Dareus signed

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and he's old...and he smells of Metamucil. :D

PTR

Guess when Ralph was born? (see screen name)

...some Ralph Wilson trivia. He was born on the same day as Rita Hayworth. (of course, she has been dead for a quarter of a decade) :)

I'm real happy about all of our draft picks signing on the dotted line and for less than years past. Doesn't this mean that we have to spend more money elsewhere though? Isn't it odd that the news on top TE free agents is virtually non existent? And why is there no news about signing Poz's replacement other than some interest in Burnett?

Have any of you noticed that anyone the Bill's have picked up in FA it came completely out of nowhere? And anyone that was highly publicized like Poz and Clabo the Bills lost in the exchange? Something is brewing behind the scenes and when we hear about it, it's going to be a complete surprise. We are going to get someone. I just hope it isn't going to start a riot when we hear about it. Tensions seem to be at an all time high for this time of year.

I time warped your post back one year PTF ...

I mean we were in most games last year with a crap defense head coach (Jauron). It's gotta get better this year with Chan Gailey. We have to do better than 7-9.

How soon we forget.

But that being said, if Merriman can find a way to play in games this season it's hard to argue against the defense at least being better this year.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Last year's No. 3 pick got $63 million, with $35 million guaranteed, over five years.

If I recall, based on the new CBA, all round one contracts are 4 years with a team option for a fifth year. The fifth year salary for a number 3 pick is the average of the top 5 (or 10) contracts at that players position. Given that is about 8 mill or so (my guess) this has the chance to be 5 years at about 28 million guaranteed. Great money, but still less than last year would have gotten Dareus.