Ten Reasons the Bills Won't Suck in 2011

Ten Reasons Why the Bills Won’t Suck this Year

1. Dareus

2. Fitz is better prepared for this season than any in his life.

3. Edwards will get better. No one excels their first time doing something. But with Sanders and Wannstedt to mentor him, Edwards will run a better ‘D’ this year.

4. Merriman is healthy.

5. The veterans now understand Gailey’s offense and will execute better.

6. Our new S&C coaches will make a difference. The Bills will not be ravaged by injuries this year.

7. Younger players are reaching their potential. Wood, Levitre, Bell, Spiller, Moats, et al will be more productive.

8. Gailey has lots of weapons (Smith, Parrish, Spiller, Evans) and will find better ways to use them.

9. Fewer defensive players are now playing out of position as we transition to 3-4/hybrid.

10. Cosmic karmic forces will finally give us long-suffering Bills fans some relief.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about your #10, but the rest seem dead on. I might replace #10 with this: that the Bills, from the FO, through the scouts, down to the coaches, appear to have a very clear idea of what sort of team they want, and the type of players they need for that team. For the first time since the John Butler era, they look like they know what they're all about. There's a plan and a strategy in place. Imagine that, knowing what you're doing. Wow!

1. Dareus

3. Edwards will get better. No one excels their first time doing something. But with Sanders and Wannstedt to mentor him, Edwards will run a better ‘D’ this year.

4. Merriman is healthy.

6. Our new S&C coaches will make a difference. The Bills will not be ravaged by injuries this year.

7. Younger players are reaching their potential. Wood, Levitre, Bell, Spiller, Moats, et al will be more productive.

8. Gailey has lots of weapons (Smith, Parrish, Spiller, Evans) and will find better ways to use them.

9. Fewer defensive players are now playing out of position as we transition to 3-4/hybrid.

10. Cosmic karmic forces will finally give us long-suffering Bills fans some relief.

We should improve for the reasons you state. We need to start winning games in our division. It will be hard to place any higher than 3rd in our division unless the Jets have a melt down.

Can I do a list too?

10. Thigpen is a pistol who's ready to fire (no apologies, it's right there on the front page)

9. Whitner is addition by subtraction (we won't have to read his twitter comments on TBD all the time)

8. CJ will slow down and be able to hit the hole (TWSS anyway)

7. Kelsey didn't get another extension even though we are 20M under the cap still

6. Maybin will lose so much weight, his roster spot won't count

5. Whitner did't go to the Bungles

4. Blue end zones look more inviting

3. Darryl Talley is back with the team

2. Dareus set to carry big load (head lines crack me up)

1. Ralph is still cheap

We should improve for the reasons you state. We need to start winning games in our division. It will be hard to place any higher than 3rd in our division unless the Jets have a melt down.

the only thing more disheartening than the constant pessimism of bills fans, is our apparent eternal optimism for the jets franchise.

they suck.

i dont care if they've been to 2 straight conference title games.

the class of the afc is the steelers, patriots, and ravens. other than that, it's wide open.

it's unfortunate that the ravens and steelers are in the same division, but when you put us up against the other teams that will be fighting for the final wild card spot, you gotta like our odds. i think the jets have a better chance of finishing 4-12 than the bills, tbh.

9. Whitner is addition by subtraction (we won't have to read his twitter comments on TBD all the time)

Im sure we will still have to hear Whitner's twitter comments on this board. Some people wont allow him to go away.

the only thing more disheartening than the constant pessimism of bills fans, is our apparent eternal optimism for the jets franchise.

they suck.

the class of the afc is the steelers, patriots, and ravens. other than that, it's wide open.

it's unfortunate that the ravens and steelers are in the same division, but when you put us up against the other teams that will be fighting for the final wild card spot, you gotta like our odds. i think the jets have a better chance of finishing 4-12 than the bills, tbh.

:thumbsup:

out of all the assumptions I really hope #6 comes true! Just one season can we end the season with the same starting o-line? It would be nice to actully be able to evaluate the talent we have before it ends up on IR. So here's hoping for at minimum #6 comes true! :beer:

they suck.

The Jets are extremely overrated, it's amazing how the entire media never admitted at how lucky the Jets were last season. They could easily have lost 4 or 5 games that went their way, last season.

Having said that, I disagree with you when you say the Jets could finish 4-12. I think 8-8 is more likely. The Jets defense is a real strength and that's what keeps them in games, it's the offense that is questionable.

I do agree that the Jets are not an elite team, and I think everyone will see that this year.

The Jets are extremely overrated, it's amazing how the entire media never admitted at how lucky the Jets were last season. They could easily have lost 4 or 5 games that went their way, last season.

Having said that, I disagree with you when you say the Jets could finish 4-12. I think 8-8 is more likely. The Jets defense is a real strength and that's what keeps them in games, it's the offense that is questionable.

I do agree that the Jets are not an elite team, and I think everyone will see that this year.

I agree. And Miami is a mess (they tried and failed to replace both the coach and the starting QB in the off-season). If the Bills are as improved as I think they will be, then both of these teams are beatable. If the Bills pull that off, that leaves NE as the remaining nemesis in the division. I don't yet have an opinion on how the Bills will measure up against the Pats but it seems to me that they are an aging team, Brady included. Plus the defense the Bills are building seems tailor-made to make Brady's life miserable.

It is not out of the realm of possibility, with a break here and lucky bounce there, that the Bills win their division. Now wouldn't that be nice?

I'll buy #10.

I chalk #10 as to why the Pittsburgh Pirates and Cleveland Indians are good this year in MLB. Why the Mavericks beat the Heat in the NBA.

It's got to be bored cosmic forces, man.

And...the statute of limitations has officially run out on the Music City Miracle.

1. Dareus

4. Merriman is healthy.

The most likely and logical reason is certainly the "cosmic forces". The Patriots have Brady, but we have the cosmic forces!!!!

You guys do know that you have to win out your divisional games to be a successful teams right? Going 1-5 or 2-4 every year against divisional opponents doesn't help. So until we go 5-1 or 4-2 against the Jets, Pats and Fins, we ain't goin nowhere.

1. Dareus

4. Merriman is healthy.

Better include Fred Jackson & Steve Johnson in with number 8.

they suck.

Indianapolis should be included, especially ahead of the Pats & Ravens. I'd put them ahead of the Stillers, they're a dirty team.