Honestly...why is everyone so upset???

zevo

Poz is replaceable especially in the 3-4, sure he is a solid starter but injury prone and more of a pursuit guy than a difference maker, any middle linebacker worth anything makes a lot of tackles, few where behind the line of scrimmage. I hoped they could retain him, our front office must see some promise in our new draftees

Clabo would have been a nice acquisition however he is 30. he wasnt that spectacular, he made the probowl once while being surrounded by talent on his offense, a solid starter but not the complete stud some of us act like we are getting. By the time we might become competitive again he will be around 33-35 and will will have to find a replacement for our aging overpaid RT.

I would have been on-board with not paying Poz $7M/year IF they were going to use that money to sign a better

player, but to not pay him and be left with the sad lot of ILBs they have now is not at all satisfying. The LBs were the

weakest spot on the worst defense in the NFL last year and right now, the LBs are even worse than last year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hards to say what POZ was worth. He had a terrible DL minus williams in front of him. Now with the addition of marcell dareus I would have loved to see POZ with a strong front ahead of him. Are we better off now with torbor, davis and company no way we are. But our so called GM thinks we are...

Building through the draft is one thing, but sitting there when you have a chance to improve your team and not do so is another.

I'm continually astounded by the number of fans who think they know more about football than guys who have spent their entire lives in and around the game.

If you thought Nix and Gailey were going to take the Donahoe/Williams & Levy/Jauron mess and fix it in two years your expectations were unrealistic.

wasnt expecting a fix and playoffs i was expecting them to try and improve. and so far it doesnt look like they are trying. and my first glimpse of this was the chris kelsay extension.

I'm continually astounded by the number of fans who think they know more about football than guys who have spent their entire lives in and around the game.

If you thought Nix and Gailey were going to take the Donahoe/Williams & Levy/Jauron mess and fix it in two years your expectations were unrealistic.

Totally agree!!!!!!

not saying they can fix what the last regime failed to do.....but show me a sign they are willing to fix it. we are so thin at LB they very well could fix that issue with the 30 million they have to spend, why not grab one via FA? give me a reason to believe the teams getting better thats all im saying. I have not seen that reason in 12 plus years.

As another die hard Bills fan on this board I can only speak for myself. My attitude towards this team comes from the constant lack of effort every single off season to make big things happen. Teams like the Jets, Patriots, and even the Dolphins are leaps and bounds ahead of us every year. However, every year you see them make moves to try and push them over that hump to get better. Yes the draft does build the core of a team. But NO TEAM is completely built through the draft. It takes both. Teams that are already far better than us continue to improve, while Buffalo stays status quo. Basically we switch coaches, GM's, and quarterbacks every couple of years and always come up with the same poor to mediocre results. Reason being is that we have had the same problems for 12 years. No offensive line, no tight ends, and no quarterback (probably because of the line). When we do come up with a good player in the draft, they are gone by the first free agency period of their career anyway. Teams in the national football league play the game for one reason only. That is to win a Super Bowl. I don't even think that is a notion in the Bills locker room.

The Raiders are FARRRR ahead of us at this point of their development. I wouldn't doubt if the Bengals are as well. They had a rough season last year, but were in the playoffs the year before that. Far more than we can say.

Hey, at least we're not the Raiders or the Bengals.

As another die hard Bills fan on this board I can only speak for myself. My attitude towards this team comes from the constant lack of effort every single off season to make big things happen. Teams like the Jets, Patriots, and even the Dolphins are leaps and bounds ahead of us every year. However, every year you see them make moves to try and push them over that hump to get better. Yes the draft does build the core of a team. But NO TEAM is completely built through the draft. It takes both. Teams that are already far better than us continue to improve, while Buffalo stays status quo. Basically we switch coaches, GM's, and quarterbacks every couple of years and always come up with the same poor to mediocre results. Reason being is that we have had the same problems for 12 years. No offensive line, no tight ends, and no quarterback (probably because of the line). When we do come up with a good player in the draft, they are gone by the first free agency period of their career anyway. Teams in the national football league play the game for one reason only. That is to win a Super Bowl. I don't even think that is a notion in the Bills locker room.

exactly.....its 50% fans that feel this way the other half think we are going the right way. new ownership is what will change the franchise attitude.

