Do we really need Lee Evans?

They should move him already.He isnt going to help our team.He hasnt made a difference in the past and certainly wont now.Tweek the line,get a legit QB,cut a little more of the fat and then we have a legitimate team.

I disagree a well. He will definitely help our team. Do you think Nelson, jones, Roscoe and the rest of the guys (minus Stevie) are better than lee? I think they have good upside, and may be better 2-3 years down the road, but definitely not right now. Evans is our set deep threat and will always command some safety attention.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should keep him. He opens up the field for everyone. We all know that. I believe the reasoning for his trade or release would strictly have to do with our younger guys that need pt in order to develop. Stevie, Nelson, smith,jones and Roosevelt would benefit from evans' departure. If chan and buddy think they all have a chance to be big contributors, the move makes sense from a rebuilding standpoint. Get the kids in the game and see what they can do. If they don't produce, get rid of them. Of they never get a chance, they'll never know what they have. I just put 100 on them to win the SB at 100-1, so I hope they keep him. If they make the playoffs, I'm guaranteed 2k. Unlikely, yes, but I'm starting to think we have a chance to squeeze in there. Injuries will be the determining factor. Sure hope merriman can do the unthinkable, stay healthy.

Back to lee. Keeping him will make us a better team this year. Moving him should improve us down the road.

You are one billion percent correct. Remember the year that Peerless Price had with Eric Moulds on the other side drawing most of the attention? Then remember what happened when he got big money in Atlanta to be the #1 guy and found out it was a little tougher (OK a lot tougher), to the be the #1? Well, get rid of Evans and the same will be true about Stevie "Stonehands" Johnson, he will find out that he is an excellent #2 with someone with speed and gets respect from defenses on the other side of the offense, but won't cut it as a sole #1 with no protection on the other side.

Why keep him at all? Nicks says he's gonna upgrade at every position and it doesn't matter who.I can name at least three young receivers on our team who are better than him,but Nicks is the guy who went after thigpen.What an upgrade.I guess i'm just frustrated.

Hakeem Nicks? He's leaving the Giants? If you can name 3 players on our roster that should take his place please do. You can't use Steve Johnson because he is already the #1.

Not everyone likes Thigpen, but all this guy has done is impress me every time he starts. On a team with a lot less weapons than the Bills at the time, Thigpen had a terrific partial season for KC with Chan Gailey. I think he played 1 game for the fins, and threw a couple of TD's. Plus he's a backup (for now, with the way our o-line is going it is almost certain he will become the starter at some point). Compared to Brohm, Thigpen is an absolute stud. So yeah, it was an upgrade.

Evans would thrive in the Ravens' offense. Let's hope if the Bills are seriously considering a trade, they'll insist on a heavy price.

I was thinking the same thing, it would be a great fit for him. I think the Bills could still use his speed, but if we could get good value for him it might be ok. We do have a lot of depth at WR, just not sure how many could pull of starting.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Just curious. Is he the only Bill left on the roster from the Donahoe/Mularki era?

Who's Mularki?

And no he's not. Moorman is still around and so is Lindell, and so is Kelsay, and McGee, and Parrish.

Edited by DreReed83

Who's Mularki?

And no he's not. Moorman is still around and so is Lindell, and so is Kelsay, and McGee, and Parrish.

McGee might be the best pick we've made in the last 10 years in terms of value (Maybe Peters)....Too bad he can't stay healthy.

Sorry off topic, just a rare thing when you see a guy drafted a while ago that over performed for us...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

McGee might be the best pick we've made in the last 10 years in terms of value (Maybe Peters)....Too bad he can't stay healthy.

Sorry off topic, just a rare thing when you see a guy drafted a while ago that over performed for us...

A certain rolling ball of butcher knives would disagree...as would his fans.

Peters wasn't even a draft pick, he was an undrafted free agent. I would have to say that Schobel was a more productive pick in the last 10 years (2001) then McGee, although with the poor draft history of this franchise over the past decade, McGee was one of the better picks.

I'd give that honor to Kyle Williams personally. McGee and Johnson right up there with him. Due to Fred not even being drafted, he's not "eligible". Who's Jason Peters anyway? Oh yeah, the guy we traded for eric wood.

Peters wasn't even a draft pick, he was an undrafted free agent. I would have to say that Schobel was a more productive pick in the last 10 years (2001) then McGee, although with the poor draft history of this franchise over the past decade, McGee was one of the better picks.

:oops:

Yeah I'm off today, don't know why I was thinking 7th. I certainly can't argue against KW either. My overall point was that when I saw his name from that era I thought, wow that was one draft pick that actually provided long term benefit. Not just his CB skills, but he was a bad A $$ returner too

Edited by Turbosrrgood