Anyone think we go

There a few left on the open market, Ryan Harris being my favorite at the moment. Do you think we really go with Pears? Or bring someone in?

Obviously what they want and what will happen isn't the same thing always.

30% Harris

30% Pears

10% wrotto

10% Hairston

20% other (gaither, Colombo, Adams, tauscher?)

Would be my guess of day 1 starter

Edited by NoSaint

Considering they went hard after Clabo, I think they either sign someone, or go with Hairston and get a move-on on the future.

Gailey and Nix both really like Pears. I'm not sure why but from what they said they think he's a very smart player, who just needs time in a system. And sure, they went after Clabo but he was a pro bowl player. Pears, barring injury, will get most of the first team reps and is a sure bet to start opening day.Its still possible they will try to sign a solid free agent, if one exists. But of the players on our roster, he will start.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

The best available tackle is Shawn Andrews, The man can play on the left or right side of the line. He is also coming off a great season where he was the best lineman on the Giants. His back is 100% healthy and it seems like he turned the corner with his mental issues. If we can sign him to 4yr/16 mil deal with playing time incentives that would be a great deal. I looked up his numbers from last yr he only gave up 1 sack..

Get it done Buddy

Bell is not a pro-bowler, but he has steadily improved his game play, and he will only get better. Our concern is at RT not LT.

Yup, Bell is definitely not our problem, he could be upgraded yes, but is definitely not our biggest issue. And our interior is very promising; I'm really excited to see Wood at center in some game time.

Gailey and Nix both really like Pears. I'm not sure why but from what they said they think he's a very smart player, who just needs time in a system. And sure, they went after Clabo but he was a pro bowl player. Pears, barring injury, will get most of the first team reps and is a sure bet to start opening day.Its still possible they will try to sign a solid free agent, if one exists. But of the players on our roster, he will start.

Yep. Plus get Danny Batten and Sheppard on the field. Re-treading guys like what we are doing at LB is short-sighted. Get the young guys in there and teach them the system and get them game experience. We aren't going anywhere this year anyway. Still need a QB and several other parts. This team is no even half turned around at this point. Go young. Coach 'em up . Ralph's not firing the coaching staff anytime soon. The fans get it now. We suck. We are no longer in any way part of the NFL conversation.. have completely dropped off the map. Expectations are so low. this is a great time to see what you have in terms of your entire roster.