If Poz leaves, will you be upset??

Scrappy

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's London Fletcher, 2.0.

He'll make 125 tackles, but none behind the line of scrimmage. He'll recover a fumble or two, but never force one. He'll be in his hole more often than not, but he's not bringing any wood when he gets there.

But we run a 3-4 and we have about 2.5 linebackers on the whole roster (poz, moats (.5), Merriman (.5) and our 3rd rounder (.5).

So I guess we gotta keep him. I guess.

I don't see anyone better on the Bills at the position or in free agency at the moment so I pay him within reason+ a little bit - if someone pays him a ton or he really wants to go somewhere else like the giants to play in a 4-3 then I'd probably look at Moats, and Chris White from the Bills, Stewart Bradley Philly, and UFA Mario Harvey, Mark Herzlich.

Poz is a good linebacker that is injury prone. Period. With the roster we have now, and the projected cap being $120 million plus, we should spend a bit to keep him. I wouldn't overspend, but the money is there. ILB is a position that needs to be upgraded in the future through FA or the draft, so I wouldn't stand pat after this either.

I've been disappointed with Poz' play. Maybe that's due to the personnel in front of him, but I can't see re-signing him for huge bucks only to find out it was more him than anyone else. I think it might be time to part ways.

Poz is a good linebacker that is injury prone. Period. With the roster we have now, and the projected cap being $120 million plus, we should spend a bit to keep him. I wouldn't overspend, but the money is there. ILB is a position that needs to be upgraded in the future through FA or the draft, so I wouldn't stand pat after this either.

Since Day One he has been able to keep a strong personal fan base. He always seems upbeat about the team and the city.

Since Day One on the field unfortunately he has been injury prone. He has never been able to cover a running back nor a tight end in pass coverage. He is never at the point of attack to stop running backs as they come off their blocks. He has always been able to chase running backs down after they pass him so his tackle totals have been high. He is not aggressive on the field nor does he use his strength (he certainly appears to be strong) to be the LB causing fumbles. Since he is always running after receivers (RB's and TE's) he is responsible for in pass coverage he never will make an interception. He has good speed (obvious from chasing down those running backs who have passed him by). He is a Penn State alum so all the Penn State fans can say here's another LB from Paterno's factory with a long NFL career. In a 3-4 you need a supply of decent LB's and Poz definitely meets that definition.

So, the question ... will I miss him if the Giants grab him ... no, I won't. Will the team be worse if we end up starting our two rookies in the beginning we will be but both these guys we have picked appear aggressive and hungry to win.

Do I think he will excell in Fewell's defense here in New Jersey? No, in fact I think he will do a lot worse in NY where the fans will rip him apart rather than in Buffalo where his personality (and his last name) have given him enough fans that he will never be on a list similar to Whitner ... so if Poz is smart, he'll take the Bills money and stay where he is comfy ... delaying the inevitable movement of the new guys into the middle.

There is no chance he will be back. Free agents with any sort of options to play for another team never resign with Buffalo, that is just how it goes. And trust me, he has options since he is a good NFL-calibre player.

Funny how other teams would pick him up in a second. In Buffalo, even though he has been through a series of injuries he has played very well. I would like to see what he can do with help... a rejuvenated Merriman, better D-line in front of him, etc.

Funny how other teams would pick him up in a second. In Buffalo, even though he has been through a series of injuries he has played very well. I would like to see what he can do with help... a rejuvenated Merriman, better D-line in front of him, etc.

Depends on what he's asking for. I doubt he'll find a lot of suitors for top-dollar demands.

He's London Fletcher, 2.0.

He'll make 125 tackles, but none behind the line of scrimmage. He'll recover a fumble or two, but never force one. He'll be in his hole more often than not, but he's not bringing any wood when he gets there.

But we run a 3-4 and we have about 2.5 linebackers on the whole roster (poz, moats (.5), Merriman (.5) and our 3rd rounder (.5).

So I guess we gotta keep him. I guess.

Poz is not as good as London Fletcher. If I were to rate on a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being great, then Poz is a 5 and Fletcher a 7. Fletcher has shown he can cover TE's & RB's out of the backfield -- Poz never will. Fletcher moves all over the fleid much better than Poz.

Poz is not as good as London Fletcher. If I were to rate on a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being great, then Poz is a 5 and Fletcher a 7. Fletcher has shown he can cover TE's & RB's out of the backfield -- Poz never will. Fletcher moves all over the fleid much better than Poz.

I agree with this assessment.

On the other hand, it's a damn shame that neither man has yet played with decent D-linemen in front of them during their careers.

Hopefully that will change in Buffalo this year.

I agree with this assessment.

On the other hand, it's a damn shame that neither man has yet played with decent D-linemen in front of them during their careers.

Why does everyone say this about Poz I do believe that just 2 years ago we were playing in a 4-3 with Stroud and Williams manning the DT spots and even thou Stroud is and was over the hill he was not that bad and Williams has been pretty good since day 1 so who else would you like to place in front of Poz to make him better?

There is no chance he will be back. Free agents with any sort of options to play for another team never resign with Buffalo, that is just how it goes. And trust me, he has options since he is a good NFL-calibre player.

+1. And his departute like that of Whitner will create another hole where there was an NFL caliber starter. Man, for every step forward the Bills take 1.5 steps back. :angry: