Terrelle Pryor

How can anybody say he sucks when he hasn't even played a down in the NFL? Thats like a blind mouse eating sh*t but saying its cheese. Give the kid a chance geez...

Wouldn't it be more like a blind mouse eating cheese and saying it's sh*t? Or do blind mice actually prefer the taste of sh*t to the taste of cheese?

Or are you maybe saying that cheesehead Green Bay quarterbacks suck so bad, that cheese ranks below sh*t on your evaluation scale? In which case you might think that Pryor has been inaccurately labeled as lowly cheese, when he should actually be evaluated, after eventually playing in the NFL, as sh*t?

Seems to me like you're discriminating against handicapped mice by assuming that just because a mouse is blind, he can't smell very well. Then again, biology was never my strong suit.

I'm confused - - help me out here.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the fact that we have 2 4th round picks, I would definately draft him. I'd rather have Prior as a third string over Levi Brown. Yes, Prior does have issues but so did Vick. I say, draft him and thn see what Gaily dos with him. Now is the time to determine who could be our QB of the future. One thing is for sure, Fitzy is not.

I don't like Pryor's throwing motion. It's obvious he cannot make the right decisions off of the field, so how is he going to make the right calls in front of 70,000 people on Sundays? He is however, a great athlete. Similair to a Vince Young or Cam Newton but they are much more talented NFL players.

Dude played in front of 100,000 in college and how can you say that Cam Newton is a much more talented NFL player when he hasn't played a single regular season game yet?

Take a chance on him in the 4th. If QB doesn't work out why not try him at TE? He has the size for it.

I don't know why everyone thinks he is such a bum. So he sold some items for some extra cash and tats, who cares? Do you really think there is a single elite college football player that hasn't bent the rules?

If you look at how he looked in his first and second season compared to last year you would see a lot of development in decision making, accuracy, and leadership.

I think it's worth taking a chance.

Edited by Mark80

Draft Pryor in the 3rd round you have nothing to lose.. Let him sit out his suspension and have him watch until next season.. Besides in the 2012 draft we have 2 4th round picks in we want to trade up. in the 2012 draft we need to use the first 3-4 picks on the OL. I'm hearing the same clutter that they said about Cam Newton..Look we wasted a 2nd rounder on Hardy and he was a bust a 3rd will only cost us a 3rd in 2012.. Take the risk..

Please stop! We've wasted enough picks on guys like Hardy, Maybin, McCargo, Losman, Williams, Flowers, etc. That 3 rnd pick could be are future RT, TE, or OLB.

Only if he wants to play WR. 6'5", 230#s, 4.4 speed, and he had a sick jump ball catch as a frosh in their bowl game. He looks like Calvin Johnson just hope he can be half as good and its a winner. And Im sure less than a 3rd would do. Maybe 5-8 teams are going to consider this kid at all.

Im also interested in that Tackle if he is any good (i have no idea)

What tackle?

QG - smartest position on the field, and you want to draft a QB that knew he was a full boat scholarship and might actually need a job after the NFL, and then participated in selling stuff, that he was not smart enough to know the rules.

Only if he wants to play WR. 6'5", 230#s, 4.4 speed, and he had a sick jump ball catch as a frosh in their bowl game. He looks like Calvin Johnson just hope he can be half as good and its a winner. And Im sure less than a 3rd would do. Maybe 5-8 teams are going to consider this kid at all.

Im also interested in that Tackle if he is any good (i have no idea)

What Tackle? Players eligible

In addition to former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor, five other players were ruled eligible for the 2011 NFL supplemental draft. The following players were also ruled eligible for the draft: Western Carolina DB Torez Jones, Georgia RB Caleb King, Lindenwood DE Keenan Mace, North Carolina DE Mike McAdoo and Northern Illinois DB Tracy Wilson.

The Bills should not take Pryor. He was an average at best college QB. Ohio St. had a lot of games that were close into the 4th Quarter because their defense kept them in the game. Then Pryor would finally make a couple of plays and that's all you would see on Sports Center. The kid also is obviously not a team player -- getting his college into major trouble and then throwing them farther under the bus while trying to get into the supplemental. No value at any round with this kid. Needs a ton of development. Not the kind of person you want in the locker room.

Pryor needs to go somewhere like NE, Jets or Baltimore. He is an immature, entitled baby who needs a strong lockeroom to straighten him out.

Not to mention that he WILL NEVER BE A PRO QB. His accuracy is awful and his biggest plays through the air were usually him running around and finding a guy wide open. He's a terrible leader too.

If he'd be willing to go rigt to WR/TE I think he'd be a good fit in this offense in the slot but that's what we have Nelson for. No shot Nix takes him.

Dude played in front of 100,000 in college and how can you say that Cam Newton is a much more talented NFL player when he hasn't played a single regular season game yet?

Take a chance on him in the 4th. If QB doesn't work out why not try him at TE? He has the size for it.

I don't know why everyone thinks he is such a bum. So he sold some items for some extra cash and tats, who cares? Do you really think there is a single elite college football player that hasn't bent the rules?

If you look at how he looked in his first and second season compared to last year you would see a lot of development in decision making, accuracy, and leadership.

I think it's worth taking a chance.

