Honestly...why is everyone so upset???

zevo

This team is not going to change over night with this free agency....Id rather let our draft picks play from last year and this year. Anyone who thinks we are going to be a good team this year is kidding themselves. Let our youngsters learn on the fly and we will be a better team for it. Grab our franchise qb in next years draft and in 2 years we will be back to being competitive.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing many Bills fans are unhappy because they have been experiencing delayed gratification for about the last 16 years. Your proposal is logical, but emotions rule when you've experienced a big nut punch for over a decade.

I agree with you zevo. The problem is that fans of the Bills have lost patience with this team.

The playoff drought, the continuous failed attempts at replacing Jim Kelly, the ineptitude of several head coaches(especially Jauron), the misconception that Ralph Wilson is cheap, the paranoia of the Bills possibly leaving the area, and being considered a laughingstock of the NFL, has really taken it's toll on many fans.

Patience is practically gone from the fans and they want results NOW. Unfortunately that will not happen. Nix & Gailey had told fans that this was going to take awhile when they took over, and while there were positive things from last year, the fans saw the Bills win-loss record get worse.

I like what Nix & Gailey have done so far and I think they can bring the Bills back to respectability and can make them a contender. Many other fans though feel that the Bills are not improving and that it'll be another long season with no playoffs in sight. That is a feeling that the fans have had to deal with for over 10 years now and they are sick of it.

Edited by Mark Vader

Many people are upset because we didn't sign our own lb back.

And guys like Clabo could be pieces long term that could help this team to not be laughed at every week

Poz is replaceable especially in the 3-4, sure he is a solid starter but injury prone and more of a pursuit guy than a difference maker, any middle linebacker worth anything makes a lot of tackles, few where behind the line of scrimmage. I hoped they could retain him, our front office must see some promise in our new draftees

Clabo would have been a nice acquisition however he is 30. he wasnt that spectacular, he made the probowl once while being surrounded by talent on his offense, a solid starter but not the complete stud some of us act like we are getting. By the time we might become competitive again he will be around 33-35 and will will have to find a replacement for our aging overpaid RT.

This team is not going to change over night with this free agency....Id rather let our draft picks play from last year and this year. Anyone who thinks we are going to be a good team this year is kidding themselves. Let our youngsters learn on the fly and we will be a better team for it. Grab our franchise qb in next years draft and in 2 years we will be back to being competitive.

Sadly, we have continued to pay the price of Donahoe. He ripped and tore the franchise apart filling our roster with those who just couldn't play.

All too many people cannot see the possibilities of this new regime because Chan and Buddy cannot turn around the failure overnight. But, unfortunately they are not seeing the pieces that are being put together and that's what it takes in the beginning a building process.

These new Bills have an outstanding wide receiver corps that can compete with any other team's (Yes, I think Stevie is for real and I am an Easley fan but I loved what I saw from Nelson and Jones plus Roscoe finally has a coach who knows how to use him.). I think our offensive line is going to keep getting better and if you really look at the statistics for the second half of last season you can see their improvement over what we had to put up with for the first nine years of the new century. Got to love Fred Jackson and we'll see if Spiller was a mistake (No, he didn't come in and win every rookie award but he was a rookie with potential so let's see if he ends up like Maybin or with a year under everyone's belt we will figure out how to use him.). Brad Smith just adds lots of dimension to the offense and I love Fitz' attitude, a gunslinger whose team is behind him and they all want to win!

So, we lost Poz who can't cover receivers and never was a factor at the line of scrimmage. All those tackles came from chasing down opponents and I will gladly entrust that Shepard can at least match that. Our defensive line will be ten times better than last year, which means our defensive backfield will have more opportunity to make plays rather than worrying about the run. Plus, this new 'D' will get the ball back quicker than last year's giving the offense that put up more than 19 points a game a chance to put more up.

So, get excited about where we are heading ... yes, we lost out on Clabo but we were in the game for him.

We are moving forward ... good things are ahead of us!

I agree with you zevo. The problem is that fans of the Bills have lost patience with this team.

The playoff drought, the continuous failed attempts at replacing Jim Kelly, the ineptitude of several head coaches(especially Jauron), the misconception that Ralph Wilson is cheap, the paranoia of the Bills possibly leaving the area, and being considered a laughingstock of the NFL, has really taken it's toll on many fans.

Patience is practically gone from the fans and they want results NOW. Unfortunately that will not happen. Nix & Gailey had told fans that this was going to take awhile when they took over, and while there were positive things from last year, the fans saw the Bills win-loss record get worse.

I like what Nix & Gailey have done so far and I think they can bring the Bills back to respectability and can make them a contender. Many other fans though feel that the Bills are not improving and that it'll be another long season with no playoffs in sight. That is a feeling that the fans have had to deal with for over 10 years now and they are sick of it.

This sums up my feelings better than I could've done.

I see a talentless roster and potentially a winless season ahead, and even though the bottoming out may be a necessary but painful step forward, I am just plain tired of it,

Many people are upset because we didn't sign our own lb back.

