Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

Agreed and agreed. Thats why I said earlier in the thread that the Bills better have come in with an offer that forces him to decide "Do I want to stay in Atlanta with a winning team and better city, or take the better money offer?" Because money is our only available advantage right now in this situation. We can easily outbid the Falcons, we better have.

Buffalo has a horrible reputation with NFL players (and people in general). Sabres have reversed their bad rep. That's why I'm thinking the Falcons will have a chance to match and will get a bit of a hometown discount if the numbers work. It would not have gone this long if Clabo did not want to stay in Atlanta.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we PLEASE keep this about Clabo and not who has the better nightlife!

Sure, what news do you have? Or are you just here to B word?

If you dont see how that discussion applies to a possible free agent making a decision to leave his team and come to Buffalo, I dont know what to tell you. All of those things will be factored in his decision. Even more so if he is married and has a family.

Edited by DrDareustein

Sure, what news do you have? Or are you just here to B word?

If you dont see how that discussion applies to a possible free agent making a decision to leave his team and come to Buffalo, I dont know what to tell you. All of those things will be factored in his decision. Even more so if he is married and has a family.

Look at the thread title and you tell me....

Agreed and agreed. Thats why I said earlier in the thread that the Bills better have come in with an offer that forces him to decide "Do I want to stay in Atlanta with a winning team and better city, or take the better money offer?" Because money is our only available advantage right now in this situation. We can easily outbid the Falcons, we better have.

Better city in your opinion. Very subjective analysis. You state it as fact. I myself really enjoy Buffalo, and have lived elsewhere and visited every city in this country pretty much. Its funny that the worst ambassadors of this city are the people that left 10 or 15 years ago. Buffalo is a much different place, and I believe is making a nice, albeit slow, turnaround. My Orange County, California wife loves it here, and wouldn't live anywhere else after spending the last 3 years here. So, quit spouting your factual comparison that Atlanta is so much better than Buffalo. To each their own.

By the way, I enjoy Atlanta, but the traffic and the southern culture gets on my nerves real quick. But that is just me.

Better city in your opinion. Very subjective analysis. You state it as fact. I myself really enjoy Buffalo, and have lived elsewhere and visited every city in this country pretty much. Its funny that the worst ambassadors of this city are the people that left 10 or 15 years ago. Buffalo is a much different place, and I believe is making a nice, albeit slow, turnaround. My Orange County, California wife loves it here, and wouldn't live anywhere else after spending the last 3 years here. So, quit spouting your factual comparison that Atlanta is so much better than Buffalo. To each their own.

By the way, I enjoy Atlanta, but the traffic and the southern culture gets on my nerves real quick. But that is just me.

Definitely only opinion, and I love Buffalo. I was stating that from Clabo's perspective of someone who has lived here and called it home and Buffalo being a brand new city for him. That is all. Maybe he prefers the small town atmosphere. That would be awesome! I was just discussing the decision he is faced with, not ripping on Buffalo.

Edited by DrDareustein

Spend some time in Atlanta. The city is about 500,000 and what we would call burbs is about 3.5 million. The traffic is just insane. You can drive to work on Sunday in 20 minutes. During the week, plan for close to an hour. You spend your life traffic and the area looks like Sheridan drive on steroids. If a player is looking for quality of life, you'll have a better fit in Buffalo. It's not just about night life. Clabo's decision will likely have to include who's closer to the big dance....and the Falcons are really close. Still, they are capped out and we have some coin. Let's hope if works out.

Are you 19 now?

33. Every time I go back I'm reminded of why I left. The last time I was there was in late April for the hockey playoffs. 1st day there my 5 year old looks up at me and says "Daddy it's cold here." I chuckled but he was right. It had been relatively warm where we live now for a month and a half. First day there it snowed...on April 20 something.

I realize that everyone gets their dander up but the truth is the truth. The weather in Buffalo sucks and it's a factor when deciding on where you want to live your life.

On a more pragmatic level, how much more do the Bills have to pay somebody just to offset the higher taxes they'll pay on that income?

Definitely only opinion, and I love Buffalo. I was stating that from Clabo's perspective of someone who has lived here and called it home and Buffalo being a brand new city for him. That is all. Maybe he prefers the small town atmosphere. That would be awesome! I was just discussing the decision he is faced with, not ripping on Buffalo.

