Bulldog (WGR) is losing his sh_t :D

Just happened to flip on WGR today. I haven't listened in a while, and was hoping to hear about training camp. I know, I know, that's usually too much to ask, when there are things like "which movie is the funniest" to talk about. :lol:

However, my expectations were absolutely wrong given what I just heard. Bulldog was literally screaming into the mike. :lol: Hope everybody in the studio has a raincoat. Demanding that the Bills try to win, that they not trade away 1 of 2 proven WRs, as having 2 is "how you win". Demanding that this team try to win "before my kids are in college". :D

This is the polar opposite of these guys usual shtick = "we are above all this, let's talk soccer or baseball". Finally, we are getting what we are supposed to get out of our local am sports radio station. As some of you know I have lived a lot of places, and am on the road as a rule. Finally, today, WGR is acting like the other sports radio stations in other cities I have been.

No more enabling. They need to get on the Bills organization, and spend 3 hours a day on them, until we see some goddamned movement from this team. What is their job other than holding the teams in the area accountable?. Spare me the crap until they do job #1.

He's still going off right after the commercial break....awesome!

Just happened to flip on WGR today. I haven't listened in a while, and was hoping to hear about training camp. I know, I know, that's usually too much to ask, when there are things like "which movie is the funniest" to talk about. :lol:

However, my expectations were absolutely wrong given what I just heard. Bulldog was literally screaming into the mike. :lol: Hope everybody in the studio has a raincoat. Demanding that the Bills try to win, that they not trade away 1 of 2 proven WRs, as having 2 is "how you win". Demanding that this team try to win "before my kids are in college". :D

This is the polar opposite of these guys usual shtick = "we are above all this, let's talk soccer or baseball". Finally, we are getting what we are supposed to get out of our local am sports radio station. As some of you know I have lived a lot of places, and am on the road as a rule. Finally, today, WGR is acting like the other sports radio stations in other cities I have been.

No more enabling. They need to get on the Bills organization, and spend 3 hours a day on them, until we see some goddamned movement from this team. What is their job other than holding the teams in the area accountable?. Spare me the crap until they do job #1.

He's still going off right after the commercial break....awesome!

I heard it...and I pretty much agree with everything he said... :thumbsup:

What gets me, is the smugness of the GM, and so many of the cheerleader fans, who act as if the critical fans amongst us are off base, because, "you know, the Bills have been doing this for years, and just winning one division title after another, posting 10+ wins every year..." The apathy that has settled in amongst so many (cloaking themselves in the garb of "real fans") is alarming.

We signed Brad Smith and Buster Davis...goodbye Lee Evans! If this trade goes down, Buddy Nix moves another notch down on my list...I want a !@#$ing football team that wants to win...one that is going to put their best foot forward even when they are overmatched. Not one that is perpetually worried about what they will have to pay in the future, at the expense of wins. It seems that demented logic that teams shoule try to lose as many games as possible, to ensure a higher draft pick is permiating the franchise...

Edited by Buftex

CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE! I DEMANDS IT NOW!

WGR turning into this board..is an iffy improvement

Beats the hell out of "the funniest movie draft". Beats the hell out of saying "well, they lost me 5 years ago, so we're not going to talk about it".

How does this not make for killer ratings for them? I don't want Colin Cowherd/Skip Bayless inaccurate nonsense. I want analysis about the teams I love for at least 2 of 3 hours a day.

I heard it...and I pretty much agree with everything he said... :thumbsup:

All: when Buftex and I actually agree on something, the rest of you are screwed :D

Schopp and The Bulldog doesn't know Sh*t about football. If I could I would tear out their lungs with a rusty pocket knife from 1945 I found digging a hole in the sand of Lake Erie. I think anybody who doesn't see where this team is going should get the same treatment. Quit b!tch!ng. This team is going up not down you morons.

Edited by DukeyBomb

CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE! I DEMANDS IT NOW!

WGR turning into this board..is an iffy improvement

That what was last nights coverage distilled into two sentences.

"I want to see them make SOME moves." They never elaborated on what moves, but they agreed some moves involving dishing Lee should be made. I'm not sure when change became inherently good, but that seems to be the common sentiment in sports and politics. People forget that things can change for the worse, which is almost always the case when you make decisions without some logical reason.

Schopp and The Bulldog doesn't know Sh*t about football. If I could I would tear out their lungs with a rusty pocket knife from 1945 I found digging a hole in the sand of Lake Erie. I think anybody who doesn't see where this team is going should get the same treatment. Quit b!tch!ng. This team is going up not down you morons.

Tell us more about the knife

Schopp and The Bulldog doesn't know **** about football. If I could I would tear out their lungs with a rusty pocket knife from 1945 I found digging a hole in the sand of Lake Erie. I think anybody who doesn't see where this team is going should get the same treatment. Quit b!tch!ng. This team is going up not down you morons.

Perhaps. I am talking about passion, and doing their jobs, not necessarily being right. Bulldog can back up what he is saying here with fact. Conversely Schopp is for the Evans trade, and even he has found a way to get from A to B to C rationally.

This beats the hell out of the usual: where all we have to look forward to is the news guy telling us the facts, and Paul Hamilton.