And guys like Clabo could be pieces long term that could help this team to not be laughed at every week

So the Bills not signing a mediocre MLB for star money is grounds for dissing the FO? And Clabo? The guy bounced around the league for a few years and is now so highly regarded that he is The One To Save The Bills? San Diego had Wood, Levitre and Urbik as the top 3 at their positions coming out of college and the Bills now have all three of them. And they're real young. As to people laughing at the Bills every week, well, I doubt it. With a first year coaching staff, lots of turmoil on the line, injuries, QB changes, running back injuries, etc., they still did pretty well overall. They certainly weren't the worst line in the league and the direction it's headed is very positive.

This sums up my feelings better than I could've done.

I see a talentless roster and potentially a winless season ahead, and even though the bottoming out may be a necessary but painful step forward, I am just plain tired of it,

Really? I'd say the team bottomed out in the beginning of last season and then started making gigantic steps of improvement (disregarding the brian brohm experiment at the end). Give me one reason why the Bills would be any worse in their 2011 campaign than last year. Thus far, the only big change from last year is subtracting Poz from the Front 7 and adding Dareus.

My personal prediction is 7-9. Maybe that's optimistic, but I'm just really curious as to why you think a winless season is a distinct possibility.

I'm guessing many Bills fans are unhappy because they have been experiencing delayed gratification for about the last 16 years. Your proposal is logical, but emotions rule when you've experienced a big nut punch for over a decade.

Agreed, receiving repeated close-handed blows to the scrotal sack over the course of 10+ years has exhausted almost all patience.

Perfect summary of the state of Bills Nation.

Sadly, we have continued to pay the price of Donahoe.

Who was succeeded by Levy and then Brandon.

Three GMs in a row who did not get the job done.

I understand those people who are skeptical of Ralph's latest hires.

Problem is, we have been on the two year plan for the last 5 years. Some teams can actually turn it around in two. For some reason we can't. Tomorrow never gets here let alone two years from now. Not saying this years FA's would make a difference but the years down the road philosphy is a win later instead of a win now philosophy and thats what the fans are getting tired of.

Edited by VADC Bills

its been over a decade man.....thats plenty of reason to be upset. this franchise is set back soo far they have no time to let young talent groom. This teams desperate. its a never ending pattern. With a slightly better DL I think we would have seen a better player in POZ. Now we have to fed the "we like who we have at that postion" garbage from nix.

12 years in a row gives us fans a reason to "so upset" and if you are not upset, then your honestly not a true fan.

This is exactly it really. Right on the nose. This thread in general brings up a slew of good points. It's hard to preach patience and logic to a fanbase that has been sucking wind for so long. Not to mention that we are one of the most passionate fanbases in the NFL.

I am trying my best to trust in Nix/Gailey. It can be frustrating to go on Pro Football Talk and see all these big names being thrown around to all the other teams, while the Bills (mostly, I love the Smith signing) stand pat. But Chan and Buddy have nothing to do with the ten years of futility that preceded them, so as a fan, a Bills fan, I just see no other option to support them and hope they know what's best for the team.

its been over a decade man.....thats plenty of reason to be upset. this franchise is set back soo far they have no time to let young talent groom. This teams desperate. its a never ending pattern. With a slightly better DL I think we would have seen a better player in POZ. Now we have to fed the "we like who we have at that postion" garbage from nix.

12 years in a row gives us fans a reason to "so upset" and if you are not upset, then your honestly not a true fan.

I see your point and I understand your frustration, and share it many ways. I loved Poz too, but do you REALLY think he was worth 7 mil a year? For six years? My jaw dropped when I saw those numbers...

Um...tired of stinking.

We will stink again this year.Management looks cheap and clueless.

No end in sight.

Is it Haiku time again already? YES!!!

I'm a fan that looks at football intelligently, yet I cerainly am affected by emotion. What frustrates me about this team, emotionally, is there is never a timetable for results. Year in and out we see mediocrity, going on almost 15 years. So, when we are outbid on guys like Clabo, Poz, and Burnett (who, coincidentally only cost something like 2 million a year in the end, and we couldn't match that! - are our guys - Torber and Davis really THAT good?), who are young enough to be instrumental in a long term rebuild, and when we show inability to resign guys, which really deflates the whole build through the draft approach - then yes, there is reason for concern.

Now, it always comes back to, These guys are the professionals, they know better than us. Yet, at the back of the Buffalo Bills fan's mind is the fact that the last three coaches had the same lines, while all the while the "experts" also said the same thing - that Buffalo can't compete, that Buffalo yet again does nothing while it's competitors improve. So, fine, we should, as fans, trust the coaches and front office - but, I think they should give the fans a real timeline. How long before we see success, and if we're not there, then it's their jobs. Because, what really gets all of us is the lack of urgency. It's like they're telling us (as we've heard for the last 15 years) that winning isn't the main goal. That isn't acceptable. Show some urgency. At least give us a timeline. Every other profession in this world has them.

its just crazy to see them not try and improve in every way possible. and once again ill say it. i dont expect them to go after guys like namdi/kolb or the top free agents but solid guys to add depth and leadership. and instead people are willing to say lets see what we got in our draft picks. its a recipe for losing