[closed]Converting Maybin to TE

amgouldi

I was wondering if Maybin continues to be a non-factor on D if Chan should try and convert him to TE. He's fast and has the perfect body type for it. The questions would be can he catch? How effective could he be as a run blocker? I definitely think it would be something worth looking into. He'd be a little slimmer Antonio Gates type, which Nelson was supposed to be, but can't stay healthy. Thoughts?

I was wondering if Maybin continues to be a non-factor on D if Chan should try and convert him to TE. He's fast and has the perfect body type for it. The questions would be can he catch? How effective could he be as a run blocker? I definitely think it would be something worth looking into. He'd be a little slimmer Antonio Gates type, which Nelson was supposed to be, but can't stay healthy. Thoughts?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life, son.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about as a ss? All of the body comparisons show him to be along those lines. He would actually have size for the position.

Now I have no idea what his cover skills would be as d line to secondary is a long way away but just a thought. It prob won't be long before he's on the scrap heap anyway so why not give him every chance to be succesful.

Maybin doesn't have the size to be an effective LB. What makes anyone think he could put on the size (which would be the same if not more than to be a LB) to be a TE? If he can't learn to disengage and diagnose plays on defense, what makes anyone think he'll be able to learn to block and run routes on offense?

Hopefully after maybin gets cut, these threads will stop getting made every week. Maybin as a wr? the guy has never run a route in his life, hasn't even attempted to catch a football in college or the pros.... and people want to cut one of our good WR prospects just becasue maybin's size matches with a wr?

But this thread about him being a tightend is crazy talk. He can't tackle a QB, so logic says he can block and protect a QB? People are crazy.

How about we do something unthinkable. How about we play players based on talent and not just on their size.

Yes, according to some textbooks.

He's got a better chance of being converted into Trent Edwards than an NFL caliber tight end. :doh:

He has more or less the right size to be a safety. Unfortunately, he was drafted as a defensive end. I'd be surprised if he could learn how to play safety and don't expect to see the Bills try to find out if he could do it.

I'd much rather see his roster spot (or McCargo's for that matter) wasted on Jasper. At least he is the right size and might be able to learn his projected position.