Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing the actual verified amount we offered him.

I would take a wild guess and say we offered him about $30M over 5 years. He probably chose to stay in a town where his wife and kids are settled and play for a playoff team rather than come to Buffalo. If he signed for that low, it's pretty evident he wasn't leaving regardless and was just using us for leverage. It happens.

Then they didn't offer enough. Case closed.

How much would've been too much? What was your cap on him?

Keep in mind he was a probowl alternate, and even that was with a great cast around him (lines Often go in packs)

I wanted him badly too, but not at any cost. I'd give more than 5, but whats the cutoff.

all 3 of those guys are below avg. and are small upgrades over what we have now.

according to scouts inc all are significant upgrades over what we have and all are young with a lot of upside (though harris has had some injury issues). none are like Clabo in terms of size and mean streak though. i like trueblood alot, but oh well.

Is it possible that clabo had no intention of leaving Atlanta and wouldn't have signed with any other team either? Or could it only be that buffalo is awful. It seems a lot is being read into this situation.

i wish you luck as you fight to be the voice of reason.

at 5/$25mil, i have to believe we came in above that. doesnt seem Clabo had much intention of ever leaving if he signed that deal.

How much would've been too much? What was your cap on him?

Keep in mind he was a probowl alternate, and even that was with a great cast around him (lines Often go in packs)

I wanted him badly too, but not at any cost. I'd give more than 5, but whats the cutoff.

8-9 mill a year, 5 years.

You gotta PAY if you want them to PLAY. WTF is the front office going to do with all that coin they have laying around in burlap sacks anyway?

Well, that's a bummer. I'm surprised the final amount was that low. Lower than Colon's deal, and he missed last year. I get that ATL matched our offer, but I thought it would be higher. Interesting to see where the Bills try to spend their money next. Hopefully they can successfully address at least one weakness in free agency.

Most likely the case.

However, if the Bills really wanted him I'm sure they could've gave him an offer he couldn't refuse and the Falcons couldn't match. I guess Nix and co didn't think he was worth it, but overpaying for Brad Smith certainly was.

I'm confused.

Giving smith an extra 2-3 million is very similar to Joe arguing we offer clabo 20m more than Atlanta

according to scouts inc all are significant upgrades over what we have and all are young with a lot of upside (though harris has had some injury issues). none are like Clabo in terms of size and mean streak though. i like trueblood alot, but oh well.

Colts drafted 2 OTs this year for a reason. Trueblood lets DEs walk to the QB. Harris is a zone blocking RT who in 4 yrs has played all 16 games once.

Edited by bills_red

it was hardly a secret the Bills were interested in Clabo. however, i take true issue in how this blog (the person who runs the site claims it's not a blog, but i beg to differ) presented its version of the story today.

first it reported that the deal was done, and its source was very trustworthy and they wouldn't be reporting this if it wasn't. and then they reported that the news would come down later tonight.

well, it did, and not the way this blog reported it would.

and then we get a convenient explanation on how things apparently went down, and how this blog correctly reported the wrong story.

sorry, this is more than a pet peeve of mine when it comes to some (and i stress some) bloggers. in this business, being first is always the goal, but being accurate is more important. an apology is in order, otherwise, this site is essentially what it claims it isn't: a blog.

jw

Edited by john wawrow