Jump to content
tgreg99

UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

There is no question that we are finding not only many interesting things but many questions about how much further we should look. Despite your spin implying intelligent life has become more likely it simply hasn't.  Sitcom math still rules the day as trillions of signals have been collected with a grand total of zero coming from life.  

 

We've discovered that our protected Earth and the Solar System in which it resides are, so far, completely unique with nothing close to them being observed.  We know far more now than when Kepler was launched about the collision that created the Earth and Moon's dance and how critical that is to life thriving.  There are thousands upon thousands of other factors that make Earth what it is and math shows these factors are singular.

 

The question...really the only one that matters.....is whether we have the resolve to stop searching the skies for extraterrestrial heroes that simply do not exist and instead apply our knowledge towards preserving ourselves.  The story of Noah and the wisdom and insight of Von Neumann show the way.  The arrogance of people like Musk and Branson is wasting our time.  Humans, once born on Earth should really stay in this neighborhood.  

So what you're telling me is that all your math is based on the assumption that Alien intelligent life would communicate in the same way we do?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So what you're telling me is that all your math is based on the assumption that Alien intelligent life would communicate in the same way we do?

Add: logic and common sense

Subtract: wishful thinking

Realize: the contradiction of your implication

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Full video below (if you want to see it):

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hedge said:

 

 

Full video below (if you want to see it):

 

Evidently there isn't much math in your typical journalism curriculum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is well worth the read.

 

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think this guy came up for air 

 

1563376314347-1645.jpg.cf.webp

 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Evidently there isn't much math in your typical journalism curriculum.

and because of it 

 

on Twitter on Wednesday, Tucker Carlson announced that he would be taking some time off from his broadcast

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think this guy came up for air 

 

1563376314347-1645.jpg.cf.webp

 

 Chupacabra?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 2:41 AM, Hedge said:

 

 

Full video below (if you want to see it):

 

Did he start with “Hear me out!”? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did he start with “Hear me out!”? 

He definitely said that line at some point within the speech.

 

It was a big word-vomit.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had breakfast next to this guy and his family some years ago at a popular diner joint in Old Town, Alexandria.

 

He was not wearing a bow tie.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Foxx said:

That Medium article is interesting as I apply it's assertions to the Tucker speech. He represents the convergence of the conservative right and UFOlogist conspiracy theorists. We're reaching that point. Left wing conspiracy theorists are probably converging as well.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That Medium article is interesting as I apply it's assertions to the Tucker speech. He represents the convergence of the conservative right and UFOlogist conspiracy theorists. We're reaching that point. Left wing conspiracy theorists are probably converging as well.

The realization that we are alone would probably also be withheld from the public as governments tend to think of themselves as somehow superior.  

 

Here's the thing though:. You always have rogues in there somewhere.  If we had discovered aliens someone would have found a way to disclose it.  Realizing we are alone is harder though.  People, even very bright people, will grasp at straws forever.  This is demonstrated every day by the existence of so many endeavors people take on that are the proverbial needle in a haystack.  It can lead one to ignore the obvious.

 

The ultimate destiny of the human race has yet to be determined but the proper direction is relatively clear.  It begins in realizing that we, as a species, are clearly alone and that we, as individuals, are not going anywhere beyond our immediate neighborhood.  And we need to be ok with that because it is ok.

 

Once these realizations are truly made we can indeed move on to initiate the fulfillment this destiny.  Or we can put the future of our place in the universe at risk by diddling around looking for non-existent aliens and fooling ourselves into thinking that putting humans into space on a mass scale will ever make any sense when clearly it won't.  It's our choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That Medium article is interesting as I apply it's assertions to the Tucker speech. He represents the convergence of the conservative right and UFOlogist conspiracy theorists. We're reaching that point. Left wing conspiracy theorists are probably converging as well.

 

100% -- the question which should be asked, imo, is why now? What's changed? We've had roughly 72 years of slow drip, drip, drip on this topic from our government -- but only within the past two years has there been open acknowledgement that the phenomenon is real by the same federal government. When the USN made their announcement last year about the tic-tac craft and secret programs to investigate UAPs, it was met with "well duh" by the media and general population. Had that same information been released in 2014, 2010, or even 2000 the reaction likely would have been more shock and wow than well duh... 

 

Suddenly the MO of the USN (who has controlled this information longer than any other branch of the military) did a complete 180 on this topic, releasing video evidence of advanced craft and acknowledging legit programs designed to investigate the phenomenon dating back over 20 years (and we know it's even longer than that from open source documents obtained through FOIA over the years). Again, it makes me ask why now? What has changed to make the secret of all secrets suddenly acceptable for mainstream consumption? 