Cam Newton is a much more talented QB than pryor. He has a better arm, throwing motion, accuracy, running ability, vision and leadership. The only thing pryor has on newton is the fact that he played at osu, who's offense is a little more complicated than auburn.

It's easy to say "how can newton be a better NFL qb?" when neither has played an NFL game. You could say the same comparing Pryor to yourself. Or is it because they are both black qbs that can run? Watch the game tape and you can see who the better and more polished qb is. There's a reason newton was drafted #1 overall and pryor won't be chosen with a 1st in the supplemental draft. And it's not a 5 game suspension.

So you would cut Roosevelt or Easley or Moats or someone like that to keep a #4 QB that will never see the field this year? WR and LB are pretty much the only positions we could afford. We may only keep two TE already because we have no room. And we're already going to have to cut a WR and LB we like, even without Pryor. There is just no room for him because of Thigpen and Brad Smith

That's definitely the problem with drafting him. If I were the coach, i wouldn't draft him. I don't think he's gonna be a good NFL player. I don't think any qb (or player for that matter) drafted in the 6th or 7th has a very good chance of being a good NFL player. They're all projects that most likely won't contribute much, if at all, in the their first season.

I'll let chan make the decision on who to cut if he wants to take Pryor. It'll be a tough choice for sure.

Cam Newton is a much more talented QB than pryor. He has a better arm, throwing motion, accuracy, running ability, vision and leadership. The only thing pryor has on newton is the fact that he played at osu, who's offense is a little more complicated than auburn.

It's easy to say "how can newton be a better NFL qb?" when neither has played an NFL game. You could say the same comparing Pryor to yourself. Or is it because they are both black qbs that can run? Watch the game tape and you can see who the better and more polished qb is. There's a reason newton was drafted #1 overall and pryor won't be chosen with a 1st in the supplemental draft. And it's not a 5 game suspension.

That's definitely the problem with drafting him. If I were the coach, i wouldn't draft him. I don't think he's gonna be a good NFL player. I don't think any qb (or player for that matter) drafted in the 6th or 7th has a very good chance of being a good NFL player. They're all projects that most likely won't contribute much, if at all, in the their first season.

I'll let chan make the decision on who to cut if he wants to take Pryor. It'll be a tough choice for sure.

Cam's stats last year: 2854 yds, 30/7, 66.1% comp. 1473 yds rushing, 20TDs, 5.6 avg.

Pryor's stats last year: 2772 yds, 27/11, 65% comp. 754 yds rushing, 4 TDs, 5.6 avg.

Both large, athletic, and fast QBs with strong arms.

Obviously Cam ran the ball a lot more than Pryor did but they had the same average per carry, basically the same completion percentage and passing yards, and the TD/INTs are not really that far off. Giving Pryor's progession from 2009 to 2010 where his passer rating rose from 128.9 to 157.9 it is very conceivable that he would come even closer to Cam's numbers (or even exceed them in the passing game).

Now, the Big 10 is certainly not the SEC, no question, but to say they are being compared to one another because they are "black QBs that can run" is a pretty stupid comment (only brought up by you).

With a solid season this year, it is very likely that Prior could have played himself into the first round of next year's draft (same as Cam did this year). I still feel a 4th is a good safe pick to risk. Do we really need Levi Brown on the roster?

Edited by Mark80

There are a number of guys in the league w/ similar "athletic gifts." He's useless. If he could somehow put on 20lbs while keeping his 40 time, learn to block/be physical (which is almost impossible for a guy like that to learn), and learn run routes...he could be a great TE. But that's a LOT of learning. And he doesn't strike me as a learner.

Not a learner.....lol...good line

I'm sure Pryor got a free ride, but a lot of these guys do not.

No actually pretty much all of them do. Each major college program gets 85 FULL RIDE

scholarships to give out....so if you have about 50 or so players that actually see

the field every Saturday that leaves around 35 bench warmers that get a free

$100,000 + ride to college.

With that being said though it is tough for the kids who play by the rules and arent

even allowed to get a job at McDonalds so they can have some spending cash while at

school. It would be nice to see the NCAA come up with some sensible rule changes to

allow some sort of strictly regulated employment opportunities for the student/athlete

and at the same time put some real teeth into enforcing rules against the "abusers".

Sorry to fly off topic......but Ill right myself.

We dont need Pryor......he simply cant throw the football accurately

If he'd be willing to go rigt to WR/TE I think he'd be a good fit in this offense in the slot but that's what we have Nelson for.

That'd be all well and good but the guy is scared of his own shadow. I can't count how many times I've seen him jump OB in front of a firstdown stick to avoid contact.

Unless he wants to hold for kicks, I don't think there's a place for him in the NFL.

please don't bring him in buffalo!

Former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor is holding his pro day workout Saturday in front of 14 NFL teams at a high school field in Hempfield, Pa.

NFL Network’s Albert Breer reports the teams in attendance are the 49ers, Bills, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Lions, Raiders, Redskins, Saints and Steelers.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Tomlin are present, according to Breer, as is former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel.

Pryor had to postpone his scheduled pro day until he was granted eligibility for the NFL supplemental draft, which will take place on Monday.

While the Colts are getting a closer look, owner Jim Irsay let it be known the team won’t be using a draft pick on Pryor in a Twitter update he posted Saturday.