Another year, another bad offensive line

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wood and levitre are a year older and more experienced. bell is further removed from injury. hangartner, a starter for us last year, may be a back up for us this year. the right tackle spot is a question mark with a competition brewing to find who will be the last man standing. and get this...there are free agents out there right now, and more to come following all the cuts that teams will be making before the season starts. and also, the season is 5 FREAKIN" WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!! too many people jmping off the deep end too soon around here.

sorry for the overreaction to your post. i just got done reading about 38 straight posts that were complete "we suck" BS. i think i got some of it in my eye.

Edited by swnybillsfan

- A full year of offseason strengthening and conditioning for D. Bell

- A full year of offseason strenthening and conditioning for E. Wood

- Andy Levitre looking stronger and better

The question markes are Craig Urbik and Eric Pears....which will continue to be question marks for a while.....but lets face it....from LG to C we ARE better.....so overall the line will be better this year

Folks.....I think people need to accept the fact that we did in fact address our front 7 in a big way.....we have monsters up front and guys we drafted last year that are looking to improve in their second years.......Antonio Colemen the BACKUP OLB is a whopping 270 pounds

I think having the O line practice against a hopefully improved front 7 every week will help them as well. And by improved front 7 I mean,

A (hopefully) healthy merriman

The same old Kyle Williams

A Stronger and more experienced Troup, and carrington.

A hungry Jasper and Dareus

This is the area I am most worried about this team going into the season. If it's bad it trickles down to the QB and RB's (CJ spiller more) and there are definite question marks there. I hate to be worrysome but is it possible we regress this year?

Me too. Once again I feel that way too little was done to adddress the skill level of the tackles. They drafted another OT prospect in the 5th round. The well intended atttempt to acquire Clabo was unsuccessful.

Bell and Pears do not strike fear into anybody. Worse ... what if they get hurt?

Just a few days ago, this thread could have been titled "another year, another bad LB group."

I still think Buddy is going to bolster the RT position by openning day or he wouldn't have pursued Claybo...

Well he won't "bolster" anything with another Cornell Green type signing. I am not sure there is anything out there thats better than the players we have. At least we can say Wang and Hairston are developmental.

I hope your right.

John makes the point. We were not healthy or experienced enough last season. Because they seemed to have moved Wood to center and leave Hangman hang a bit, sorry, we must think we have a right guard. Buddy thinks so. I worry that Bell is getting run over by Merriman so much but too early to really get a feel for that. RT is the place to focus. I think the rest will be fine and we have some depth too. Not great depth but some depth and that is better than some of the recent seasons. But i do wish we had some amazing players on off line, because we do not yet, our fellas really better step up. alot.

Bell got alot better as the year went on. I thought Urbik was a great player for us before he was hurt. Wood and Levitre are great G/C combo.

Pears was a starter for 2 years in Denver and Gailey is able to use talent well. I think we will be fine.

Pears started for Denver in 06 and 07...he's been awful ever since. I agree with the OP, another year...another ****ty offensive line.

wood and levitre are a year older and more experienced. bell is further removed from injury. hangartner, a starter for us last year, may be a back up for us this year. the right tackle spot is a question mark with a competition brewing to find who will be the last man standing. and get this...there are free agents out there right now, and more to come following all the cuts that teams will be making before the season starts. and also, the season is 5 FREAKIN" WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!! too many people jmping off the deep end too soon around here.

sorry for the overreaction to your post. i just got done reading about 38 straight posts that were complete "we suck" BS. i think i got some of it in my eye.

We aren't going top suck but our line is NOT solid. Fitz made it look better than it was last year. We are still trying to pretend that Jauron and the previous front office knew what they were doing when they screwed up LT by trading Peters and then screwed up RT by trying to make Langston Walker a LT and then cutting him. We still haven't recovered from that. Eric Woods is a a good lineman but we could have drafted him instead of Maybin and we would have been all set.

For those that don't recall Levitre was a straight up second round pick that had nothing to do with the Peters trade.

Edited by PDaDdy

I think having the O line practice against a hopefully improved front 7 every week will help them as well. And by improved front 7 I mean,

+1

I saw that point made in the comment section of a Bflo Rumblings article on Shawne Merriman and it like blew my mind. OL can't expect to do well agst. top-notch LB corps (which the rest of the AFCE has had as of late) without seeing it on a regular basis during practice -- Practice needs to be bloodless battle, battle needs to be bloody practice sort of thing (Flavius Josephus I think).

I'll make a crazy prediction, our beloved Bills' offensive line will be better this year...the player that will end the season at RT will Chris Hairston. He will play so well that there will be talk about him moving to LT next year. he's huge, he's athletic and he has to make spiller, who said good things about him, look great.

This is the area I am most worried about this team going into the season. If it's bad it trickles down to the QB and RB's (CJ spiller more) and there are definite question marks there. I hate to be worrysome but is it possible we regress this year?

Makes no sense to worry about the line, clearly Nix & Gailey both think they can win.... as is!

If the line can stay solid until week 3, that week is going to be very telling if both Wilfolk and Haynesworth are healthy

Edited by Harvey lives