Schefter

Mr. WEO

Gotta say--this guy has been breaking news for months--from the CBA to FA. Many here dumped on him when he left NFL, saying he would lose all his juice when his connections turned their backs on him. This was all predictably false.

I guess it's still, in some circles, hip to trash ESPN as a lightweight "making news, not breaking news" outfit.

I've also noticed the NFL try to pump up Albert Breer, who seems to be Schefter's replacement at NFLN and who I'm sure, like Shefter before him, benefits from getting early word on things from the League. Nothing like promoting one's own brand.....

I've also noticed the NFL try to pump up Albert Breer, who seems to be Schefter's replacement at NFLN and who I'm sure, like Shefter before him, benefits from getting early word on things from the League. Nothing like promoting one's own brand.....

I thought his replacement was Jason LaCanfora(sp)?

Gotta say--this guy has been breaking news for months--from the CBA to FA. Many here dumped on him when he left NFL, saying he would lose all his juice when his connections turned their backs on him. This was all predictably false.

I guess it's still, in some circles, hip to trash ESPN as a lightweight "making news, not breaking news" outfit.

ESPN deserves all of the trashing it gets. Doesnt mean Shef isnt on game.

ESPN annoys me. I watch it because I don't have NFLN. The second I do get NFLN Im off ESPN like I just found out she was HIV +. Schefter annoys me too. He talks like everyone out there is 6 years old. Some are, but they don't count.

Shefter won't be annoying to you if you put him next to Mort and Clayton. :thumbsup:

Who said Schefter would lose his juice going to BSPN?

I was one of them.

As for dumping on ESPN, read below. Everyone says "I never watch it, ...etc" but it is hands down the primary sports news source in this country.

I was one of them.

As for dumping on ESPN, read below. Everyone says "I never watch it, ...etc" but it is hands down the primary sports news source in this country.

Jay Glazer at Fox is just as good and probably better than Schefter. LaCanfora also has a very good track record at NFLN, so i dont Schefter as being any better than him either.

I was one of them.

WEO, most people get their sports news online, not ESPN on tv.

ESPN is not hands down the primary source. Yahoo Sports is - http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/05/18/sports-online-web-traffic-for-april-2011/

ESPN was in second by 10million visitors as of Jan this year. They are closing the gap.

But still not hands down. Not even close.

I was one of them.

So the "many here" meant you as well? And I don't know why anyone would think he'd lose all his connections. NFLN and ESPN have a very friendly relationship.

If I turn to ESPN, it's for the crawler at the bottom. I rarely even visit their website. And they're HQ'd in the

ESPN annoys me. I watch it because I don't have NFLN. The second I do get NFLN Im off ESPN like I just found out she was HIV +. Schefter annoys me too. He talks like everyone out there is 6 years old. Some are, but they don't count.

I have been on NFLN for a week straight all day (I work at home) and I have not once even checked in with ESPN. I like everyone at NFLN, except Dukes he is just a loud mouth.

Trust me, the NFL network isn't much better.

So did you ever find the Toronto Kid? How did that go?

Jay Glazer at Fox is just as good and probably better than Schefter. LaCanfora also has a very good track record at NFLN, so i dont Schefter as being any better than him either.

Maybe, but I don't see those breaking many of these rapidly developing stories. They report what is reported and attribute to "league sources".

WEO, most people get their sports news online, not ESPN on tv.

ESPN is not hands down the primary source. Yahoo Sports is - http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/05/18/sports-online-web-traffic-for-april-2011/

ESPN was in second by 10million visitors as of Jan this year. They are closing the gap.

But still not hands down. Not even close.

Well, obviously if you add internet to TV, ESPN is coming out way ahead. There is no other national sports channel and many cable services (Time Warner, Cablebvision) haven't carried NFLN.

This is a crap thread, I was looking for info he may of released or something and got nothing....

See? You make my point. You can find all sorts of info from Schefter on several active threads on this site.

So the "many here" meant you as well? And I don't know why anyone would think he'd lose all his connections. NFLN and ESPN have a very friendly relationship.

If I turn to ESPN, it's for the crawler at the bottom. I rarely even visit their website. And they're HQ'd in the

Yes, you read that correctly. I figured him to be like Chris Brown ("lead reporter")--a shill for the company, that he was being fed his leads by the league, as an employee. Since he squeezed them for money, didn't think he would get scoops. Obviously I was wrong, hence the post. The guy is blowing away his colleagues.