Cool, much better approach. It gets old having people bash the city. I never understand why people who are fans of the team would want to do that in the first place on a Bills discussion board, even if they feel that way. Better not to say anything at all, in my opinion. There are blogs and other areas to discuss civic matters.

As for Clabo, that would be absolutely huge!!! Our offensive line would be so much improved, and dear I say it, we might have a little depth there with Wang, Hairston, Wrotto, Pears, and Hangartner.

My personal view is that Atlanta has sort of a sterile feel to it - Buffalo has a lot more character and history. If given the choice, I imagine more people would pick Atlanta over Buffalo than the other way around but that would be to some extent based on perception rather than reality. Having grown up in Buffalo and having a brother who has lived in Atlanta for awhile, it would be a very close call for me if I had to chose between the two cities.

Re Clabo, there are obviously a bunch of factors that would influence his decision, but it is probably fair to assume that if the money were exactly the same, he would be more likely to stay in Atlanta than come to Buffalo.

Buffalo has a horrible reputation with NFL players (and people in general). Sabres have reversed their bad rep. That's why I'm thinking the Falcons will have a chance to match and will get a bit of a hometown discount if the numbers work. It would not have gone this long if Clabo did not want to stay in Atlanta.

This

I suspect the big factor is going to be the benjamins, but I think as well that money being close, he will stay in atlanta. Great qb, exciting offense, big market and familiarity with the system would be factors to consider. Lesson- we better come high in the dollars or stay home. He would be a huge asset for our offense if we can get him.

33. Every time I go back I'm reminded of why I left. The last time I was there was in late April for the hockey playoffs. 1st day there my 5 year old looks up at me and says "Daddy it's cold here." I chuckled but he was right. It had been relatively warm where we live now for a month and a half. First day there it snowed...on April 20 something.

I realize that everyone gets their dander up but the truth is the truth. The weather in Buffalo sucks and it's a factor when deciding on where you want to live your life.

On a more pragmatic level, how much more do the Bills have to pay somebody just to offset the higher taxes they'll pay on that income?

You stating that the weather sucks is an opinion, not fact. Many people enjoy the snow and the cold. Just because it's what you think doesn't make it fact.

It simply comes down to big city vs blue collar town. Most rich, young people will pick a big city, especially one in a warmer climate.

Is it guaranteed? Absolutely not.

Is it important? Yes. We don't have a playoff team, Buffalo isn't a "cool" place, and the weather is for lovers of cold. We keep very few of our good, young players, there's a reason why.

So you live in inner city Buffalo or a suburb? Just curious?

Been here 7 years and love it. Great city with TONS to do at all times. 9 months of good weather. Out of the 6mil people here, it seems at least 4mil are pretty girls between the ages of 20-28. Lots of successful businesses, and lots of money being passed around.

Sorry but unless you are from Buffalo and have family there, its not even close. Atlanta is the LA/NYC of the south. Couldnt be a better place to be a 20-something/30-something millionaire.

Sorry dude, But Miami is the place to be in the south. Miami is the NYC/LA of the south.. We got ATL beat on most levels, Women,beaches,clubs,strip clubs.. Seriously dude MIA is the king of the south....

You stating that the weather sucks is an opinion, not fact. Many people enjoy the snow and the cold. Just because it's what you think doesn't make it fact.

Like I said, dander up. Some of the roughly 1 million people who live around there like the weather. Most of the other 299 million in the US wouldn't. I'll play the odds that a person from Tennessee who went to Wake Forest and has most recently lived in Georgia wouldn't be overly enthralled with the quirky character of the weather.

It simply comes down to big city vs blue collar town. Most rich, young people will pick a big city, especially one in a warmer climate.

Is it guaranteed? Absolutely not.

Is it important? Yes. We don't have a playoff team, Buffalo isn't a "cool" place, and the weather is for lovers of cold. We keep very few of our good, young players, there's a reason why.

FA's don't have to worry much about the weather in Buffalo. They would miss most of the winter..

Sorry dude, But Miami is the place to be in the south. Miami is the NYC/LA of the south.. We got ATL beat on most levels, Women,beaches,clubs,strip clubs.. Seriously dude MIA is the king of the south....

Now THIS is hijacking a thread...

If you can deal with feeling like you are in Mexico and English is a second language. I guess i like living in America. Not Miami/Cuba/Mexico.