging a hole in the sand of Lake Erie. I think anybody who doesn't see where this team is going should get the same treatment. Quit b!tch!ng. This team is going up not down you morons.

Why use a rusty knife? If you tore their lungs out I don't think infection would be an issue.

And yes, anyone who doesn't GET IT that the Bills know what they are doing MUST be a moron... I mean, look at all the success and results...

LOL