 

I don't have a definitive answer, only speculations.

 

Could it be that the USN/government believes they need to get ahead of this story because of something else lurking just out of sight of the public? Possibly. 

Could it be that the USN/government is ready to roll out new technology, completely human in origin, which is mistaken as UFO? Possibly. 

Could it be that the USN/government have always intended to disclose this information after enough conditioning was done to the public psyche? Possibly. 

Could it be that the USN/government are trying to use a "Blue Beam" type story to distract the public from other revelations coming to light about the government? Possibly.

 

Ultimately what we have happening at this moment in time is a serious push for official government disclosure of the existence of this technology. Technology which completely shatter our perception of aviation, physics, and what's possible when it comes to propulsion. That alone -- ETs aside -- is quite extraordinary when you consider the possibilities that this technology is not only real and in our skies today -- but possibly within our reach as a civilization/people. 

 

Since 2016 I've had 2020-2021 as the most likely window for major bits of disclosure to hit the public consciousness ... we're right on track. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

 

100% -- the question which should be asked, imo, is why now? What's changed? We've had roughly 72 years of slow drip, drip, drip on this topic from our government -- but only within the past two years has there been open acknowledgement that the phenomenon is real by the same federal government. When the USN made their announcement last year about the tic-tac craft and secret programs to investigate UAPs, it was met with "well duh" by the media and general population. Had that same information been released in 2014, 2010, or even 2000 the reaction likely would have been more shock and wow than well duh... 

 

Suddenly the MO of the USN (who has controlled this information longer than any other branch of the military) did a complete 180 on this topic, releasing video evidence of advanced craft and acknowledging legit programs designed to investigate the phenomenon dating back over 20 years (and we know it's even longer than that from open source documents obtained through FOIA over the years). Again, it makes me ask why now? What has changed to make the secret of all secrets suddenly acceptable for mainstream consumption? 

 

I don't have a definitive answer, only speculations.

 

Could it be that the USN/government believes they need to get ahead of this story because of something else lurking just out of sight of the public? Possibly. 

Could it be that the USN/government is ready to roll out new technology, completely human in origin, which is mistaken as UFO? Possibly. 

Could it be that the USN/government have always intended to disclose this information after enough conditioning was done to the public psyche? Possibly. 

Could it be that the USN/government are trying to use a "Blue Beam" type story to distract the public from other revelations coming to light about the government? Possibly.

 

Ultimately what we have happening at this moment in time is a serious push for official government disclosure of the existence of this technology. Technology which completely shatter our perception of aviation, physics, and what's possible when it comes to propulsion. That alone -- ETs aside -- is quite extraordinary when you consider the possibilities that this technology is not only real and in our skies today -- but possibly within our reach as a civilization/people. 

 

Since 2016 I've had 2020-2021 as the most likely window for major bits of disclosure to hit the public consciousness ... we're right on track. 

It could be a lot of things....with phony on the very top of the list.  One thing it is not.....aliens.  It's simply not and that has been demonstrated over and over again.  

 

We are currently collecting immeasurable amounts of data.  None of it shows anything.  Bunk like Tabby's star and other crap are the BEST evidence that has come up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2019/03/18/are-we-in-a-galactic-zoo-protected-by-aliens-scientists-meet-to-investigate-the-great-silence/#5c9360791ce7

 

What does the Drake Equation try to do?

A formula to estimate the number of technological civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy, the Drake Equation is an attempt to put the Fermi Paradox into numbers. The Drake Equation was posited in 1961 by Dr. Frank Drake, a radio astronomer at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, West Virginia.

 

What is the Drake Equation?

OK, don't expect any answers here. The formula below, which comes from the SETI Institute might seem impressive, but it's mostly guesswork. Practically speaking, its purpose is not to find a definitive answer, but to keep the discussion going about the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

speaking of Area 51 

 

 

He got 2 million people to say they’d storm Area 51. Now he’s planning an alien festival.

The call to raid an Air Force base for aliens was a joke, drawing on decades of conspiracy theories. Then 2 million people signed on to the Facebook event. …

Washington Post 
 
 

After 'Storm Area 51' gets 2 million RSVPs, its creator announces an alien-themed music fest

Matty [Roberts] decided to move forward with this event," the website for Alien Stock reads. The festival is set for Sept. 20-22. Attendees should expect a 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2019/03/18/are-we-in-a-galactic-zoo-protected-by-aliens-scientists-meet-to-investigate-the-great-silence/#5c9360791ce7

 

What does the Drake Equation try to do?

