Kevin Burnett

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the way FA was handled this year worked against The Bills signing Clabo. Teams could only bring in their own FAs to a sit down, until (I believe) today at 6:00 PM. That was probably a gimme to the teams who lost the three days of exclusive dealings with their own players. Instead we got a free-for-all but players weren't allowed to travel to other teams for those three days. There's talk of retaining this system going forward. I'm against that.

Fins just released Crowder, probably to make room for Burnett, who they're meeting with tonight. If the Fins sign him as we sat (allegedly "needed" to sign our rookies today) all day on him, I won't be a happy camper....

I think the way FA was handled this year worked against The Bills signing Clabo. Teams could only bring in their own FAs to a sit down, until (I believe) today at 6:00 PM. That was probably a gimme to the teams who lost the three days of exclusive dealings with their own players. Instead we got a free-for-all but players weren't allowed to travel to other teams for those three days. There's talk of retaining this system going forward. I'm against that.

Perhaps, but that system did not hurt the Jags in their pursuit of Poz

I'd be stoked to get Burnett. He'd probably do a better job than Poz did. Possibly tackle somebody behind the LOS? Get er dun Buddy!

If we do end up getting Burnett, he would be way better than Poz, we would be able to rush from the inside and make some major hits

I wrote something similar in the Clabo thread earlier this morning. The system really kills teams like Buffalo who need to get guys into the facility so they can meet face to face.

Reports say Burnett is seeking a deal in the range of $5 million per year. That's reasonable to me. I say give him a five year/$25 million deal and be done with it.

Miami cutting Crowder right before Burnett is scheduled to visit leads me to believe he won't be leaving South Beach.

Because they offered him ridiculous money and a defensive alignment in which he's more comfortable.

It nice to see Poz get paid but his below average abilty in the 4/3 had a lot of fans feeling he would better in a 3/4...wrong.

Burnett gets hurt but he is tougher and more of a hitter than Poz.

Because they offered him ridiculous money and a defensive alignment in which he's more comfortable.

seven years 45 million is not ridiculous money. If we didn't offer the same thing, we're stupid. Interestingly, I feel that Poz has shown that he is too slow to play the 4-3. We'll see.

Perhaps, but that system did not hurt the Jags in their pursuit of Poz

On the other hand, Pos was in earnest pursuit of a 4-3.

Tim Graham just retweeted that Burnett is negotiating with Dolphins and the Crowder release was not a coincidence.

Buffalo loses again.

They were also trying to dump salary to get Orton there. How'd that work out for them?