Florence re-ups with Bills, 3 years 15M reported

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be funny if the Jets are driving up the price for Florence with Buffalo in a seemingly desperate mode at CB? Kinda like Edmonton signing Vanek to the offer sheet 4 years ago after the Sabres lost Drury and Briere.

Edited by BillsVet

We're going to go all out to make sure we don't lose him too. Like I said in the shoutbox, he has ties with Nix and he definitely has enjoyed his time with the franchise. Hopefully that will keep him here.

Agreed, but the Jets are a hell of a lot closer to the Superbowl then we are.

The Bills can't be undervaluing everyone. They've got to have a realistic market value on guys... so, if they lose a battle to teams for guys like Poz and Florence, then there might just be a chance we'll sign players equally good or better to replace them. Nix did say, as much as not making a splash, that they were very much looking to aquire players that would make them better - so, if they lose Poz and Florence, I just don't see them not trying to make aquisitions. It is still early, and we've got more money to spend than a lot of teams.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Jets are driving up the price for Florence with Buffalo in a seemingly desperate mode at CB? Kinda like Edmonton signing Vanek to the offer sheet 4 years ago after the Sabres lost Drury and Briere.

Would be funny if I wasn't a bills fan. But I was thinking the same thing.

If I was D-Flo I'd pick the Jets over Buffalo, Jets have a shot at the playoffs Buffalo has no shot. Ad the fact he is 30, bye D-Flo have fun in NJ.

I definitely wouldn't if I were him. With the current defensive backfield that the Jets have, florence would be playing half as much as he does with the Bills. The Jets have a bunch of good, young DBs that will start over Florence. Hopefully he signs with us because we can't lose our best corner right now.

agreed except Edmonton wasn't a division opponent. That said, after hearing how they effed the Kings in the A, it sounds like their GM is just a jerk.

Losing Florence would hurt far, far more than losing Poz. We are thin at CB as it is.

GO BILLS!!!

That's odd. I thought that I remembered the Bills drafting 2 corners and a safety in April. One of which they liked so much that they took him at the beginning of the second round.

Florence had a very good year in 2010. Last season he was so-so from where I sit. Do I want them to keep him? Yes. If for no other reason, to avoid another stomach wrenching scenario of defensive backs musical chairs.

The thing is, right now Nix should be on the phone with the agents of Kevin Boss, and the agents for the best OTs. They will help us way more than Florence, who may not even start if he goes to the jests.

Jets are going after Nnamdi so Florence is safe, but if they do they will own the division and will win the superbowl.

Not going to happen, Namdi will want way too much money. Florence makes sense. the Jets are about a mil over the cap and want to keep Holmes and Edwards. They would have to purge them to sign Namdi.