A formula to estimate the number of technological civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy, the Drake Equation is an attempt to put the Fermi Paradox into numbers. The Drake Equation was posited in 1961 by Dr. Frank Drake, a radio astronomer at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, West Virginia.

 

What is the Drake Equation?

OK, don't expect any answers here. The formula below, which comes from the SETI Institute might seem impressive, but it's mostly guesswork. Practically speaking, its purpose is not to find a definitive answer, but to keep the discussion going about the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

 

Exactly and well put. It means absolutely nothing as I've stated many, many times. Didn't know it was posited all the was back in 1961 lol. So many things change from day to day and this is from over 50 yrs ago lol.

 

Bolded is exactly correct. Bottom line

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2019/03/18/are-we-in-a-galactic-zoo-protected-by-aliens-scientists-meet-to-investigate-the-great-silence/#5c9360791ce7

 

What does the Drake Equation try to do?

A formula to estimate the number of technological civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy, the Drake Equation is an attempt to put the Fermi Paradox into numbers. The Drake Equation was posited in 1961 by Dr. Frank Drake, a radio astronomer at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, West Virginia.

 

What is the Drake Equation?

OK, don't expect any answers here. The formula below, which comes from the SETI Institute might seem impressive, but it's mostly guesswork. Practically speaking, its purpose is not to find a definitive answer, but to keep the discussion going about the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

 

The 'math' that keeps getting referred to I'm guessing is the Drake Equation, which in itself is a composite of probabilities about communicative intelligent life (ie civilizations that have communicated with us)...that ultimate value is going to be low due primarily to issues of distance and time relating to 'messaging' that our tech would be able to receive and interpret as communications. But the value of f(i) in Drake, that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe regardless of their communication with humans or lack thereof, is almost certainly nonzero.

 

So ultimately regarding communicative intelligent life elsewhere in the universe...for all the skeptics saying there's just us: there's a lot of cognitive dissonance going on if you use the lack of communication from other intelligent beings as proof Earth is the only planet w/ intelligent life, because WE don't attempt to communicate with other intelligent life much. We don't spend much time or money on it at all, so why should they? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

 

The 'math' that keeps getting referred to I'm guessing is the Drake Equation, which in itself is a composite of probabilities about communicative intelligent life (ie civilizations that have communicated with us)...that ultimate value is going to be low due primarily to issues of distance and time relating to 'messaging' that our tech would be able to receive and interpret as communications. But the value of f(i) in Drake, that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe regardless of their communication with humans or lack thereof, is almost certainly nonzero.

 

So ultimately regarding communicative intelligent life elsewhere in the universe...for all the skeptics saying there's just us: there's a lot of cognitive dissonance going on if you use the lack of communication from other intelligent beings as proof Earth is the only planet w/ intelligent life, because WE don't attempt to communicate with other intelligent life much. We don't spend much time or money on it at all, so why should they? 

 

Per your bolded see the next quote. The "math" that 4mer refers to = nothing exists because we haven't found it yet...

 

On 2/21/2015 at 1:10 PM, 4merper4mer said:

 

 

I can explain this better I think.

 

Supposedly the universe has a staggering amount of intelligent life. Too high a number to comprehend....

 

The universe has been around for billions of years......too high a number to comprehend......

 

So innumerable societies have developed for what is a near infinity and plausibly developed countless methods of exploration and communication......by sheer number alone some would seek out any life it could find....some would hide and some would do something in between. Out of all the explorer types out there....still a number too high to comprehend.....we have confirmed contact exactly zero times....and they have had billions of years to send their messages, probes, ships or morse code.

 

So how much more time is needed? Infinity plus one? How many more planets have to be discovered to extrapolate the supposed quantity of societies? How much more need be known about the universe? None. Because the math has already been done. There is nothing and nobody out there trying to communicate which essentially means there is nothing and nobody out there....period.

 

Understand now? It's just math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2019/03/18/are-we-in-a-galactic-zoo-protected-by-aliens-scientists-meet-to-investigate-the-great-silence/#5c9360791ce7

 

What does the Drake Equation try to do?

A formula to estimate the number of technological civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy, the Drake Equation is an attempt to put the Fermi Paradox into numbers. The Drake Equation was posited in 1961 by Dr. Frank Drake, a radio astronomer at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, West Virginia.

 

What is the Drake Equation?

OK, don't expect any answers here. The formula below, which comes from the SETI Institute might seem impressive, but it's mostly guesswork. Practically speaking, its purpose is not to find a definitive answer, but to keep the discussion going about the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

Of course the goal is to keep the conversation because $$$$$$$$$$$, power, control.  Of course the goal is not a definitive answer.......because no one would like the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...