I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!

jahnyc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jags paid pos $7M PER YEAR!! That's too much. I'm not upset we didn't win that bidding war. I shudder to think of the reaction on this board if we would have signed him for that amount or more- shades of the Kelsay deal. To put that in perspective. There are only 8 ILBs in the league making 7 or more per year.

I have not bought tickets or merchandise in 4 years now. Tired of the f___ng bullcrap. Nix is happy with the tackles on the roster. He must be the only human being on the planet thinking our tackles are good enough

Amen to that. I'm a bit of a homer but this drives me crazy. Every football expert says it starts with the big men up front. The Bills have been trying to disprove this theory for close to 20 years, and if not for the quick feet of Flutie, would be dangerously close to riding this ideology to a 20 year playoff drought.

Poz signed for $7 mil per year. The Bills drafted two ILBs from the SEC. Both were top tacklers in the SEC. The Bills are fine, and I almost think they had the foresight that Poz would be gone judging from their draft (as well as lack of depth too). They f'd up with Kelsay, we all know it. They weren't going to do the same with Poz, thankfully. Addition by subtraction. Good luck Poz. Enjoy your riches and lack of fans in Jacksonville.

Now it is back to the mega frustrating Buffalo Bills organization.

How can the GM of the Bills with a huge amount of free cap space tell the fans that the Bill will not be spending money on free agents? How is this even possible? Then the reporter for the Bills tells us that we will not be targeting any of the top 70 free agents. What the GM tells us is that we will sign our own players, but we lose Poz, a guy they badly want to re-sign and praised as a leader. He was the one starter that most experts said we needed to keep (and the experts are usually more right than our GM). It looks bad to lose him and I doubt we have a back-up plan. I did not think Poz was a pro bowl caliber player, but he is probably better than any other available middle linebacker. Please don't tell me that Sheppard will be able to step in.

I agree that Poz chased the money, but we are left with yet another hole and the near certainty that it will not be adequately filled.

Sorry for the negative post, but I continue to have no confidence in this organization.

You will take it and like it too!

Poz signed for $7 mil per year. The Bills drafted two ILBs from the SEC. Both were top tacklers in the SEC. The Bills are fine, and I almost think they had the foresight that Poz would be gone judging from their draft (as well as lack of depth too). They f'd up with Kelsay, we all know it. They weren't going to do the same with Poz, thankfully. Addition by subtraction. Good luck Poz. Enjoy your riches and lack of fans in Jacksonville.

This.

Listen, I'm not one to sat Poz was a Pro Bowl player, but he was solid, a good leader and lockerroom guy and more specifically a guy we drafted. No matter who the coach or GM has been, out motto has been "build the team through the draft and keeping our players". Problem is....WE NEVER KEEP OUR OWN PLAYERS! Other than Kelsay, which still makes me vomit, we don't keep any of them. Makes it pretty tough to rebuild...

Yup, we've been rebuilding since '95 and we'll still be rebuilding in 2020. You'd think we'd be good at it by now. :angry:

Yup, we've been rebuilding since '95 and we'll still be rebuilding in 2020. You'd think we'd be good at it by now. :angry:

Reminds of when the place I worked said they were going to be reorganizing and I thought how can they be reorganizing when they've never been organized in the first place.

The Jags paid pos $7M PER YEAR!! That's too much. I'm not upset we didn't win that bidding war. I shudder to think of the reaction on this board if we would have signed him for that amount or more- shades of the Kelsay deal. To put that in perspective. There are only 8 ILBs in the league making 7 or more per year.

Agreed. I am a big fan of Poz but that is too much money for him IMO. The next question is will we lose Florence to the Jets (but they're also looking at Asomugha so who knows)? I hope we pay to keep Drayton but do not overpay for anyone. I'm waiting to see who we go into pre-season with before panicking. The Kelsay deal still stumps me but I'll wait and see how he plays this year to see how bad the deal was.

It looks like they are still working to switch to the 3-4 defense and Poz was a casualty of it. It shouldn't surprise people this happened at 7 mil per year and a six year deal. The Jags are reaching here.

Tulloch, Burnett, Ruud or Stewart Bradley are possibilities and I believe Kelvin Sheppard will have an immediate impact for us.

