Kelsay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mauricio was the most talented performer ever to appear on America's Got Talent (on NBC)...he went unappreciated by many, but not by me.

I can't believe the GR talk show guys are now here ... what are we going to have a list of who has been robbed on America's Got Talent?

Call into GR and they'll talk about it rather than about the BILLS.

Hey Dick,

Being just the second year of the Nix/Gailey experiment your points can't really hold much water.

It takes more than 1 season (especially on a bad team inherited by a previously aweful regime) for rookies to become stars. Troupe, Carrington, Spiller, are all unknown at this point and managed to play more and more and better (minus Spiller) by the end of the year last season. By the looks of it, it looks like Troupe is looking good so far in camp.

Dareus was the clear cut #1 pick this year, nobody thought this was a bad pick in media outlets and draft gurus.

Williams was a but of a reach but was who they wanted and in a position of need for this team and so far after just a few days it's looking like he has a lot of fire in his game. Time will tell.

Hairston was rated higher than where we drafted him and could prove to be a good pickup, again, time will tell.

Searcy has already, after just a few days been give. Playing time with the 2nd team and looks to be a good pick.

Jasper is blowing everyone up he lines up against. It's only a matter of time until he gets his shot against the 2nd and 1st team to see if he can handle starting caliber NFL players.

Moats was a good vision on Nix' part last year and Brett Favre can vouch for that. Let's hope he was only playing OLB the last few days until we found another ILB.

That brings me to Barnett. The guy is better than Poz, cheaper than Poz, and has a ring and the leadership skills this young group needs.

Let's not forget about Merriman. Time will tell if he can stay healthy. I don't think there is any doubt from anyone (on this site or not) that if he stays healthy he will be a force like he was in SD.

Edwards was good, Torbor is a backup at best, but with the time he had last year you can't fault Nix for picking up guys just to fill a roster. Sure there were others available but you can't overpay in this game or you end up in situations like the Redskins with players that aren't happy with anything other than thier paychecks.

Let's not forget about not giving in and overpaying for Poz or Whitner while resigning the best CB we had in Florance so far this year. And picking up our replacement for Poz within just a few days.

Yes, your right about Kelsay. Worst move ever! I to this day don't understand why in earth they did that but this is probably the worst decision he's made and one of the only ones that is a fact and can't be proven wrong by the end of this season or the next.

Don't jump ship after just 1 year, it takes time to see how things work out. Not often do teams go from worst to first in a year. The Dolphins of a few years ago was an exception, not the rule.

Clearly, if I went into detail you could start stacking up the Reggie Torbor's and Akin Ayodele's and all the other <snip> blah...blah...blah...

Hey Dick -- whatcha doin' hanging out at this dump? Clearly you're disgusted with all that is the Buffalo Bills. Have another team you'd like to root for? Until you have some control over the front office or something else to add other than "they eff'd up here and they eff'd up there" why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Websites definition of fanatic- marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense UNCRITICAL devotion

So hating the team from front office to practice squad?

I can see not liking a player or two but the only owner in team history? The dude has a lot less to work with than Jerry jones.

He tried to bring I shannahan or cohwer come on now be fans

He couldn't get a proven head coach now because he spent the previous 50 years making life miserable for his head coaches. From his incessant meddling to his mercurial decisions and lack of football intelligence.......he just doesn't put coaches in position to succeed .

There are some outrageous stats in Bills history.......things like drafting a dozen RB's with their first pick and not one single QB in the past 50 years.........but all you need to know about Ralph is that for all the coaches he's chewed up and spit out, only one arrived in Buffalo as a proven winner. Chuck Knox. Just 1 in the NFL era. And it's not like Knox ever won a Super Bowl. At some point, if you can't create your own successful organization you should be smart enough to steal a winning program from somewhere else.

Hey Dick -- whatcha doin' hanging out at this dump? Clearly you're disgusted with all that is the Buffalo Bills. Have another team you'd like to root for? Until you have some control over the front office or something else to add other than "they eff'd up here and they eff'd up there" why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

I just saw you piling on Ralph and Jauron in another thread. All dirty style like a real hater. A real fan loves Maybin because he's yours. And perhaps has a parrot or cockatiel named Aaron.

But now you are dogging me for simply answering the aptly named "Toddd"? At least you are inconsistent.

Clearly, if I went into detail you could start stacking up the Reggie Torbor's and Akin Ayodele's and all the other garbage that Nix dragged in to fill a roster, but here is a synopsis of a few important ones:

First of all, hiring Gailey. And not so much because of Gailey's coaching ability, he is an excellent offensive mind, but because as an older, retreaded coach who had been fired recently as an OC and a college head coach....... Gailey didn't stand a chance to put together a good staff. George Edwards was disgusting last year.

Being asleep at the wheel in free agency, in essence guaranteeing that his team would start a boat load of below-NFL-level talent, for instance just about all of their LB's.

Signing Cornell Green to be the teams starting RT and not even really trying to get any real competition despite everyone in the NFL knowing Green was worthless. I mean, why sign a Flozell Adams for instance, who is washed up but WAS a great player.....when you can overpay a doubly washed up never-was like Green.

Drafting CJ Spiller, a garden variety scat-back and kick returner with a learning disability with a premium first round pick and SOMEHOW getting nothing out of a first year running back. The easiest transition. The position with the shortest shelf life. CJ gave the Bills NOTHING.

Reaching for Troupe and Carrington in a bad year for DL and then getting nothing from them DESPITE having the worst run defense in the NFL. When you play a 3-4 and have a pro-bowl DT, you CAN have enough DL. But without quality at the other 2 positions, they were compelled to take Dareus this year.

