Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would like to see what Poz can do with this improved D line in front of him.....

Darius - Blue Chipper stud

Williams - Pro Bowler

Carrington - a raw beast last year.....got better every game

Troupe - now looks like a LEGIT nose in a 3-4 at 325 pounds

Dwan Edwards - Our second best linemen before he got hurt

Our down linemen are VASTLY improved.....they should be able to tie up blockers and allow Poz to roam.

Problem is we will only play 3 at one me and Kelsay is part of the equation. I'd rather go 4 - 3 with these guys.

Someone answer this for me... How are we better with Poz not on the roster?

Obviously you can't see into the future. If we sign Poz it will be for way too much. When the Bills sign players they over pay, but when other teams sign players its at the price determined by the market and market value is always a good deal. Signing Poz for a record contract because hes a fan a favorite and likes Polish sausage with sauerkraut, spicy mustard, onions, and all the fixings, prevents us from making any other moves for some reason. What don't you understand?

Edited by Jauronimo

Obviously you can't see into the future. If we sign Poz it will be for way too much. When the Bills sign players they over pay, but when other teams sign players its at the price determined by the market and market value is always a good deal. Signing Poz for a record contract because hes a fan a favorite and likes Polish sausage with sauerkraut, spicy mustard, onions, and all the fixings, prevents us from making any other moves for some reason. What don't you understand?

Yet another good answer, you have swayed my vote let's get rid of our second best defensive player

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

is every draft pick that doesn't evolve into potential hall of famer considered a bust? hes a decent starting linebacker after being a 2nd round draft pick. 4 years in the league, 2008 Bills defensive player of the year, team captain. Hes no superstar but hardly a bust.

is every draft pick that doesn't evolve into potential hall of famer considered a bust? hes a decent starting linebacker after being a 2nd round draft pick. 4 years in the league, 2008 Bills defensive player of the year, team captain. Hes no superstar but hardly a bust.

Well said.

So you've assumed an asset allocation for the Bills, Patriots, Jets, Saints and Packers based on the "try hard high motor average to slightly above average guys" and "difference making superstars and journeymen supporting cast members" strategies, and further assumed that the Bills team building philisophy is based on your original assumption? That's a lot of assuming on some pretty subjective areas.

No one disagrees with you that over paying whether for stars, average or depth is counter productive.

No assumption. I really would like to know if there is any correlation between success rates for teams with a high variance in salary vs teams with a low variance in salary. What do I mean by that? I imagine there are some teams that comparatively have more highly paid difference making players relative to their position and a bunch of low paid role players. Other teams with a low variance would have a bunch of middle range guys and no well paid stars so to speak.

Maybe those teams are the Saints, Packer, Patriots etc. I don't know. That is why I would like to know if there was ever a study done. I would imagine a team with difference making stars and low paid role players would ultimately be more successful than a team comprised of average to slightly above average guys across the board being overpaid for what they do.

Could be completely wrong but it's an interesting question.

Tweet from Glazer:

Jay_Glazer

RT @SuperEARLII: @AdamSchefter @alexmarvez @blekas @CoachBillick @Jay_Glazer Whats the interest out there for poslusny?>He'll sign w Jags

Seems like it's more opinion than anything, but sounding like he's a goner.

when i think of NFL insiders, I think of Jay glazer...

no wait, that's when I think of Mr kleen.

According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, free agent MLB Paul Posluszny will sign with the Jaguars.

Glazer only said this in response to a Twitter question, but he wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. There isn't a more accurate reporter on the NFL. Adding fire to the smoke was a previous report from NFL Network that the Jaguars were indeed targeting Posluszny. It looks like Kirk Morrison is no longer a lock to return, at least at the middle linebacker position. Related: Jaguars, Kirk MorrisonSource: Jay Glazer on Twitter Jul 26, 8:41 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Glazer/statuses/96016045315325952

RT @SuperEARLII: @AdamSchefter @alexmarvez @blekas @CoachBillick @Jay_Glazer Whats the interest out there for poslusny?>He'll sign w Jags

So who the heck are we gonna spent 36 million on? More 2nd tier players, great.

Edited by bills_red

I loved the image of Poz more than the player. We got killed up the seam every year he and Whitner were in place. Table stakes for a LB is that they can tackle and Poz could--we need more than that. Hopefully we find two ILBs to pair with Shep and Davis that can play. There is more supply than demand this year. We will get some bargains, not mortgage the future and continue to build through the draft.

Even with this--#51 you have a fan wherever you go...

BTW -- let's start working on extensions for Fitzy, Stevie, Levitre and Wood...