I've said previously that the F.O., by now, should have a timetable on when they are going to "arrive", instead of always, "rebuilding". Of course, they'll never come out and say, "we don't expect to win much this year, and maybe even next year we'll still be out of the playoff picture, but we're hoping that 2 years from now we'll be able to compete." They don't say that because, even if that is their thought, it wouldn't sell tickets. Nevertheless, that seems to be the attitude.

And, from a fan's perspective, there is one consolation to losing, IMO, and that is being able to grab the prize of next year's draft. I know there are a lot of posters here who laugh or rage at people who "plan for next year", but, looking at this F.O., if they're not planning on winning this year - a.k.a, "it's not going to be rebuilt in 2 years", then to me, that's pretty much the same as planning ahead for next year.

Maybe they do think they'll put the finishing pieces together next year. Maybe they are right in saying they have the guys now to be competitive. The only thing that makes me question that is the fact that they've been going after gusy at ILB and RT and have been losing out on them, which makes saying "we've got the guys to win with now" seem rather like a compromise.

I'm holding out hope they are still targeting guys to be dropped, or improvements out there that we'll see added in the weeks to come.

I'm upset because the team I root for sucks, has sucked for a long time and is not showing signs that they will stop sucking any time soon.

The excuses that the rose-coloured glasses-wearing lot provide here day in and day out are the same that have been said about previous regimes. The bottom line is results and at last check, the results are crap. Yes there are some positives but any team in the league can say that.

Unfortunately, we always sit here and think the same thing. "Maybe they are planning for next year". THeir only plan is to make enough money to stay in business. Certainly not worried about winning games and making a playof push. Look at how the Chiefs brought in the coaching staff to get the job done, along with GM Scott Pioli. One year later the team is in contention. It can be that simple.

I've said previously that the F.O., by now, should have a timetable on when they are going to "arrive", instead of always, "rebuilding". Of course, they'll never come out and say, "we don't expect to win much this year, and maybe even next year we'll still be out of the playoff picture, but we're hoping that 2 years from now we'll be able to compete." They don't say that because, even if that is their thought, it wouldn't sell tickets. Nevertheless, that seems to be the attitude.

And, from a fan's perspective, there is one consolation to losing, IMO, and that is being able to grab the prize of next year's draft. I know there are a lot of posters here who laugh or rage at people who "plan for next year", but, looking at this F.O., if they're not planning on winning this year - a.k.a, "it's not going to be rebuilt in 2 years", then to me, that's pretty much the same as planning ahead for next year.

Maybe they do think they'll put the finishing pieces together next year. Maybe they are right in saying they have the guys now to be competitive. The only thing that makes me question that is the fact that they've been going after gusy at ILB and RT and have been losing out on them, which makes saying "we've got the guys to win with now" seem rather like a compromise.

I'm holding out hope they are still targeting guys to be dropped, or improvements out there that we'll see added in the weeks to come.

Where I'd differ with this is assuming that Nix/Gailey know what to do either. Donahoe/Williams and Levy/Jauron spent their whole lives in football too and the results were less than impressive. I see no reason to give the new regime the benefit of the doubt. We're supposed to be building through the draft but based on last years draft I'm not to encouraged.

As for the original premise of this topic: I'm not upset about the offseason because it's going exactly like I thought it would up to this point. The teams the Bills compete against try to make moves to improve and the Bills do a whole lot of nothing. So if you go into it with low expectations you really can't be disappointed.

its been awhile since i have participated here. and i understand the suffering. matter of fact i quit following the Bills for years.

Turns out that i have come back. and i have been paying close attention all last season and very enthusiastic just recently now that the NFL is up and running again. I am not nearly as experienced in football as most you fans here abouts, but i know enough to keep it interesting.

I consider last year a trial of players and coaches run by Gailey and Nix. To make it more painful was the transition to 3-4. We did look confused and ugly. But we got a little better later in the season. we almost looked competitive a couple of games.