On a side note, has anyone heard anything about anyone being interested in Whitner yet?

Edited by hammie65

Now it is back to the mega frustrating Buffalo Bills organization.

How can the GM of the Bills with a huge amount of free cap space tell the fans that the Bill will not be spending money on free agents? How is this even possible? Then the reporter for the Bills tells us that we will not be targeting any of the top 70 free agents. What the GM tells us is that we will sign our own players, but we lose Poz, a guy they badly want to re-sign and praised as a leader. He was the one starter that most experts said we needed to keep (and the experts are usually more right than our GM). It looks bad to lose him and I doubt we have a back-up plan. I did not think Poz was a pro bowl caliber player, but he is probably better than any other available middle linebacker. Please don't tell me that Sheppard will be able to step in.

I agree that Poz chased the money, but we are left with yet another hole and the near certainty that it will not be adequately filled.

Sorry for the negative post, but I continue to have no confidence in this organization.

Sorry, but I just can't share your frustration. Poz was average at best and was hurt twice. He couldn't cover anybody in the passing game and I just can't say that whoever replaces him won't be just as good or better. He wasn't a favorite of mine and I am not disappointed in the least to see him go.

The Jets , with no sal cap money are trying to re-arange contacts to sign Asomugha and edwards,Holmes while we, with 40 million extra cap space to spare are not targeting anyone in top 70???? Why Not??> R we going ot give bounus money to our current existing mediocre group to get to minimal sal cap money per team? What a friggin organization thi is that urinates on supporters year after year....

This never happened

Sup bro. That was my OP that reported Chris Brown on the John DiTulio show in Rochester on Friday at around 5:15pm interviewed Chris Brown. Those were indeed his comments. Don't call me a liar when you are in the wrong. Thank you.

We have no players left on our roster from our 2007 draft.

On another board, some are reporting that Nix was on WGR this morning and said that we would not replace Poz through free agency. This I doubt is true, particularly with Davis coming back from a significant injury.

what is so tough to figure out? The Buffalo Bills organization is looked at as one of the 3 biggest dump piles in the league. Tell me one good reason why a FA WOULD want to play here? No proven QB, no playoffs in a decade, a bush league front office, a meddling owner and uncertainty of the teams future. It is what it is - they have to nail the drafts. Have you noticed that the only reason QBs come here is because they have a chance to start.....Hey, I go to all the games and support this team but come on, to act surprised is just foolish.

This couldn't be said any better, and to add that we seem to be following the Buddy Nix plan of developing our own talent, and to be honest, Pozluzny was average at best, and even a backup caliber player, but when you let your drafted players walk, what plan are we really following?

I'll answer that for you, the Ralph Wilson plan. It's simple, keep the profits up, costs down, and winning? ehhh let's hope we win some. Go ahead and look at the river of talent this team has hemorrhaged over the last 50 years and it makes you furious to see how much better this team could have been year in and year out if the owner was seriously committed to winning.

It's time to stop kidding yourselves. I love watching the team because they are my home town team, and always hope for the best, but I no longer kid myself that this team will ever be a winner again as long as RW owns the team.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

The Bills never make a big splash in free agency. This has been the case since Donahoe. If their lack of activity surprises you, I can only assume you haven't been paying much attention over the years. Yah, it's frustrating, but that's just how it is.

This couldn't be said any better, and to add that we seem to be following the Buddy Nix plan of developing our own talent, and to be honest, Pozluzny was average at best, and even a backup caliber player, but when you let your drafted players walk, what plan are we really following?

I'll answer that for you, the Ralph Wilson plan. It's simple, keep the profits up, costs down, and winning? ehhh let's hope we win some. Go ahead and look at the river of talent this team has hemorrhaged over the last 50 years and it makes you furious to see how much better this team could have been year in and year out if the owner was seriously committed to winning.

It's time to stop kidding yourselves. I love watching the team because they are my home town team, and always hope for the best, but I no longer kid myself that this team will ever be a winner again as long as RW owns the team.

yes, and why is that so hard for some people to comprehend?

he's the monty burns of pro football and he couldn't give a fug whether the team is good or not as long as the money comes in. there were a few nie years in the 90s when he seemed to think otherwise, but for at least 80% of his tenure, he's making fools out of the fanbase here.