Todd Heap to NY Jets ?

Frez

Now that would be a good move for them.

Not sure why Buffalo shows zero interest in any available TE this year? Hell, our D can't cover a TE either. Maybe someone should tell our coaching staff the TE is a big part of today's game! :o)

Not sure why Buffalo shows zero interest in any available TE this year? Hell, our D can't cover a TE either. Maybe someone should tell our coaching staff the TE is a big part of today's game! :o)

What TE has drawn much interest this off-season?

Buffalo probably has the best TE they will get for the money they are willing to spend

What TE has drawn much interest this off-season?

That's true, news of the Jets' interest in Heap is by far the most substantial free agent news regarding a TE to this point.

Beyond being relegated to HAVING to hope our guys will develop and improve, S. Nelson has shown flashes of spectacular play, though injuries have dampened early expectations. Easley is another guy no one in the NFL knows we have, who may be a WR in TE clothing.

Maybe, just maybe, we have what we need already. I know many here (most??) don't belive this, but we're not tasked with building this team. Buddy & Chan & Co. are.

We HAVE to believe they know what they're doing.

Why is that relevant? There are TEs out there that are beter than ours. It's an important position and our offense is anemic.

So you're saying most teams have good enough TE's that they can ignore the FA's who are out there? The point being, there must be a reason they've drawn so little interest, like over-pricing themselves.

Heap was the guy I thought we would go after. I never believed we'd be in the Miller and Boss sweepstakes, but that veteran second tier type TE. When Heap got release I said "There's the type I was thinking about". I'm a little miffed we aren't showing interest either. But as I've said for two off seasons, I trust Nix and Gailey to be going after the needs they believe are best for this team.

It's it just me or does it seem that 90% of the bigger name Free Agents have all signed in the AFC East this week?

I'm okay with the Bills' plan and really do think the draft and their couple of FA signings have improved the team, but, man, it sure would be nice to see guys signing in the NFC West for a change.

A playmaking TE would be nice, but they need to be just as good at blocking. Why bring a TE in, which usually brings another LB onto the field and into the box, that can't block when we have good receivers with height and reach advantages over most of the DBs? If the guy makes big passing plays but can't block worth a c***, then what good is that? If a TE isn't good at run blocking, then I don't think we should even consider them.

So you're saying most teams have good enough TE's that they can ignore the FA's who are out there? The point being, there must be a reason they've drawn so little interest, like over-pricing themselves.

No. Again, given how rarely our offense scores, we need a functional, playmaking TE to compete in this division. Decisions made by other teams based on their needs should have nothing to do with how we meet our positional needs.