Look: everybody who's been here awhile know I not very friendly with the sports media in general, and I hammer WGR normally. However, I am not a turd. When they do something right, I am the first to give credit. This show feels right to me so far, in fact I can't remember the last time I was this pleased with WGR...we'll see...

Perhaps. I am talking about passion, and doing their jobs, not necessarily being right. Bulldog can back up what he is saying here with fact. Conversely Schopp is for the Evans trade, and even he has found a way to get from A to B to C rationally.

This beats the hell out of the usual: where all we have to look forward to is the news guy telling us the facts, and Paul Hamilton.

Look: everybody who's been here awhile know I not very friendly with the sports media in general, and I hammer WGR normally. However, I am not a turd. When they do something right, I am the first to give credit. This show feels right to me so far, in fact I can't remember the last time I was this pleased with WGR...we'll see...

Agreed. I would much rather disagree with WGR's coverage of football than discuss whether or not Dumb & Dumber is a number one draft pick. Its total BS that Groundhog Day didn't go higher. Low brow hacks.

I am from New Jersey and this baffles me. I keep hearing that this station refuses to talk about the Bills or that their Bills talk is brief and horrendous.

Yet Buffalo only has 2 major sports teams The Sabers and The Bills. Why would they refuse to talk or take seriously the Bills? Its half the material they have to work with? If I was that stations programmer I would command my personalities to talk about the Bills all the damm time.

My local stations talk about most of the 9 local sports teams even briefly. Its sad that a towns station can't or doesn't want to talk about one of the two major teams they have.

I am from New Jersey and this baffles me. I keep hearing that this station refuses to talk about the Bills or that their Bills talk is brief and horrendous.

Yet Buffalo only has 2 major sports teams The Sabers and The Bills. Why would they refuse to talk or take seriously the Bills? Its half the material they have to work with? If I was that stations programmer I would command my personalities to talk about the Bills all the damm time.

My local stations talk about most of the 9 local sports teams even briefly. Its sad that a towns station can't or doesn't want to talk about one of the two major teams they have.

The want to come at it from a subversive angle. They're taking their chances on being the anti-fan. I think it stems from how the Bills Org. slams doors in the media's face regularly.

I think they talk about the Bills plenty, but people here, being primarily Bills fans, and many not caring for hockey, don't seem to like the idea that the Sabres are as relevant as the Bills. I get that, if I wasn't born and raised in Buffalo, I might not care about the Sabres...but, it is a business. The Sabres are their bread and butter, their season runs almost twice as long, and there are about 75 more Sabres games a year than Bills games, so yeah, they cover them a bit more. GR and the Bills, from what I understand, have had a strained relationship since the Tom Donohoe days.

I am not saying GR is great (I can't stand Jeremy WTF is his name in the morning), but I live in a college sports town (Ausitin) and the local sports talk is every bit as bad, if not worse...I often just listened to the archived stuff GR has, all the interviews and things, and it makes it more tollerable.

Beats the hell out of "the funniest movie draft". Beats the hell out of saying "well, they lost me 5 years ago, so we're not going to talk about it".

How does this not make for killer ratings for them? I don't want Colin Cowherd/Skip Bayless inaccurate nonsense. I want analysis about the teams I love for at least 2 of 3 hours a day.

All: when Buftex and I actually agree on something, the rest of you are screwed :D

It does feel like the end times sometimes, huh? :lol:

Edited by Buftex

Apparently we've forgotten about Coach Dickerson. We had a guy that was on the air for 3 hours every day bitching about the player du jour. All he managed to do was drive some quality players out of the area.

I'm not say a local station can't be negative but that shouldn't be their sole motive!

Apparently we've forgotten about Coach Dickerson. We had a guy that was on the air for 3 hours every day bitching about the player du jour. All he managed to do was drive some quality players out of the area.

I'm not say a local station can't be negative but that shouldn't be their sole motive!

I'm with you on that, but only a little. The difference is: Dickerson was being negative...when the Bills were good, and therefore he was usually wrong. Dickerson was doing that to get ratings, and it was phony as hell. His whole thing was about trying to get back at them for firing him.

There's nothing wrong with being negative if there's clearly something to be negative about. How great would it be if we were back to Dickerson splitting hairs on whether we made the right move with a backup linebacker?

Thing I liked about Dickerson (and I agree he was a blowhard with an ax to grind), he was, maybe, the only guy on Buffalo sports radio who knew the game...not the teams, but the game, and his observations about the games themselves, were invaluable.

Finally, today, WGR is acting like the other sports radio stations in other cities I have been.

You mean they suck, but just less so than normal?

When radio guys "demand" anything, you know they're getting desperate for listeners.

Lee Evans is like a lot of our highly drafted over the last decade. He's never really lived up to the top billing. Has he been the best of the bunch? Absolutely and by a wide margin! However, and for whatever the reasons why, he has never been a top 5 bring it each and every game #1 guy.

Evans is a gem of a guy and a very good Bill on the field and off, but the Bills would do well to get a good draft pick for him and break the log jam of young WR talent on the team. I think it'd be a win win for both clubs.