For this season i expect some interesting and exciting games. I think we will have a new attitude on defense, based on the changes we have made. We have brought in players to challenge postions and two or 3 that could have been starters and upgrades if we had the off season. We have been affected alot with all our second year rookies ( injured last year or limited time on field).

So we are behind others i think as we had hoped guys like Troup Carrington Batten Moats Easly Wang etc, you get the picture really needed a playbook mini and ota.

I think we we have some fun this year. My biggest concern is Merriman. I have a dream! But it seems we might fail if he does.

We just moved Moats to ILB at practice. WTH

Well i think we will be ok. But talk to me after the season and see if i have become a crusty old naysaer like most of you>

hah! :pirate:

go dareus

Edited by 3rdand12

This team is not going to change over night with this free agency....Id rather let our draft picks play from last year and this year. Anyone who thinks we are going to be a good team this year is kidding themselves. Let our youngsters learn on the fly and we will be a better team for it. Grab our franchise qb in next years draft and in 2 years we will be back to being competitive.

Really have to ask that question? Bills were 4-12 last year. That is not 12-4 but 4-12. They signed nobody that improves them. They actually lost their second best player on defense. So all in all a 4-12 team got a little worst while other three team in division got better. Is that help you understand while fans are f--in pissed?

I'm upset because the team I root for sucks, has sucked for a long time and is not showing signs that they will stop sucking any time soon.

The excuses that the rose-coloured glasses-wearing lot provide here day in and day out are the same that have been said about previous regimes. The bottom line is results and at last check, the results are crap. Yes there are some positives but any team in the league can say that.

Wow! Could not agree more....well said

I would have been on-board with not paying Poz $7M/year IF they were going to use that money to sign a better

player, but to not pay him and be left with the sad lot of ILBs they have now is not at all satisfying. The LBs were the

weakest spot on the worst defense in the NFL last year and right now, the LBs are even worse than last year.

Lucky this post is incredibly premature.

That's like saying that since you don't have much money, but Brittany Spears does, she should manage your portfolio

Edited by benderbender

I'm "upset" because the Bills never make any moves to turn the franchise around. They draft a few "promising" guys and hire cheap FAs. We always try to say "well, it'll take time", it's going to take an infinite amout of time if they never make any aggressive moves to improve the team. Even if our draft picks become "good" they leave the team when the rookie contract is up because we don't pay enough to retain them, or they don't want to stay with a loser organization.

Sadly, we have continued to pay the price of Donahoe. He ripped and tore the franchise apart filling our roster with those who just couldn't play.

All too many people cannot see the possibilities of this new regime because Chan and Buddy cannot turn around the failure overnight. But, unfortunately they are not seeing the pieces that are being put together and that's what it takes in the beginning a building process.

These new Bills have an outstanding wide receiver corps that can compete with any other team's (Yes, I think Stevie is for real and I am an Easley fan but I loved what I saw from Nelson and Jones plus Roscoe finally has a coach who knows how to use him.). I think our offensive line is going to keep getting better and if you really look at the statistics for the second half of last season you can see their improvement over what we had to put up with for the first nine years of the new century. Got to love Fred Jackson and we'll see if Spiller was a mistake (No, he didn't come in and win every rookie award but he was a rookie with potential so let's see if he ends up like Maybin or with a year under everyone's belt we will figure out how to use him.). Brad Smith just adds lots of dimension to the offense and I love Fitz' attitude, a gunslinger whose team is behind him and they all want to win!

So, we lost Poz who can't cover receivers and never was a factor at the line of scrimmage. All those tackles came from chasing down opponents and I will gladly entrust that Shepard can at least match that. Our defensive line will be ten times better than last year, which means our defensive backfield will have more opportunity to make plays rather than worrying about the run. Plus, this new 'D' will get the ball back quicker than last year's giving the offense that put up more than 19 points a game a chance to put more up.

So, get excited about where we are heading ... yes, we lost out on Clabo but we were in the game for him.

We are moving forward ... good things are ahead of us!

The Raiders are FARRRR ahead of us at this point of their development. I wouldn't doubt if the Bengals are as well. They had a rough season last year, but were in the playoffs the year before that. Far more than we can say.

Are we that far of??