Not addressing the OL until well into the third day in a GOOD draft for OL. 4 and 5 speak to a lack of preparation. I feel the same way about taking Williams early in round 2 this year. Not a great year for corners, yet they reached for a need when they have more pressing ones. Williams was not even a full time starter at Texas.

I'm not completely down on Buddy, but he has made some REAL head scratchers and not surprisingly they have failed miserably. Belichick has been on record as saying you have to be REALLY BAD at making decisions to be bad in the NFL. Translation: it's easy to be average. So far, Buddy has not had much go right.

The best thing about Kelsay is that discussing him is never beating a dead horse because you CANNOT KILL CHRIS KELSAY. He is unbreakable. A subway janitor can beat the hell out of him, but he simply can't be prevented from lining back up to take another beat down.

OH, BTW, extending Kelsay was a dubious move. What say you about that, TODDD?

Nice

I just saw you piling on Ralph and Jauron in another thread. All dirty style like a real hater. A real fan loves Maybin because he's yours. And perhaps has a parrot or cockatiel named Aaron.

But now you are dogging me for simply answering the aptly named "Toddd"? At least you are inconsistent.

A "real" fan initially supports the players drafted by the organization and has high hopes they will be productive, even if they were not the players said fan "expertly" assessed should be drafted. Once said players prove otherwise, all bets are off. What a "real" fan does NOT do, however, is systematically trash an entire organization, top to bottom, said fan purports to support. That's plain douchebaggery at its finest.

Carry on, Dick.

Maybe you guys should watch the freakin football games for your self instead of listening to everybody around you guys. I watched both the Cincinnati and Pittsburgh games on youtube and Kelsay should have came away with 3-6 sacks easily in those two games alone. He came away with only 1 in each game and also in the Cinci game he had one taken away by penalty. Kelsay can't cover that well but he can pass rush and defend the run adequately enough. Go watch the film for your selves and come to your own conclusions. Both games are on youtube. I predict Kelsay gets about 6-8 sacks this year and you can book that but I bet money that I am the one coming away with the last laugh. Just watch the film and see for your selves.

Maybe you guys should watch the freakin football games for your self instead of listening to everybody around you guys. I watched both the Cincinnati and Pittsburgh games on youtube and Kelsay should have came away with 3-6 sacks easily in those two games alone. He came away with only 1 in each game and also in the Cinci game he had one taken away by penalty. Kelsay can't cover that well but he can pass rush and defend the run adequately enough. Go watch the film for your selves and come to your own conclusions. Both games are on youtube. I predict Kelsay gets about 6-8 sacks this year and you can book that but I bet money that I am the one coming away with the last laugh. Just watch the film and see for your selves.

I was stunned to read today that Kelsay sniffed out a bootleg play during practice. One of my pet peeves with Kelsay is how often he would bite on misdirection and lose outside containment… both as an end and as a linebacker.

I've said this before but here's my take on Kelsay (and this is underscored by your post): he often gets close to making a play but more often than not, does not make the play. He's a bit clunky in space and as a scout would say, he "doesn't break down on his tackles well."

Now I understand that last year was his first as a linebacker and that he can still improve, but counter-weighing that argument is that he'll turn 32 years old in October and it's not often that a player makes a dramatic improvement that late in his career.

Kelsay is by no means as bad a player as many around here think. But there are some glaring weaknesses to his game… basically with regards to playing in space.

Linebackers are supposed to be sure-handed tacklers. Kelsay probably led the Bills defensive starters in whiffs last year, IMO.

But I hope he has a great year and answers his critics… and starts making some of those plays that he so often tantalizingly misses.

If kelsay gets 6-8 sacks this year "dukeybomb", i will eat my hat plus any other semi-digestible objects within arms' reach. That will never, ever happen. Despite NaPolian's constant irrational defense of the guy, he's had it. Kelsay didnt look like he belonged on a nfl field last year.

When u have your annual beer with Kelsay this year NaPolian, do us all a favor and beg him to retire.

Ithink he should gain 15 lbs and go to DE . This is where he belongs. Nowhere else.

Amen! about 50 Lbs though he would be a beast at 315, add in some strongman training and hit the stake and potatoes circuit and he'd be there in no time.

Worst decision among many? In my opinion, there were two bad decisions by Nix. 1: Giving Kelsay money. 2: Not realizing Edwards sucked.

Nix gets the players. Gailey decides who to start.

I'd love to hear the "many" bad decisions by Nix you speak of. Many, to me, means at least 10. Have at it.

His worst decision was drafting spiller, which can't be undone. Edwards looked good in preseason but was wisely cut and Kelsay will be on the line this year when we do the 43 hydrid thing, no way he starts at OLB. Spiller should be Tebow.

I agree that Nix and Gailey haven't been perfect and the Kelsay thing stumps me as well but I remember everyone clamoring for Shanahan and where are the Redskins at this point compared to the Bills? I just hope they finish off free agency strong.

Amen! about 50 Lbs though he would be a beast at 315, add in some strongman training and hit the stake and potatoes circuit and he'd be there in no time.

His worst decision was drafting spiller, which can't be undone. Edwards looked good in preseason but was wisely cut and Kelsay will be on the line this year when we do the 43 hydrid thing, no way he starts at OLB. Spiller should be Tebow.

Please. The guy played one year. What a crazy notion to judge a pick in the first year. That's just stupid.

So someone came up with ONE bad decision (which wasn't even bad) and can't come up with the "many" bad decisions by Nix. You failed.

3. Ignore "Todd", I did many years ago.

:thumbsup:

Doesn't bother me. It must be that you can't handle facts. Still trying to come up with "many" bad moves? I'm waiting.