Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

Oh this brings up so many questions....

How much did we offer him? We supposedly tried "hard" to keep him. So he left even though we were throwing money at him? What does it say about our organization that our defensive playcaller didn't want to come back even with a fat contract? What does it say about the Bills that they were throwing money at a guy that didn't want to stay AND, at least in the opinion of the peanut gallery here, is injury prone and wasn't even that good?

jacksonville offered more money, less taxes and better weather...what could be better?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the image we all have of Poz is very different from what we actually got on the field.

Can someone please tell me the last time Poz broke up a play in the backfield? The last major big impact sack he had? The last time he actually defended a pass across the middle? When you compare Poz to Patrick Willis it's like they're not even playing the same game. We will miss his experience but his production was far from all world.

I think the image we all have of Poz is very different from what we actually got on the field.

Can someone please tell me the last time Poz broke up a play in the backfield? The last major big impact sack he had? The last time he actually defended a pass across the middle? When you compare Poz to Patrick Willis it's like they're not even playing the same game. We will miss his experience but his production was far from all world.

That's not the point. The fact is we have no one else proven behind him and along with several reports that we plan on targeting the cheapest free agents available doesn't bode well at all.

Good point but look who has been playing in front of him. I like KW but not a space eater that frees up LB's to make plays.

As a coach, genius. A HoF coach. Should canton kick him out for being a bad GM?

Yea I know that dick.

just a regular game. highlights and lowlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRP-1ijvmyQ

Keep in mind, we have no one to replace him. Yet.

Not a star, but yet another reason why force-feeding players into the 3-4 set their rebuild back. The Bills had a huge task on their hands when Nix and Gailey took over in early 2010 and actually made it worse with this defense change. Was there that much value to being a 3-4 team considering the events since the decision was made?

For everyone saying this is great news, earlier today, Buddy was quoted as saying, “He’s a leader for us. He’s our kind of guy. He’s a tough guy, he’s smart. We want him back. He’s a good locker room guy and he’s a good player.” No matter how you slice it, this loss, if it becomes official, is a step back for Buddy's plan to get this team back to the playoffs.

Edited by rluchette

Some of the ignorance here is appalling. This is a huge blow for our already horrific defense. Poz was just starting to come into his own as a linebacker. That is about par for the course for the Bills. Keep him until he is on the verge of his prime and then refuse to pay. If a guy who has missed 6 games over the last 3 seasons is injury prone than that is 75% of the NFL. He got hurt early in his career, and all of a sudden he is injury prone? Give me a break. This is a huge loss, and one of the most embarrassing LB corps in the NFL just got worse.