Schefter reports

Did not mean for this to turn into another Ralph is cheap thread. :oops:

We're just doing our best at keeping the trolls at bay. Hopefully when they see that someone has already covered the "Ralph is cheap" angle, they'll turn around and go visit another thread :thumbsup:

We're just doing our best at keeping the trolls at bay. Hopefully when they see that someone has already covered the "Ralph is cheap" angle, they'll turn around and go visit another thread :thumbsup:

Greatly appreciated, PTR usually comes down hard on the Ralph is cheap crowd.

Yep. And he only did it because everyone else did it.

He always was going to do it.

The real shame lies in the fact that he absolutely could have floated their pay across the lockout, but didn't. These are people without millions of dollars.

But apparently, a lot of NFL owners pulled the same ****, so whatever.

I'll bite--why did they have to stop paying these people in the first place? It's not a very large company and they certainly had the cash on hand--especially if OBD thought they wouldn't be paying players this year?

I'll bite--why did they have to stop paying these people in the first place? It's not a very large company and they certainly had the cash on hand--especially if OBD thought they wouldn't be paying players this year?

My guess would be it was political, i.e. the owners saying to people "because the players didn't accept our proposal, regular people are losing their jobs/getting their pay cut." And more than a few owners did this.